Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ultima Handicap Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Talkischeap to run at Kempton again - does that suggest Cheltenham not the plan?

King said: “On The Blind Side was the one that if he got his act together, we would be in trouble against.
    “Talkischeap missed the last, but that would have made no difference as the winner was on top at the end. I think we might come back for the Grade Three handicap chase next month.”

Comment

It's slightly disconcertingly open campaigning of him isn't it

Does he actually have anything in hand now?

Comment

Black Corton just jumps off the page to me in this. I can't really see where else it goes at the festival, its gonna have to carry close to top weight in this and I would expect the trip should not hold any issues.

Not convinced it loves Cheltenham despite winning around there on a couple of occasions, but for a horse who travels and jumps and will be eased in class. I fail to see how it cannot run very well and with lack of other options for the horse at the festival, the 14/1 available is tempting.

Comment

Originally posted by Westo97 View Post
          Black Corton just jumps off the page to me in this. I can't really see where else it goes at the festival, its gonna have to carry close to top weight in this and I would expect the trip should not hold any issues.

Not convinced it loves Cheltenham despite winning around there on a couple of occasions, but for a horse who travels and jumps and will be eased in class. I fail to see how it cannot run very well and with lack of other options for the horse at the festival, the 14/1 available is tempting.
          My only concern with him would be how he gets on in a big field race scenario again, not saying he won't cope but of late due to him obvs being forced into graded races often in small fields and hasn't raced vs more than 9 rivals in 2 years. Would be happy for him to rock up thou as you've mentioned would take top weight and put a few on very nice racing weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
            Give Me A Copper – Interesting horse. Highly regarded by PFN and I had an eye on him with a view to the Hennessy this year but I believe he’s suffered with a number of minor setbacks. He was declared to run at Cheltenham on NYD but was withdrawn due to the ground. There’s a whole heap of potential there and I’m interested to see him in the coming weeks. Having been off for so long I’d imagine his next start will be a cobweb-blower and it’ll be a watching brief for me with a potential view to a race like this. Nicholls handicappers are to be feared at the festival but interestingly Gaultstats make a point of the fact that he doesn’t have a good record in this race. Not sure if there’s anything in that. 20/1 NRNB with Sky is very tempting.
            Give Me A Copper ran a nice race today with a view to this. Was friendless in the betting and Nicholls said in his blog that he’d need the run and would come on for it. He got a Gold Cup entry, has a ton of potential and I’ve little doubt he’s on a decent mark.

Comment

Beware the Bear has drifted from 17’s to 21’s over the weekend without racing. Anyone know why?? Is BTB certain to get in the UIltima?

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                Beware the Bear has drifted from 17’s to 21’s over the weekend without racing. Anyone know why?? Is BTB certain to get in the UIltima?
                Certainly no issues getting in, in fact he won't be far off top weight! I wouldn't say that's a significant move as I can't imagine there'd be much money floating around in this market on the exchanges yet.

I see he's entered in the National trial in a couple of weeks and that's a bit of a grueller just 3 & a half weeks before the festival, wouldn't see it as an ideal prep for this myself. If he goes for that there might be a chance they'll skip the festival this year. Onto the Scottish National perhaps.

Comment

Originally posted by The King Pimm View Post
                  Entered in the Denman Chase.

Comment

I think from Henderson's blog that the nationals are the plan and he might go to Cheltenham. (Beware the Bear)

Ultimately, he's 2 lbs higher than when 4th so I decided he's not a strong win candidate

Comment

• Cheers lads for the info, I might cash out if that’s the case.

Comment

• A.King has written in this weeks Weekender that Chosen Path is likely aimed at the fez and Talk is Cheap will get an entry at Kempton (old racing post chase) then states he wouldn't be certain to run at Chelt and could be held back for either AYR or Aintree

Comment

• Hmmm.... cash out time for me on Talk is Cheap

Comment

• Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                            A.King has written in this weeks Weekender that Chosen Path is likely aimed at the fez and Talk is Cheap will get an entry at Kempton (old racing post chase) then states he wouldn't be certain to run at Chelt and could be held back for either AYR or Aintree
                            Max McNeil said he'd love to win his own race (obviously) and nominated Chosen Path for it a week or two ago.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                              Max McNeil said he'd love to win his own race (obviously) and nominated Chosen Path for it a week or two ago.
                              I know it has, been mentioned on here by myself and a few when talking about if TIS wouldn't run he had Chosen and Azzerti obvs Chosen more suited to 3m, might be a decent horse but TIS obvs looks more like a graded horse than Chosen and that's what is potentially needed to win a hcap these days.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Don View Post
                                Hmmm.... cash out time for me on Talk is Cheap
                                No need to rush that decision?

I am tempted too though.

Comment

Working...
                                X