Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ultima Handicap Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was looking for the race for Mister Malarky do we think here as cant find a price for any race it might run in?

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
      Was looking for the race for Mister Malarky do we think here as cant find a price for any race it might run in?
      I mentioned him in handicap shortlists. This looks like the only option unless they went for the 4 miler.

He beat Carlos Du Fruitier 13L giving 3lbs. Carlos Du Fruitier looked like he would improve for the step up in trip when outpaced and staying on behind Glen Forsa at Kempton. Waiting to see what mark he gets for that win.

Comment

Alan King namechecks the Ultima for Dingo Dollar in todays Weekender:

He needs some rain at Doncaster and I wouldn't run him if the ground was as it was for the last meeting there. In that case he could switch and run in the 2m5f chase at Cheltenham.

"That may be a little sharp for him, but he needs an outing and that race would give him experience of the course, which would be important as he is a possible for the Ultima Chase at the Festival."
        Strange he mentions the ground and needing rain. I was always under the impression he's best on good ground. Definite interest for me in this race and still available at 25's but that was of the view that the ground went slightly against him in the Ladbroke Trophy, albeit I don't think he would have improved his finishing position just perhaps the distance beat. No disgrace in losing to 2 out and out stayers in Elegant Escape and Sizing Tennesse and he was 15 lengths ahead of the rest.

Also on earlier mentions - I'd also have no doubt 3m1 will be ok for Jerrysback. Think that'll be the bare minimum he needs to show his best going forward myself. 40's is a big price for this imo however I do have slight concerns with Cheltenham / going left handed for him
        Last edited by jono; 23 January 2019, 11:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
          Alan King namechecks the Ultima for Dingo Dollar in todays Weekender:
          Got 3 potential darts in , Dingo,Talkischeap,Chosen path, could get messy

Comment

Dingo Dollar was the one I had my eye on for this.

Very very tempted to pull the trigger

Comment

I'm pretty sure the trainer said Dingo Dollar is better on a flatter track and Cheltenham wouldn't suit as much in the past.

I'm a big fan of the horse, backed him in the Ladbroke and I'm on at a nice ew price for the Slybet Chase this weekend so I hoe he does run and win that.

Talk of the Ultima comes out of the blue from memory

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

How many 'verys' before you unleash MOM?

Comment

Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post

He could blow his mark this weekend MoM. I like him and he's well handicapped but an impressive performance on Saturday will make his task much more difficult.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    He could blow his mark this weekend MoM. I like him and he's well handicapped but an impressive performance on Saturday will make his task much more difficult.
                    That's my worry.

I am expecting him to win this decent pot, and end up going for the Scottish National again

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      That's my worry.

I am expecting him to win this decent pot, and end up going for the Scottish National again
                      You have a great bet for this weekend Kev. He's going to go off v short.

Comment

Fwiw Max McNeill says Chosen Path is the horse he is aiming for this race.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          Fwiw Max McNeill says Chosen Path is the horse he is aiming for this race.
                          Think this one won't be popular in the market if King sends Talkischeap too so can envisage being decent price on the day still.

Comment

Originally posted by Outlaw View Post
                            Think this one won't be popular in the market if King sends Talkischeap too so can envisage being decent price on the day still.
                            I thought Talkischeap hadn't been entered for this

Comment

No handicap entries yet

Comment

Talkischeap would still be fine to get in the Ultima, no matter what he does today. Although the weight may be an issue though.

On The Blind Side could end up in handicap like the Ultima should he not show much today, also.

I like Mister Whitaker for this, though I am after a NRNB price, as they spoken about the Ryanair & Gold Cup which I don't think he is anywhere near good enough for.

Comment

Working...
                                X