Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Handicap Shortlists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by charlie View Post
    When the Coral market opens what price do you reckon he will be Kev?
    10/1 at best?

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
    He’ll be 5/1 on the day for any handicap hurdle he turns up in at Cheltenham.
    Around that for sure, potentially shorter!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      16/1 (WH) 17.52/1 if you can get the boost.
      Yeah, I'm going in on this one today.

Comment

16/1 (WH) 17.52/1 if you can get the boost.
        My Hills account has just been restricted. £20 max on any boost. Anyone else had the same recently?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          My Hills account has just been restricted. £20 max on any boost. Anyone else had the same recently?
          Just had the exact same thing myself FM trying to back The Storyteller any race. First time for me too.

Comment

That sounds like a flagged up bet, not personal. Bot driven.
            Although you'll be on some sort of list now I'd imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              Just had the exact same thing myself FM trying to back The Storyteller any race. First time for me too.
              I put another in a betslip to check and that was also restricted.

Got what I wanted on between 17.5/1 and 16/1 though. Thanks for highlighting Kev.

Comment

Would the owners not run him in the gold cup. He's just ran a cracker in the John durkan. We all saw what happened at punchestown. He stays the trip no bother and Hes fully entitled to run in it. They might never own one of them again.
                Some Craic to have one in a gold cup.

His hurdles rating stays there for whenever theres plemty of valuable handicaps before and after chelt. I suppose we'll see as the season goes on. But if he was mine i couldnt live with the what if.....
                Last edited by Scooby91; 9 December 2018, 04:32 PM.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

He hasn't shown any form to entitle him to be a player in the Gold Cup.

I expect they'd be happy to win another festival handicap.

If they do go Gold Cup, bet stands and he'll be a poor priced outsider (in my book) haha

Comment

He hasn't shown any form to entitle him to be a player in the Gold Cup.

I expect they'd be happy to win another festival handicap.

If they do go Gold Cup, bet stands and he'll be a poor priced outsider (in my book) haha
                    Comes to the last in 7th. Alboum photo still on the bridle with Townend going to the last,
                    but hears a call from a lad out by the rail .......

The story teller.... wins the gold cup.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      Comes to the last in 7th. Alboum photo still on the bridle with Townend going to the last,
                      but hears a call from a lad out by the rail .......

The story teller.... wins the gold cup.
                      When that happens, I'll still be up and cheering away on my poor value Gold Cup winner.

Maybe he'll win the Coral Cup in the same week and they'll pay out twice.

Comment

As per any race thread, I’m his biggest cheerleader, big fan of this bet!

Comment

I'd champion this bet- not too sure what he'd go for at over fences, but couldn't have him getting near a GC!

Comment

Completely agree on The Storyteller. I posted this in the Any Race thread when Elliotts stable tour came out in the RP in October

Not a novice to add to the above list but i'm also very keen to get The Storyteller added in this race.

I was hoping to find some 20's any race but the biggest offered is 16/1 (have requested a price with other firms). 100% a horse i'd want in this market, as he really could go anywhere and that's before GE opened up the option of hurdles! An OR of 155 means he'd need to drop a few pounds to be considered for any of the handicap chases really if he wasn't able to improve on that mark and go on to compete in the Ryanair / Gold Cup etc. The fact he has a hurdles rating of 142 though - 13lbs lower than his chasing mark could be huge! He may well just be a better horse over fences but I remember Elliott saying he was his best handicapped horse for the festival in 2017 and he was as low as 9/2 fav for the Martin Pipe that year before injury so he could be chucked in off that mark (what many people considered at the time) and he could very well line up for that race 2 years on
                            But agree the Coral Cup probably would be the most likely compared to the MP allowing Davy to be onboard. One thing for sure he'll be entered up in every race and will likely have his target declared late in the day. Made for the Any Race price.

Couldn't have him for the Gold Cup (or the Ryanair). His record in grade 1s reads:

Flogas - 7th (beaten 7.25L)
                            Ryanair Gold Cup - 5th (beaten 17.75L)
                            Punchestown Novice Chase - 1st BUT the race fell into his lap. It wasn't like it was horses just falling that gave him the race (as per Monalee and Invitation Only at the second last), it was a freak occurrence when both Finians Oscar and Al Boum Photo would have finished ahead.
                            John Durkan - 4th (beaten 4.25L)

I like him but I couldn't have the horse for any of the major races at Cheltenham at all. Handicaps on the other hand 100%. His chase mark will be too high for any chase handicap so I can't see anything other than a handicap over hurdles for him. If the owners forced Elliotts hand aiming higher so be it but I'd be shocked.

Comment

Remember you posting this at the time Jono and have had a few free bets on him as a result. Had a couple of points of the real stuff on him this evening taking the 18s with Ladbrokes. Don’t tend to get too involved in the handicaps but love this angle

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                                Remember you posting this at the time Jono and have had a few free bets on him as a result. Had a couple of points of the real stuff on him this evening taking the 18s with Ladbrokes. Don’t tend to get too involved in the handicaps but love this angle
                                Not many (if any) shrewder operators on the forum than jono

Comment

Working...
                                X