Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That juvenile hurdle at ludlow today didn't look bad.
    It's early days but I've put Caswell Bay in my tracker for Fred Winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Getting smashed. General price 14/1 now.
      Make that a general 12/1

Comment

Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
        Make that a general 12/1
        It’s like deja vu with what happened with Apples Shakira last season.

Comment

What’s the general feeling on mares in the Triumph Hurdle? I think there has only been one mare winner since 2000 but some have placed too. Is this down to a small number of runners or should this be a concern?

Comment

"Never Adapt" The drums are beating lads and lasses..... seems that peoples wallets are also!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
              It’s like deja vu with what happened with Apples Shakira last season.
              From memory, and I could be wrong, Apples Shakira was backed for this before her first race last season but not to this extent and think 20s was still widely available.

Comment

From memory, and I could be wrong, Apples Shakira was backed for this before her first race last season but not to this extent and think 20s was still widely available.
                I can’t remember the exact prices and when they happened but it feels the same. It’s certainly a big move before she’s run on these shores but when it happens to Henderson horses, they usually back it up on the track. I’m not invested in her but I’m very intrigued.

Comment

Still 14/1 Any Race with Hills

Comment

Yes Apple's shakira was 20s/ general 16s going into this. I added her to the market originally at 33s.
                    gumball was 12/1 fav until she beat him in this and went 6/1 fav herself

There's always good prices available for this. I added stormy Ireland to the market last year at 40s. And she was still that price very briefly after dotting up on debut then into 14s.

And also saldier I got put in at 40s he was still 33s briefly after winning easily on his hurdles debut too.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 15 November 2018, 07:59 PM.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Do we think Never Adapt could be Hendersons no.1 over Adjali then?

Comment

Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                        Form would say Adjali but the money would say Never Adapt. I'd imagine both will be contenders come the festival but it might just be that Never Adapt is taking all the money right now due to her upcoming run and stable confidence. The same thing could happen all over again once Adjali gets close to his debut for Henderson.

Comment

I’m another on Never Adapt at 25s and 20s.

The money has come at the right time for her before her British debut Saturday.

Comment

Also on NA @ 25’s and 16’s to win any race.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              Form would say Adjali but the money would say Never Adapt. I'd imagine both will be contenders come the festival but it might just be that Never Adapt is taking all the money right now due to her upcoming run and stable confidence. The same thing could happen all over again once Adjali gets close to his debut for Henderson.
                              I'd be suprised if this isn't all hype money hendo in the green and gold going straight for the trial at chelt. Remembering what price Apple's shakira was on the day last year.

I believe in the horse and hope she does the business but I wouldn't let the money seen for her now let me think she had any better chance of winning the triumph than she did when she was 33s.
                              I'd agree, The same will happen on a smaller scale to adjali, farid, tiger tap tap etc.... when there entered up
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 16 November 2018, 08:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                                Its possible but atleast wait till they've both ran in a half decent race. Ill be just as happy if she is . but i don't think she will be personally, she's one you deffinately had to back at 33s on her win, the vendor, and former trainer alone. ( they have no issue selling a very good one for the right money) but she's priced on hype and potential now.
                                If she does the business on sat them she'll have some good substance to her form. She's priced like she's won that race atm and it's no foregone conclusion.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 16 November 2018, 07:55 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X