Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Triumph Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by westcountry1 View Post
    I am totally with you on this...I really do think the best form this season so far is the Adjali and Quel Destin form. I strongly think that wherever Adjali runs next you will see the real horse once more now he is fully healthy again.
    I don't buy into not being healthy tbh. I just think In them conditions and with the tactics shown he was beaten by a very good, battle hardened juvenile. I expect he'll come on for the run.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      I wouldn't disagree. I really hope lamarckise runs there. Or even more So, adjali coming over however unlikely that would be, it would top it off for me. Id love him to go off infront at a pace and see sir erec trying to come up behind him with his jumping under pressure.
      You can see adjali has been jumping since a very young age through the maccaire academy. Sir erec is a poor jumper atm. But he's only had 1 run. Even then he's not had to jump under pressure. Sir erec has ability but adjali runs in France and coming through that academy is a considerable advantage.
      Picking up on this chat. And I like Adjali and have backed him as most will have on here.

And I'm sure you're also aware, but some may have forgot, or aren't aware.

The triumph has only eight hurdles, and roughly the last 2 are in the last mile of the race. There's a long run from second last to last and that's often why stamina comes to the fore, as they get racing pretty quickly.
      So the choice is classy speedy hurdler, or stamina laden clumsy at times beast type.
      The stronger types have prevailed more often on recent years and the speedy types tend to fade a little approaching the last.
      That's not to say this is always the case, but it's quite often the case.
      But Sir erec would probably beat all the triumph horses on the flat over 2m plus, so average jumping may well be enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        Picking up on this chat. And I like Adjali and have backed him as most will have on here.

And I'm sure you're also aware, but some may have forgot, or aren't aware.

The triumph has only eight hurdles, and roughly the last 2 are in the last mile of the race. There's a long run from second last to last and that's often why stamina comes to the fore, as they get racing pretty quickly.
        So the choice is classy speedy hurdler, or stamina laden clumsy at times beast type.
        The stronger types have prevailed more often on recent years and the speedy types tend to fade a little approaching the last.
        That's not to say this is always the case, but it's quite often the case.
        But Sir erec would probably beat all the triumph horses on the flat over 2m plus, so average jumping may well be enough.
        A very good post quevega.

Comment

• There was a disappearing neck between Sir Erec and Tiger Tap Tap. Of the two I'd have Tiger Tap Tap at 14/1 rather than Sir Erec at 10/1 just as I prefer 16/1 Adjali to 14/1 Quel Destin.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
            There was a disappearing neck between Sir Erec and Tiger Tap Tap. Of the two I'd have Tiger Tap Tap at 14/1 rather than Sir Erec at 10/1 just as I prefer 16/1 Adjali to 14/1 Quel Destin.
            I've covered both prior to dublin, but it was neck and neck all the way for me, the camera angle is misleading.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
              There was a disappearing neck between Sir Erec and Tiger Tap Tap. Of the two I'd have Tiger Tap Tap at 14/1 rather than Sir Erec at 10/1 just as I prefer 16/1 Adjali to 14/1 Quel Destin.
              Agree with the first bit Archie.

Comment

• Fenta des Obeaux and Farid set to both run again in the first tomorrow at Punchestown

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                  Fenta des Obeaux and Farid set to both run again in the first tomorrow at Punchestown
                  Yes, was a bot surprised at the betting tbh. Thought it would be the other way around.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                    Agree with the first bit Archie.
                    Think you need to watch it again Doc, and take physics, geometry and perspective into account.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                      Yes, was a bot surprised at the betting tbh. Thought it would be the other way around.
                      Me too CCM. Fenta should win IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        I thought the same mate, but the fact its PP pricing it up that way did make me wonder.

Comment

• Why?

Fenta just ran to the first and fell over?

Is it the beating of French Made?

I thought Farid was more highly rated before either made their debuts....

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Farid could be one for the Fred Winter imo. Interested to see how he goes tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Why?

Fenta just ran to the first and fell over?

Is it the beating of French Made?

I thought Farid was more highly rated before either made their debuts....
                              The beating of French Made and also the fact Farid was so disappointing in a pretty weak race. Got stuffed at 2/7 didnt he? But by the looks of it you are right and he is the higher rated of the two.

Comment

• I'd be putting a line through both runs personally - I won't be backing either tomorrow but to be confident on Fenta is a little misguided IMO.

I backed both any race so as long as one of them wins I won't complain

Comment

Working...
                                X