Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    enter 2, run 1
    is what i heard.
    Correct. Both are still there. Said he'd run 1 but had a task on hand to convince owner of Ask for glory

Comment

• I'm wrong, but not in the way i thought.....Flic is still *****ing in there i'm blind!

Thought he wasn't dec'd.

Comment

• Does Mullins have to have seven runners to be of interest? He is supposedly the bumper king but only has the one entry yet people are talking about Ask For Glory who is far from certain to even run.

I can only presume everyone missed the price on Blue Sari?

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
          Does Mullins have to have seven runners to be of interest? He is supposedly the bumper king but only has the one entry yet people are talking about Ask For Glory who is far from certain to even run.

I am only talking about AFG, as i fancy him if he runs. Why should i talk about horses i don't fancy

Comment

Does Mullins have to have seven runners to be of interest? He is supposedly the bumper king but only has the one entry yet people are talking about Ask For Glory who is far from certain to even run.

I've given my opinion on Blue Sari and happy to stick my neck out on him, even though the bumper is very poor and winnable.
            He simply is not anywhere near Mullins best bumper horses.
            He's just the only one to have run this year.

If you're on at a bigger price then that's handy as he's the worst priced horse in the festival at present, based on the form (including the opposition, time and pace of the the race he won).

It's a rubbish bumper though, so he's got a chance.

Comment

I've given my opinion on Blue Sari and happy to stick my neck out on him, even though the bumper is very poor and winnable.
              He simply is not anywhere near Mullins best bumper horses.
              He's just the only one to have run this year.

If you're on at a bigger price then that's handy as he's the worst priced horse in the festival at present, based on the form (including the opposition, time and pace of the the race he won).

It's a rubbish bumper though, so he's got a chance.
              Most bumpers are about a visual interpretation rather than form. My best winner ever was Cue Card off the back of a Fontwell bumper.

Ask For Glory almost certainly beat nothing. Difficult to know the exact merit of what Blue Sari achieved with the runner up coming down next time. The fact that JP who owned the second actually bought the winner would be a fair indication that he didn't think the form was rubbish.

Comment

Most bumpers are about a visual interpretation rather than form. My best winner ever was Cue Card off the back of a Fontwell bumper.

Ask For Glory almost certainly beat nothing. Difficult to know the exact merit of what Blue Sari achieved with the runner up coming down next time. The fact that JP who owned the second actually bought the winner would be a fair indication that he didn't think the form was rubbish.
                Well done with Cue Card, visual interpretation is very important I agree.
                Not even watched Ask for glory race yet to be honest.
                No idea why JP bought the horse, but you may be right and they thought a lot of the one in behind.
                But the form is probably rubbish, bar the second that got brought down the next time.

I'd be mainly against Sari, as the race it won bears no resemblance to how the champion bumper is normally run.
                And it's too short now.

FYI
                I've still got running.
                Daylight Katie 2pts ew 56-1 (expecting it not to run following gordons comments the other day)
                Master Debonair 2pts 14-1
                Meticulous 2pts 20-1 & 2pts ew 16-1.

My main fancy is meticulous, if it runs, as joseph warned ground may not be ideal

Comment

Well done with Cue Card, visual interpretation is very important I agree.
                  Not even watched Ask for glory race yet to be honest.
                  No idea why JP bought the horse, but you may be right and they thought a lot of the one in behind.
                  But the form is probably rubbish, bar the second that got brought down the next time.

I'd be mainly against Sari, as the race it won bears no resemblance to how the champion bumper is normally run.
                  And it's too short now.

FYI
                  I've still got running.
                  Daylight Katie 2pts ew 56-1 (expecting it not to run following gordons comments the other day)
                  Master Debonair 2pts 14-1
                  Meticulous 2pts 20-1 & 2pts ew 16-1.

My main fancy is meticulous, if it runs, as joseph warned ground may not be ideal
                  That comment about the ground, I think he was talking about Sempo.

Comment

• I agree with the lads above the bumper is all about style because most bumper races have no substance to them. The only one that looked potentially deep this year was the Dublin Racing Festival, but Envoi Allen was workmanlike at best, for all he may prove to be a machine in time.

Get In The Que going a bit under the radar on here. Bolted up by 16L and 9L on both starts, will be top rated on RPRs, proven on going, Harry Fry is operating at 24% strike rate in the last two weeks. Should go very well.

Comment

Both AFG and Blue Sari visually looked good.

Agree JP buying it could be a clue, but he's buying up a lot of the Guy Cherel horses so who knows.

Comment

• Paul Nicholls did declare 2 today as he said last night. It looks like both are owned by the same person, so the owner may want to run the one with the weaker form and needs persuading to swap to Ask For Glory. Only 18 at 5- day race and softer ground may yet see the trainer get his choice.
                        "Journeys to Glory, breathing in his head".

Comment

• Surprised Daylight Katie isn't taken out...

Mr David Dusndon had a say perhaps?

Comment

• The timeform boys have Get In The Queue rated as something special

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                              The timeform boys have Get In The Queue rated as something special
                              Ahead of Envoi Allen on RPR's too....

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
                                The timeform boys have Get In The Queue rated as something special
                                He has won by big margins but again I doubt there was that much in behind.

In general I am against flat breds in anything other than 'short bumpers' and I suspect they don't have much of a record in this race.

Comment

Working...
                                X