Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    That's the Sandown race (Tolworth) time for EDN, not Cheltenham.
    Stop hammering the beers Jon

Comment

That's the Sandown race (Tolworth) time for EDN, not Cheltenham.

Sorry yes it was the last win, so it was a flatter track as well. I am not sure how you equivalate time to weight to distance etc either. Minefield haha

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Stop hammering the beers Jon
        haha I am saving myself for the festival now.

What I am trying to say is EDN took longer to get round, travelling a furlong less, but carrying more weight on a flatter track than Al Dancers last performance...…….or something like that

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
          Sorry yes it was the last win, so it was a flatter track as well. I am not sure how you equivalate time to weight to distance etc either. Minefield haha
          Sandown is quite the test tbf, and the ground was soft that day, Elixir De Nutz has some nuts that's for sure.

Comment

• You'd be poor very quickly comparing times on different days, different ground AND different courses to work out which horse is faster than which directly.

Comment

Sandown is quite the test tbf, and the ground was soft that day, Elixir De Nutz has some nuts that's for sure.
              He does and he's a hardy battler, I just think he may get taken on for the lead and something more classier will come past on the bridle between the 2nd last and last. He will battle hard though that is a definite. Bright forecast may try and take him on, he also likes to be up front. Both had a soft lead LTO and could cut each others throats in this. That's my take on it anyway as I stand today.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                You'd be poor very quickly comparing times on different days, different ground AND different courses to work out which horse is faster than which directly.
                Just trying to look at all angles really, I don't normally pay much attention to times but as I had a spare hour I thought I would look. Probably more confused than ever now.

I do think EDN will place but not win tbh but I am not really sure why haha

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                  He does and he's a hardy battler, I just think he may get taken on for the lead and something more classier will come past on the bridle between the 2nd last and last. He will battle hard though that is a definite. Bright forecast may try and take him on, he also likes to be up front. Both had a soft lead LTO and could cut each others throats in this. That's my take on it anyway as I stand today.
                  Yeah, I'm not disputing how he may get taken on for the Supreme tbh. I think he's a cracking horse, but I, like you, can see him being taken on.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not disputing how he may get taken on for the Supreme tbh. I think he's a cracking horse, but I, like you, can see him being taken on.
                    Totally agree with that. I have a feeling this will be a helluva race with no natural stand out.

I must admit if they go quick and Quick Grabim lines up he would have a good chance to pick them all off.

Comment

• So is Quick Grabim back in training? Do we know?

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                        So is Quick Grabim back in training? Do we know?
                        Really want to know the answer to this

Comment

Don't know Bobby, Just hope it doesn't turn out to be Quick grabbamix !

Comment

• I hope he is as hes my main bet. A few have fallen by the wayside so trying to top up and cash a few out.

I do have Angels Breath as well.

Comment

Would love to also know. Have done some digging but found zilch out so far!

Comment

Would love to also know. Have done some digging but found zilch out so far!
                                Anyone tried befriending the owner on facebook ?
                                Im not on it.
                                poke her or something

Comment

Working...
                                X