Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The experience may yet be heightened with Aramon. After producing an electric turn of foot to snare the Grade 1 Paddy Power Future Champions Novice Hurdle, Aramon has entered calculations for the aptly-named Supreme Novices’ Hurdle, for which he can be backed at a top-priced 16-1 for the Sky Bet-sponsored contest.

Unlike Kemboy, Aramon is likely to have one more run before Cheltenham.

Massey said: “We’ve always liked him but the turn of foot he produced was fantastic.

“After the Royal Bond, Willie said we’d go back up in trip, but through one thing or another he decided to take a chance given the uphill finish at Leopardstown. The faster pace also helped him."

He added: “We’re thinking of going back to Leopardstown for the Deloitte Novice Hurdle in February and the lads involved in him are all dreaming about the Supreme Novices' Hurdle after that. It’s very exciting.

Comment

• Hi lads is Quick Grabhim out injured, thought I read that he was out, has anyone heard anything. Cheers and happy new year to you all

Comment

• I'd like to know that too Billymag, I thought i read that he had a "niggle" , but by the sounds of it , not in Training
        at the moment , so maybe more serious. ?? . Archie posted
        in the Dec forum yankee yesterday.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
          I'd like to know that too Billymag, I thought i read that he had a "niggle" , but by the sounds of it , not in Training
          at the moment , so maybe more serious. ?? . Archie posted
          in the Dec forum yankee yesterday.
          I dont think anyone who may know a little more wants to answer. As he could come back in later. And also if a big deals made cashout can be suspended.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Aramon 65/1 looking alright now. They seem to have decided 2m is his trip.

Mullins said: "He'll have to go down that Grade 1 route now and that looks his trip on nice ground. It's nice to win a Grade 1 for the Supreme Racing Club."

Aramon – sent to post a lesser-fancied 6-1 shot behind 9-4 favourite Triplicate and stablemate Sancta Simona at 5-2 – tanked through the race but connections would have feared the worst when he was caught in a pocket turning for home.

However, once out in the clear Aramon ranged upsides Sancta Simona jumping the last, before sprinting clear on the run-in to win by ten lengths going away.

Walsh said: “He jumped really well and they went a really good gallop, it suited him and he quickened really well from the back of the second last. He's getting better and it was a good performance."

Comment

• Cheers lads for the Quick Grabhim info

Comment

• PP & Betfair both cut Annamix today, from 25's to 20's, not a drastic cut, but must be reason behind it, I suspect they were not brave enough now 365 cut him back to 16's. Again, not suggesting he will be the one for definite but one run in 830 days finishing 2nd does not mean he won't be up to getting competitive in this race come March.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                  Aramon 65/1 looking alright now. They seem to have decided 2m is his trip.

Mullins said: "He'll have to go down that Grade 1 route now and that looks his trip on nice ground. It's nice to win a Grade 1 for the Supreme Racing Club."

Aramon – sent to post a lesser-fancied 6-1 shot behind 9-4 favourite Triplicate and stablemate Sancta Simona at 5-2 – tanked through the race but connections would have feared the worst when he was caught in a pocket turning for home.

However, once out in the clear Aramon ranged upsides Sancta Simona jumping the last, before sprinting clear on the run-in to win by ten lengths going away.

Walsh said: “He jumped really well and they went a really good gallop, it suited him and he quickened really well from the back of the second last. He's getting better and it was a good performance."
                  Are you on at 65/1 as well? Somebody must be cursing the day they took on boopa and Kevloaf

I laid off at 17/1 my stake so I'm just on for "free" and 40-something to one.

Live outsider though, I like him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                    PP & Betfair both cut Annamix today, from 25's to 20's, not a drastic cut, but must be reason behind it, I suspect they were not brave enough now 365 cut him back to 16's. Again, not suggesting he will be the one for definite but one run in 830 days finishing 2nd does not mean he won't be up to getting competitive in this race come March.
                    A surprising cut none-the-less. We'd have to assume people have backed the 25s?

Whether there is any logic to that or not only time will tell.

I'm still waiting on cashing out. I'm not on for more than 2.5 pts in a single but I am tempted to let him run again.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      PP & Betfair both cut Annamix today, from 25's to 20's, not a drastic cut, but must be reason behind it, I suspect they were not brave enough now 365 cut him back to 16's. Again, not suggesting he will be the one for definite but one run in 830 days finishing 2nd does not mean he won't be up to getting competitive in this race come March.
                      I'll be interested to see if he goes up in trip next and can find someimprovement ie black op. Iv no interest in him for this personally
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        I'll be interested to see if he goes up in trip next and can find someimprovement ie black op. Iv no interest in him for this personally
                        Will win it from the front, like Champagne Fever

Slow old boat

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I'm still waiting on cashing out. I'm not on for more than 2.5 pts in a single but I am tempted to let him run again.
                          Probably took about twenty quid

I've only got a couple points at 20s, so willing to let it ride.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I was backing at 25s. Although I doubt I’ve moved the market.

Comment

• Backed Elixir de nutz 37-1 WH
                              form is fair and looks overpriced considering.
                              Entered in tolworth so may no it's fate saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                Backed Elixir de nutz 37-1 WH
                                form is fair and looks overpriced considering.
                                Entered in tolworth so may no it's fate saturday.
                                Not sure what to make of Torpillo getting an entry in the Tolworth....

Comment

Working...
                                X