Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Supreme Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't think anyone on here has a single clue what will happen, all is guess work, quite obviously, and is fair to be open for debate, but as someone who cashed out a big price on the Ballymore I am hoping they don't choose that route for AB. One of the reasons I cashed was unfortunately reading plenty of posts on here saying he's a Supreme horse or the Supreme winner, I know I'm not the only one on here either who done that! My own error, and blaming not one person, but lessons are being learnt.

Just a note to self really to take most of the stuff on here with a pinch of salt, a bit like I do with owners/trainers coming out with plenty of chat about certain horses. Even in the most hardened of cases made (including my own) we are all only punters (even the professionals).

FWIW, Dai Walters has now said he could run both in the Supreme and now also split them up. One thing is for sure, he isn't going to be wrong now either way. I don't really care which quote was the 'latest' one or not, he's said both, contradicted himself and quite frankly won't be listening to him. I'd have a rant if it was Ricci so don't see why I should not say anything just because it's another owner.

Nicky wants AB in the Supreme, my own gut told me Ballymore initially due to the PTP form but being a knob and not believing in my own thoughts I cashed it as above.

It will now be a waiting game to hear quotes nearer the time from NH himself and not the owner.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Don't think anyone on here has a single clue what will happen, all is guess work, quite obviously, and is fair to be open for debate, but as someone who cashed out a big price on the Ballymore I am hoping they don't choose that route for AB. One of the reasons I cashed was unfortunately reading plenty of posts on here saying he's a Supreme horse or the Supreme winner, I know I'm not the only one on here either who done that! My own error, and blaming not one person, but lessons are being learnt.

Just a note to self really to take most of the stuff on here with a pinch of salt, a bit like I do with owners/trainers coming out with plenty of chat about certain horses. Even in the most hardened of cases made (including my own) we are all only punters (even the professionals).

FWIW, Dai Walters has now said he could run both in the Supreme and now also split them up. One thing is for sure, he isn't going to be wrong now either way. I don't really care which quote was the 'latest' one or not, he's said both, contradicted himself and quite frankly won't be listening to him. I'd have a rant if it was Ricci so don't see why I should not say anything just because it's another owner.

Nicky wants AB in the Supreme, my own gut told me Ballymore initially due to the PTP form but being a knob and not believing in my own thoughts I cashed it as above.

It will now be a waiting game to hear quotes nearer the time from NH himself and not the owner.
      Iv done the same with envoi allen in the bumper at 33s ew. . I shouldn't have cashed when I still had cashout available. I should have only cashed a small percentage for stake back. But I took Gordon's word... And that was a poor mistake of bad judgement on my part. That I deffinately regret.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Both in own rights got winnable chance in supreme , Id aim both at it in a very open race , may the best one win. Split them up and either one comes up against two potential top notchers in Champ and Battleofdoyen.
        I dont see a potental superstar in supreme , have two darts at it Dai Walters ,be brave and you might just might have a supreme winner.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Iv done the same with envoi allen in the bumper at 33s ew. . I shouldn't have cashed when I still had cashout available. I should have only cashed a small percentage for stake back. But I took Gordon's word... And that was a poor mistake of bad judgement on my part. That I deffinately regret.
          Yeah. Very easy to do unfortunately, as some good cases / quotes from connections come forward.

The risk of using cash out is fairly evident.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
            Both in own rights got winnable chance in supreme , Id aim both at it in a very open race , may the best one win. Split them up and either one comes up against two potential top notchers in Champ and Battleofdoyen.
            I dont see a potental superstar in supreme , have two darts at it Dai Walters ,be brave and you might just might have a supreme winner.
            Bets aside I'd run both in it too.

He can either take Nigel 'One Supreme win' Twiston-Davies' word or Nicky 'Three Supreme wins' Henderson's word. I know which one I'd go with.

Al Dancer has done absolutely nothing wrong, but if AB is as good as NH believes then shove both in the race and mop up.

Comment

• I’ve got Elixir De Nutz at 40’s so for a purely selfish reason I hope he slipts them up. Just got a feeling he’ll aim AB for the ballymore.

Comment

We could start a whole new trend What Trainer/Owner is talking bollocks..

I remember Ricc saying three years ago Senewalk is a tool, the two years ago Annamix was something... None of the owner/trainers are in this game for us.. The only trainer I can remember coming out on a saturday morning line and saying his horse is a tool and it turned out it was was Martin Pipe and he done that a number of times and I always took his word and won, unlike half of the muppets in this game that is sponsored by the bookies or own one.. sorry rant over
                Last edited by Sirbetalot; 17 February 2019, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• What's interesting is the most recent owner quotes about splitting them up was said before he's mentioned he was thinking about the longer race for al dancer. Now he's proved to be a pure 2 miler, there has been nothing said about Angels Breath stepping up for the 2 mile 5. That could of course change, or he was resigned to Angels Breath always being in the supreme and al dancer was the only one who might of stepped up in distance. Lots of ways to look at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                    We could start a whole new trend What Trainer/Owner is talking bollocks..

I remember Ricc saying three years ago Senewalk is a tool, the two years ago Annamix was something... None of the owner/trainers are in this game for us.. The only trainer I can remember coming out on a saturday morning line and saying his horse is a tool and it turned out it was was Martin Pipe and he done that a number of times and I always took his word and won, unlike half of the muppets in this game that is sponsored by the bookies or own one.. sorry rant over
                    I really don't get this post?!

Comment

I understand that. But how can Nicky be telling him that when he's a ptp winner, we all know, the previous handler dai employs knows. and dai himself knows,
                      that he stays 2 1/2 no problem.

I don't get how Nicky could say he dosent.
                      He doesn't need to say he doesn't stay.

He just needs to say he'll win the Supreme, and Champ works all over him

The owner is on record as saying he will run both, he's also on record saying he would like to split them up. So let's ignore the owner hey?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        He doesn't need to say he doesn't stay.

He just needs to say he'll win the Supreme, and Champ works all over him

The owner is on record as saying he will run both, he's also on record saying he would like to split them up. So let's ignore the owner hey?
                        I'll ignore the owner, yeah. Everyone else can do what they like He's going to have told the truth either way now.

Comment

What would be more of a shame, is if he put both in the supreme and neither won.
                          When the ballymore is very winnable.

You'd split them all day long and dream of winning both.

it's an interesting but pointless discussion as none of us know what will happen for sure with angels breath
                          I personally think the Ballymore is a much better race quality wise at this point

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                            I personally think the Ballymore is a much better race quality wise at this point
                            I agree MOM.

The Supreme has a crap handicap winner as favourite (not calling Al Dancer crap, the race he contested was. Worse than the one Kalashnikov won IMO) and a 4 year old as second favourite, like, I don't stick to trends religiously but if there was ever a time they were to go out the window, then based on the betting it will be this year. I see the pair of them as false favs myself, think the bookmakers will love that. Klassical Dream has the best 'level' of form (IMO), and given he's only had 2 runs, himself and Angel's Breath are far more likely to improve past the previously mentioned pair (again, my opinion, feel like I have to state this as it's obviously not factual).

The Ballymore has Champ & Battleoverdoyen, that's two Grade 1 winners, sat at the head of the betting, and a horse, in Brewin'upastorm, who was looking likely to win the Grade 2, or at least going close, as joint 4th favourite with Birchdale, the horse who did win that Grade 2. The only horse who is underpriced at the head of the market, based on what they have achieved so far is City Island, who has won two maiden hurdles and a novice hurdle, not exactly top of the line form, but likely priced on his owners and the fact a few 'professionals' have put him up in the media.

That's how I view the current markets, and I know what I would do if I wanted a Cheltenham Festival winner that badly and had both Al Dancer & Angel's Breath in my arsenal.

Comment

• You get money for finishing second also like NTD said what’s wrong with having the one two then next year one champion hurdle one arkle bingo bango I honestly think angles breath klassical dream and elixir will be the ones fighting out the finish can see aramon going ballymore

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkle View Post
                                You get money for finishing second also like NTD said what’s wrong with having the one two then next year one champion hurdle one arkle bingo bango I honestly think angles breath klassical dream and elixir will be the ones fighting out the finish can see aramon going ballymore
                                I agree with that. I think having 1 really strong dart and 1 good dart for one single race is perfect myself. Just depends how much he wants to win a race at the festival. I would also be trusting the trainer, especially one with the festival record and overall experience of NH, otherwise why bother paying him top dollar to train them, all part of the service, surely?

Comment

Working...
                                X