Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gary o Brian mentioning the 3 mile possibility Gordon not committing but rules out 2 miles.

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
      Interesting lads - nobody highly impressed? I thought that was a terrific performance from Battleoverdoyen. If he isn't fav for this now then people are blind to my mind. Slick, low hurdler with a massive engine. Would be interested to know how Kennedy compares him with Samcro last year. To my eye he is a much, much better jumper. The only worry I would have is that I think he could win a Supreme or an AB as well.
      wouldn't win a supreme I'd have thought, he's a chaser all day and jumped most of his hurdles like one. But would imagine he'd be competitive in the ballymore or AB, if they don't get all cautious with him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigga View Post
        Does Birchdale have an entry soon?

Goes to Warwick next Saturday

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          He won't go supreme. He was impressive only his 2nd run over hurdles and 1st at the right trip. He was green and will come on a bundle for that too. Should be a good RSA horse next season also.

Just a shame about tornado flyer which takes the gloss off it.
          Looks absolutely made for 3 miles over a fence...

that said so did Samcro

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
            Goes to Warwick next Saturday
            Thanks Mayo.

Comment

• He did jump well. Looks a 3 mile chaser.

Comment

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
                Was trying to listen while I was on the phone, but think Elliott said he won't be coming back in trip.
                Said he wont come back to 2m, will be 2.5m to 3m.
                Personally don't see the need to go 3m this season. Time for that next season. I only have him backed for this and not the AB so I hope i'm correct in that view.

Comment

• There's no 2m5 at the Dublin racing festival. He wont be dropping back to 2 like samcro. And ND went straight to the ballymore after this. So Will be interesting to see if they can find him another race somewhere.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Battleoverdoyen is my Ballymore horse and that was a good performance from a real chasing type. He may have the class to win a few Grade 1 hurdles but his future is over the bigger obstacles and three miles. As far as the BallyMore is concerned, that is a race often won by a horse with Champion Hurdle potential (with the exception of Samcro) and I would concerned that a 'quicker' horse could beat him over the fairly sharp Old Course.

Comment

• Tornado is able to cash at full value in supreme now also.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        There's no 2m5 at the Dublin racing festival. He wont be dropping back to 2 like samcro. And ND went straight to the ballymore after this. So Will be interesting to see if they can find him another race somewhere.
                        What's happened the race over 2m6f that Tower Bridge won last year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                          Battleoverdoyen is my Ballymore horse and that was a good performance from a real chasing type. He may have the class to win a few Grade 1 hurdles but his future is over the bigger obstacles and three miles. As far as the BallyMore is concerned, that is a race often won by a horse with Champion Hurdle potential (with the exception of Samcro) and I would concerned that a 'quicker' horse could beat him over the fairly sharp Old Course.
                          Can anyone request a price for the RSA 2020?

Comment

• Can’t see why he’d be taken out of Supreme but not Ballymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                              What's happened the race over 2m6f that Tower Bridge won last year?
                              Still there - first race of the meeting

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                                Battleoverdoyen is my Ballymore horse and that was a good performance from a real chasing type. He may have the class to win a few Grade 1 hurdles but his future is over the bigger obstacles and three miles. As far as the BallyMore is concerned, that is a race often won by a horse with Champion Hurdle potential (with the exception of Samcro) and I would concerned that a 'quicker' horse could beat him over the fairly sharp Old Course.
                                I'd go along with that, but the two favourites, of which I prefer Champ, are both staying chasers really.

Comment

Working...
                                X