Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It’s a pointless stat if you don’t have the horses you don’t win the graded races at Cheltenham. When he had 1 he won it. It’s almost as pointless as the grey horses don’t win x race crap.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kautostar View Post
      It’s a pointless stat if you don’t have the horses you don’t win the graded races at Cheltenham. When he had 1 he won it. It’s almost as pointless as the grey horses don’t win x race crap.
      We will have to agree to disagree

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
        Hello chaps, hope you are all well.

Just dropping in to note how impressed I was with Champ today- he looks as talented as any novice in the UK that’s been out so far. Personally think he’d settle much better off a true pace and I’d actually have an eye on the Supreme if I owned him!

Won today on sheer class I felt- always wanted to go faster and travelled so strongly. Would like to see him have a 2m run in prep for the festival.
        Totally agree with the Supreme angle AF.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
          We will have to agree to disagree
          Henderson soft trains a lot of his novice hurdlers. I'm sure that will be playing a part.

Comment

• What price does I can't explain open up for tomorrow. 10/11?
            Hacks up here.

Personally think hendos best 2 are himself and birchdale. Slight preference for the latter
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              What price does I can't explain open up for tomorrow. 10/11?
              Hacks up here.

Personally think hendos best 2 are himself and birchdale. Slight preference for the latter
              Birchdale looks a powerful sort and definitely going to be a force when sent chasing next season. It will be interesting how hard they go with him this season given his age and fact he has skipped a bumper campaign. He’ll be near the front of the RSA betting this time next year I reckon.

Comment

What price does I can't explain open up for tomorrow. 10/11?
                Hacks up here.

I've just added I Can't Explain for this race.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                  Birchdale looks a powerful sort and definitely going to be a force when sent chasing next season. It will be interesting how hard they go with him this season given his age and fact he has skipped a bumper campaign. He’ll be near the front of the RSA betting this time next year I reckon.
                  He's a serious horse imo. Can't wait to see him out again.

Comment

• Will probably add Birchdale at some point but Champ already fav for connections. Bit early to worry about that but cam wait until he is entered again

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                      I've just added I Can't Explain for this race.
                      Did same yesterday
                      25-1 ok
                      goes clear 2nd favourite if he wins well tomorrow.

Comment

He's a serious horse imo. Can't wait to see him out again.
                        I’m leaving him alone this year, especially for the Ballymore. As they started him off over 2m5f and are talking about the Leamington Spa, they are already gearing him towards more staying distances. I also think that, given a normal Ballymore race, he’d get done for pace by Champ and Battleoverdoyen who both have the speed for shorter.

Next season he’ll be one of my early bets for the RSA though.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          I’m leaving him alone this year, especially for the Ballymore. As they started him off over 2m5f and are talking about the Leamington Spa, they are already gearing him towards more staying distances. I also think that, given a normal Ballymore race, he’d get done for pace by Champ and Battleoverdoyen who both have the speed for shorter.

Next season he’ll be one of my early bets for the RSA though.
                          I think he's plenty of pace personally but respect your opinion.
                          He said couple of days ago he's not sure which to run between rathhill and birchdale in the toworth. Assume it will be the former. That obviously being over 2m.

Comment

I think he's plenty of pace personally but respect your opinion.
                            He said couple of days ago he's not sure which to run between rathhill and birchdale in the toworth. Assume it will be the former. That obviously being over 2m.
                            "it’s been a case of trying to keep them apart as much as possible and we’ve got to decide whether to run Birchdale or Rathill in the Tolworth Hurdle at Sandown next Saturday. I Can’t Explain will go to Cheltenham on New Year’s Day."

Comment

• After champ won.

As ever, Henderson has an abundance of emerging talent in his blue-chip stable, but*he acknowledges Champ is among this season's best.

"We've got all these good novices, and he is in that mix as well," he said.

"It is a fantastic position to be in.

"We've got to juggle them around, but*he has won a Grade One."

Comment

"it’s been a case of trying to keep them apart as much as possible and we’ve got to decide whether to run Birchdale or Rathill in the Tolworth Hurdle at Sandown next Saturday. I Can’t Explain will go to Cheltenham on New Year’s Day."
                                The quote I read was straight after his debut so things have probably changed since. The quote said he needed every yard of the 2m 5f and mentioned the Leamington Spa as a good option.

Comment

Working...
                                X