Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Said this plenty myself Mayo. Was a bit of an unpopular opinion though, surprise surprise
    Original Champs best race too

Comment

• To be fair to BOD, Samcros hype was built throughout his bumper season(I banged the drum early and often) and continued through

This year the hype horse was COF built from his bumper win, BOD didn’t start until after his first hurdle win and arguably once COF had lost, so he’s only had one more chance to build his hype

Comment

• Should Klassical Dream come here I really struggle to see him being beat. He looks to have the strongest form in the race for me and I think he’s gone vastly under the radar. Easy Game is also of some outside interest

Comment

• Originally posted by AnFiieLD. View Post
          Should Klassical Dream come here I really struggle to see him being beat. He looks to have the strongest form in the race for me and I think he’s gone vastly under the radar. Easy Game is also of some outside interest
          Which bit of his form in particular?

Beating Aramon over 2 miles?

Comment

• I can understand people knocking champ but I get a feeling there’s more in the tank and come Cheltenham he will show it that’s where my moneys going

Comment

• Originally posted by Arkle View Post
              I can understand people knocking champ but I get a feeling there’s more in the tank and come Cheltenham he will show it that’s where my moneys going
              My two penneth would be get on now ...

The name and colours and ITV coverage will ensure he's a 'public gamble' ...

I'm still annoyed I didn't back him at double figures and he's too short for me to get wroth now at the expense of my book.

There's a tiny chance I could farm offers but I don't fancy him enough to bother

Comment

• Champ looks solid, experienced, he's plenty tough enough. BOD I've loved from the moment I saw him win his 1st race. He'd have a lot less experience but I just get the feeling he's a bit special, and I think the GE team think he is as well. Im on at big prices, and he'd be my 3rd biggest winner of the festival. I have small bets Champ & a bit of "any race" Dunvegan which doesn't look like a goer.

Comment

• Champ just looks like he's capable of a big run to me, and for a henderson novice, the second season aspect really helps as he does tend to bring them along a bit softer than others trainers (for want of a better term).
                  I personally don't think Battleoverdoyen is a player in this race, although he looks a really good chaser for the future. I can't really argue a case against him for this race too much, just something tells me he'll not be in the finish. Could easily be wrong.

Funnily enough the bartlett looks the most solid novice hurdle this year as the front two look pretty obvious likely winners.
                  The supreme and ballymore or more open.

Comment

• Lisanaga Oscar looks like a very solid fav to me. Im all for seeing RC in the winners enclosure again. Perfect eye candy for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                      Lisanaga Oscar looks like a very solid fav to me. Im all for seeing RC in the winners enclosure again. Perfect eye candy for me.
                      In the Ballymore? Assume you mean the AB?

Comment

• Originally posted by squiggsy68 View Post
                        In the Ballymore? Assume you mean the AB?
                        We do indeed squiggsy

Comment

• ....BattleoverDoyen looks strong in this, but Sam’s Profile is worth consideration if you think it had little luck in running last time they met.

Comment

• Has anyone heard anything on whether Jarvey's Plate goes here or the Bartlett? I've an each way double with EDN in the supreme I'm keen to cash out if it's the latter

Comment

• https://www.racingpost.com/news/ferg...le-tour/368676

Comment

• Much appreciated! Fire = held

Comment

Working...
                                X