Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great shout that Folski, had forgotten his maiden tag was still intact going into this season tbh. He’ll definitely relish a step up to 3m.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
      Backed Monbeg Worldwide on his last 2 runs purely on the basis of how much Derek O'Connor was excited about this horse before his bumper runs. He was 3/3 in bumpers and I had an eye on him for AB last year. I was disappointed when he was beat on debut by Jetz but now it looks a pretty good run considering he has grade 1 form and was in receipt of 8lb.

He had another run that season at 2m and I did not want to touch him at this distance he was 3rd well beat before given the rest of the season off. Season debut was again at 2m and I was waiting for a step up in trip, he has now won back to back at 2m4f, 3m should bring the best out of him.

I can't see any price quoted but if I could get 50/1 I would snap it right up.
      Wishful thinking on the price probably? Certainly if it gets requested i'll be half that.

Have to wait for luck

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Wishful thinking on the price probably? Certainly if it gets requested i'll be half that.

Have to wait for luck
        I'm going to let the dust settle before I request anything.

Comment

I'll be keeping an eye on the Royal Bond runners for this race, more so the WPM runners.

Despite it only being a 2m race it does seem to be a good one to follow for this one come the festival

Comment

Its not normal for Willie to send his best novice for this race, he likes to see what the others have however if he feels nothing will get near Annamix in may run him.

Comment

Sorry for last post I had just been reading the supreme's post and thought I was still viewing that race when I posted this. I would like to add its not a great race to find Cheltenham winners from in my opinion. However if I'm missing something let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris View Post
                Sorry for last post I had just been reading the supreme's post and thought I was still viewing that race when I posted this. I would like to add its not a great race to find Cheltenham winners from in my opinion. However if I'm missing something let me know.
                I think there have been a few winners and placed horses from the Royal Bond, not necessarily in the races you'd expect them though, i.e. not the Supreme. Champagne Fever was the only horse in the past 10 seasons to have contested the Royal Bond and Won a Supreme.

I haven't run a huge list of previous races but 2 Albert Bartlett winners in the past 5 years came from this race, which is why I posted it on this thread

Comment

I just think the horse will be a 6 year old next march and maybe a bit old to go down the bumper path. N.H. only said he was one of a nice bunch of P2P horses he received.

Comment

Originally posted by Folski View Post
                    I'm going to let the dust settle before I request anything.
                    Someone beat you to it Folski, bet365 weren’t feeling too generous anyway!

Comment

• What was the quote?

Comment

• 20’s.........

Comment

• I'm interested in another Henderson horse for this race - Gallahers Cross. His last run in the hot Ascot bumper last December (.Didtheyleaveuoutto, Bullonaire, Posh Trish, Portrush Ted) is extremely strong and is still throwing out winnners with Strong Glance (5th that day) winning the bumper at the Showcase meeting at Cheltenham this October. He ran well that day, travelled well throughout but didn't have the pace to go with them when the pace quickened.

Grech and Parkin did come out on twitter in October and state he could be a Ballymore horse:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He will run in a novice hurdle in November then we will go from there. We are thinking he might be a Ballymore horse. He is a real mud lover so we will want rain until he runs. G&amp;P</p>&mdash; Grech &amp; Parkin (@GrechParkin) <a href="https://twitter.com/GrechParkin/status/1051503259033194497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
                          <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But I think he could really excel over a staying trip this year over hurdles. Best price 25's at the moment. It's not a race I want to get too involved in early on (so far backed Carefully Selected) and there's more than enough uncertainty around his target to not get involved for now so happy to see how he gets on at least until after his hurdles debut but one i'm keen on for sure.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                            I'm interested in another Henderson horse for this race - Gallahers Cross. His last run in the hot Ascot bumper last December (.Didtheyleaveuoutto, Bullonaire, Posh Trish, Portrush Ted) is extremely strong and is still throwing out winnners with Strong Glance (5th that day) winning the bumper at the Showcase meeting at Cheltenham this October. He ran well that day, travelled well throughout but didn't have the pace to go with them when the pace quickened.

Grech and Parkin did come out on twitter in October and state he could be a Ballymore horse:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">He will run in a novice hurdle in November then we will go from there. We are thinking he might be a Ballymore horse. He is a real mud lover so we will want rain until he runs. G&P</p>— Grech & Parkin (@GrechParkin) <a href="https://twitter.com/GrechParkin/status/1051503259033194497?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 14, 2018</a></blockquote>
                            <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

But I think he could really excel over a staying trip this year over hurdles. Best price 25's at the moment. It's not a race I want to get too involved in early on (so far backed Carefully Selected) and there's more than enough uncertainty around his target to not get involved for now so happy to see how he gets on at least until after his hurdles debut but one i'm keen on for sure.
                            He's on my shortlist for this race too.

I feel sorry for you Jono as that's two horses we seem to share a liking for

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              He's on my shortlist for this race too.

I feel sorry for you Jono as that's two horses we seem to share a liking for
                              "Great minds think alike" or "Who's the more foolish: the fool, or the fool who follows him?"
                              We'll find out in March!

Comment

• Re = 335 cheltenham
                                That run from Percy Veer gives a nice look to Robin de Carlow;s form Archie.
                                Bet the price of Robin stays same and two or three of these shorten (coolanly. Pym etc).

Comment

Working...
                                X