Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Showed a good attitude?

I guess you're happy enough with that?
    Just completed my post race check on Twatter and it seems ‘Kibosh’ Kim has already ruled out the Albert Bartlett

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
      Just completed my post race check on Twatter and it seems ‘Kibosh’ Kim has already ruled out the Albert Bartlett
      Kim Bailey won't run them for the sake of it, and must think it needs more time, it's form looked a bit below some of the others to be fair.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        Kim Bailey won't run them for the sake of it, and must think it needs more time, it's form looked a bit below some of the others to be fair.
        There’s not a great deal of form for this race as I’ve not got a list of many certainties to run here.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
          There’s not a great deal of form for this race as I’ve not got a list of many certainties to run here.
          No certainties for sure , but It can be narrowed down, if you're prepared to be wrong.

Comment

• Not found the winner of this race since Martello Tower in 2015 (and I've had a few darts since then!)

Not good news for anyone else on Carefully Selected 20/1. Keen for him to get a run, his profile even if he did come out know wouldn't be ideal.

Of horses that have had a run, it doesn't look any rosier in the garden. As Stay Humble 40/1 has had two hurdles runs and been beaten over 10L in both, and Gosheven 50/1 is available at bigger prices, after a poor debut and no entries or word since.

It's not all doom and gloom, as Easy Game 25/1 looked to be a strong staying type in his races so far and with him being the shortest priced Mullins horse in the betting with PP I'm taking some comfort in that being a slight pointer to his target (14/1 with them, admittedly, so is Blackbow).

The best of what is a bad bunch (of my personal bets so far) would be Derrinross 20/1 who is still available at that price.

Yikes.

Comment

• You forgot the winner Kev......Rockpoint!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                You forgot the winner Kev......Rockpoint!
                Not forgotten. That's a list of my bets.

If I added a section for horses I should have backed already, or a section for horses I want to back, Rockpoint would be first mentioned. You made a good case for him, looks a knocking good bet.

Comment

• If you like Rockpoint you must like Emitom at double the price. Cantered all over Lisnagar Oscar like it was a piece of work.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                    If you like Rockpoint you must like Emitom at double the price. Cantered all over Lisnagar Oscar like it was a piece of work.
                    Yeah I do. The setback has stopped me adding him so far...

I could well add both... but it'll annoy me that Quevega has 33/1 on both, as well as 50/1 on Derringstown that I only have at 20/1

Might back Emitom at 25s NRNB to save the mither.

Comment

• Aside from my early season punt on Carefully Selected my only other bet so far is Kateson at 33s (still available with 365). I think he is literally the only horse who I have heard connections explicitly mention the AB as a possible target. He’s got some decent quality back form (2nd in that Aintree bumper), has looked progressive as a hurdler, has a nice amount of experience for this race, and I thought the most recent performance against Champ was excellent. Incidentally I also like the 4th from that race (BrewinUpastorm) at a nice price in the Ballymore. As has been discussed it was an odd race and I wouldn’t be surprised to see some of that form flipped around. But anyway back to this race and I’m happy with Kateson EW currently and doubt I’ll have another bet in this until much closer.

Comment

Yeah I do. The setback has stopped me adding him so far...

I could well add both... but it'll annoy me that Quevega has 33/1 on both, as well as 50/1 on Derringstown that I only have at 20/1

Might back Emitom at 25s NRNB to save the mither.
                        He was just under the weather nothing major.

Edit: has entry at Ffos Las Monday.
                        Last edited by boopa; 9 January 2019, 07:23 AM.

Comment

Not found the winner of this race since Martello Tower in 2015 (and I've had a few darts since then!)

Not good news for anyone else on Carefully Selected 20/1. Keen for him to get a run, his profile even if he did come out know wouldn't be ideal.

Of horses that have had a run, it doesn't look any rosier in the garden. As Stay Humble 40/1 has had two hurdles runs and been beaten over 10L in both, and Gosheven 50/1 is available at bigger prices, after a poor debut and no entries or word since.

It's not all doom and gloom, as Easy Game 25/1 looked to be a strong staying type in his races so far and with him being the shortest priced Mullins horse in the betting with PP I'm taking some comfort in that being a slight pointer to his target (14/1 with them, admittedly, so is Blackbow).

The best of what is a bad bunch (of my personal bets so far) would be Derrinross 20/1 who is still available at that price.

Yikes.
                          Hope to see carefully selected soon although can’t see any entries according to ATR (doubt this is the best source of information)

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                            If you like Rockpoint you must like Emitom at double the price. Cantered all over Lisnagar Oscar like it was a piece of work.
                            I stick to certain trends for this race with one of the most important (for me) being the number of career runs before the festival, I like 5 or more, unfortunately he doesn't hit this (still time?), and whilst I also have no doubt Emitom is a very good horse, I would also want to see him over 3m prior to the festival.

The form line you put up is there, but Lisnager Oscar has improved for every step up in trip, so without wanting to sound like I am being bias towards Rockpoint, I actually think Lisnager Oscar was at his most effective (in trip terms) in that race as opposed to the one he ran in against Emitom, or prior to that over in a 2m NHF race where he was beat by McFabulous.

It is worth pointing out that Emitom himself could also, and very likely improve for a further step up, his breeding would suggest that, so I have an open mind with regards to the trip, but the number of runs would be a fairly big negative in how I profile this race.

I got Rockpoint @ 80/1 and he really should be 2 from 2 over 3m but for an uncharacteristic mistimed ride, if Emitom was anywhere near price then I'd probably chance him based on what we've seen.

Comment

• Nice bet. Emitom's entry is 2m. Maybe he is trying to sharpen him up for the Ballymore.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                You forgot the winner Kev......Rockpoint!
                                , I agree C.O.D , only downside now , i read this morning Tom segal likes Rockpoint too !

Comment

Working...
                                X