Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Queen Mother Champion Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some daft prices floating around the exchanges on this in expectation of an Altior procession. I may throw a few chips down roulette style - this is National Hunt after all.

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
      Some daft prices floating around the exchanges on this in expectation of an Altior procession. I may throw a few chips down roulette style - this is National Hunt after all.
      I was looking at doing this last night. Some wild prices available.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        The other three certain to run on the ground?
        DDS I'd say so, picking up prize money for the Nicholls machine.

Fox Norton always showed a liking for good ground didn't he? (That's memory and not going to fact check it)

Comment

• Coral offering Footpad at 9/1 (max bet £20) if anybody needs to cover that

Comment

• Win only and not NRNB... That's generous of them!

Comment

• Trying to delete

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                Win only and not NRNB... That's generous of them!
                Haha I know, but decent enough if you missed the boat earlier and need to have him covered in case Altior doesn't make it/falls

Comment

• Nrnb 3 places 1/4 needs to be exploited. I'm on Sceau Royal 25/1 without nrnb but will go in again at 16/1. Castlegrace Paddy 50/1 for the soft ground angle.

Comment

• Fox Norton before the weekend? Or after? Or neither haha

Comment

• Yep. With those terms you can't go wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Fox Norton before the weekend? Or after? Or neither haha
                        Before. At 33/1 with skybet NRNB. One of the best each way thievery bets of the festival. Though the 33s have gone now I believe

Comment

• No UDS in the Clarence House, yet again another poor effort all round.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            No UDS in the Clarence House, yet again another poor effort all round.
                            Can't really blame them for not running UDS when he couldn't beat him with his optimum conditions?

On another note, there aren't any horses that can challenge Altior at 2 miles, so why would a double figure field be a better spectacle when they'd all be absolutely thumped?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Can't really blame them for not running UDS when he couldn't beat him with his optimum conditions?

On another note, there aren't any horses that can challenge Altior at 2 miles, so why would a double figure field be a better spectacle when they'd all be absolutely thumped?
                              I'm not blaming them about UDS, just the whole field size makes it a pointless exercise, a bit like the Laurina race, what are we going to learn that we didn't already know. It's not a 'proper' race is it. No Grade 1 should go off with a 3 runner field, it's a sorry state of affairs IMO.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                I'm not blaming them about UDS, just the whole field size makes it a pointless exercise, a bit like the Laurina race, what are we going to learn that we didn't already know. It's not a 'proper' race is it. No Grade 1 should go off with a 3 runner field, it's a sorry state of affairs IMO.
                                They should make all races handicaps except for novices

Comment

Working...
                                X