Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Arkle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Sandown off does Geraghty ride Le Richebourg in Dublin?
    Personally liked the positive ride Mark Walsh gave it
    9/4 could look big?

Comment

• Puppy Power jocked up on Paloma Blue which presumably means Bryan Cooper has lost the Chris Jones gig. Think the horse is one of few left at a backable price. Supreme form hasnt really worked out but Henry DB Horses often improve as chasers.

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
        Puppy Power jocked up on Paloma Blue which presumably means Bryan Cooper has lost the Chris Jones gig. Think the horse is one of few left at a backable price. Supreme form hasnt really worked out but Henry DB Horses often improve as chasers.
        I'd probably give Mengli Khan a second glance if I thought about Paloma Blue for too long

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I'd probably give Mengli Khan a second glance if I thought about Paloma Blue for too long
          MK for me, is going to become a horse that isn't in love with Leopardstown. Paloma Blue is one of those horses with a massive engine that needs to fix his jumping. I'd prefer to have that sort of room for improvement angle and at 9s i think i'd agree with Mayo.

Comment

• At their respective Arkle prices or for the weekend?

I have been disappointed with Paloma Blue and think I gave too much credit to the HdB improves a horse for a fence' ... he hasn't with PB and didn't with Petit Mouchoir in hindsight?

I hope I'm wrong as I have PBlue backed but all but written off until I see something special.

Comment

• Sorry- for the weekend just. If you watch him back LTO, he was very much in the driving seat over the last. Having jumped poorly most of the race. Engine is there for all to see, just whether his jumping improves with experience and perhaps a quicker pace (less to think about). I prefer my novices to improve with racing jumpingwise, rather than being foot perfect early doors and then when they make a mistake up in company, they aren't as streetwise.

Its possible he actually just won't take to it, but at 9s he clearly has the engine.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                Sorry- for the weekend just. If you watch him back LTO, he was very much in the driving seat over the last. Having jumped poorly most of the race. Engine is there for all to see, just whether his jumping improves with experience and perhaps a quicker pace (less to think about). I prefer my novices to improve with racing jumpingwise, rather than being foot perfect early doors and then when they make a mistake up in company, they aren't as streetwise.

Its possible he actually just won't take to it, but at 9s he clearly has the engine.
                Agree that if he improves his technique he’d be right in the mix here. I’ve taken the boosted 75s to win today and any race at the Fez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  At their respective Arkle prices or for the weekend?

I have been disappointed with Paloma Blue and think I gave too much credit to the HdB improves a horse for a fence' ... he hasn't with PB and didn't with Petit Mouchoir in hindsight?

I hope I'm wrong as I have PBlue backed but all but written off until I see something special.
                  Identity thief. 3 years straight he's had a nice horse to go to war with over this trip. Imo all 3 have been bitterly dissapointing.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Hoping for Le Richebourg win today to set up a juicy Arkle against the prospective winner CE
                    Would like to see Mengli improve his jumping as feel there’s a great engine in there

Comment

• Well LR is obviously a serious player in this. MK I just don't know what they will do with him. Probably not even worth sending him to the festival.

Comment

• Having missed the prices on Le Richebourg happy to be on the Hills 18-1 double now. As others have said a big thanks to whoever brought that market to our attention.
                        Last edited by taylorch1990; 2 February 2019, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Not wanting to count my chickens too soon but feel in a very comfortable position with the victory of Le Richebourg today. Him & Cilaos Emery my two. That'll do I think.

Comment

• Le Richebourg for me, his jumping will put the rest under serious pressur

Comment

• Difficult to hide my excitement regarding LR. And with CE any race I'm very hopeful

Comment

• Yep added L riche big single earlier in week.
                                But like my 107-1 double with DDS in JLT even better.
                                I know a few have had something like this also.

Comment

Working...
                                X