Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A sad indictment of how Cheltenham antepost markets are going

We were so lucky 5 or 6 years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      That's the shortest price rsa horse iv ever seen . From memory no more heroes was pretty short but he wasn't 6/1. And I think alpha des obeaux was short enough too.
      More of That and No More Heroes were both still 8/1 in November

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        More of That and No More Heroes were both still 8/1 in November
        I have a feeling Denman was priced similar to Santini at this time of year but not 100% sure.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          I have a feeling Denman was priced similar to Santini at this time of year but not 100% sure.
          Yeah. think Harry Findlay and his mates were responsible for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            I think you are right.

Harry Findlay said that they hoovered up all the double figures pretty much as soon as he was priced up.

Comment

This Santini must be beating Might Bite and Altior 10L on the gallops , total over reaction imo , absolutely nothing in his form makes him that price , pure hype.

Comment

For future use: 22/10/18 - Best Prices for RSA
                8/1 - Santini
                10/1 - Next Destination
                16/1 - Black Op
                16/1 - Constantine Bay (Only quoted by 1 bookmaker)
                16/1 - Faugheen (4 bookmakers)
                16/1 - Coquin Mans (4 bookmakers)
                20/1 - Topofthegame
                20/1 - William Henry (1 bookmaker)
                20/1 - Cracking Smart
                20/1 - On The Blind Side
                20/1 - Samcro
                20/1 - Wholestone
                20/1 - Bacardys (1 bookmaker - slightly surprising as he's going chasing - NH Chase must be nailed on jono!)
                22/1 - Champange Classic
                25/1 - Robin waters
                25/1 - Blow By Blow
                25/1 - The Worlds End
                25/1 - Dortmund Park
                25/1 - Ok Corral
                25/1 - Sam Spinner
                25/1 - Supasundae
                25/1 - Delta Work
                25/1 - Lostintranslation
                28/1 - Mr Whipped (1 bookmaker)
                25/1 - Onefortheroadtom (1 bookmaker)
                33/1 - Kilbricken Storm
                33/1 - Vinndication
                33/1 - Ballyward
                33/1 - Sire Du Berlais
                33/1 - Bapaume (1 bookmaker)
                33/1 - Glenloe
                33/1 - Lil Rockerfeller
                40/1 - Tower Bridge
                40/1 - Golden Birthday (1 bookmaker)
                40/1 - Master Tommytucker (out for the season)
                40/1 - Thomas Campbell (1 bookmaker)
                40/1 - White Moon
                50/1 - Early Doors
                50/1 - Euxton Lane
                50/1 - Just A Sting (1 bookmaker)
                50/1 - Now Mcginty (1 bookmaker)
                50/1 - Red River

Comment

I was looking for a price about Ravenhill Road but he isn't quoted. One I will be watching keenly through the season though

I saw this tweet from last week about his schooling:

https://twitter.com/BERacingLtd/stat...27580678664193

I did go back and check One Jump Ahead (as he made the 40 top prospects) and there aren't any quotes about what a superb chaser he will one day make or anything like that etc, but he did compare favourably with Definitely Red according to OJA last year in his work and being from a P2P background you'd see chasing as the end game?

He was being aimed at the Champion Bumper when unbeaten in his bumper year but had an injury, and clearly was amiss when pulled up over hurdles on his latest start - so a risky ante post horse to look at, but I think he could win some decent prizes up North this season and might develop into a dark one for the festivals (probably Aintree)?

Comment

Not getting involved but Next Destination and Delta Work look best value at this stage.

I've literally no bets so far but Delta Work any race at 16/1 is a long way my favourite prospect.

Comment

I was looking for a price about Ravenhill Road but he isn't quoted. One I will be watching keenly through the season though

I saw this tweet from last week about his schooling:

https://twitter.com/BERacingLtd/stat...27580678664193

I did go back and check One Jump Ahead (as he made the 40 top prospects) and there aren't any quotes about what a superb chaser he will one day make or anything like that etc, but he did compare favourably with Definitely Red according to OJA last year in his work and being from a P2P background you'd see chasing as the end game?

He was being aimed at the Champion Bumper when unbeaten in his bumper year but had an injury, and clearly was amiss when pulled up over hurdles on his latest start - so a risky ante post horse to look at, but I think he could win some decent prizes up North this season and might develop into a dark one for the festivals (probably Aintree)?
                      Good to see him back in training. He was pulled up sharply in his last start of last season and I feared the worst at the time.

Comment

I'm a massive fan of Santini but single figures is a mad price for a division where even without Samcro the vast majority of the best horses are going to be targeting this race.

Because of the strength of depth I think some horses may drop down for the JLT trip but I would be expecting Black Op to best other 3 miles, as too Lostintranslation and that's before you look at the likes of Next Destination, one of Cracking Smart/Delta Work/Champagne Classic, Topofthegame look certain to contest here.

It's obviously all about potential for the horse and the 'anything he did over hurdles was a bonus' cliche but his form wasn't outstanding by any means last season - something you'd expect for a horse hovering around the 6-8/1 fav.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                          Not getting involved but Next Destination and Delta Work look best value at this stage.

I've literally no bets so far but Delta Work any race at 16/1 is a long way my favourite prospect.
                          I agree with Delta Work. He's won a pertemps at 5 years old... that is brilliant. I think he's their number 1 propsect for this race at this stage. I'd definitely take the 16s any race over 25/1 though for the security.

The previous years pertemps winner did well in the RSA last year too

Comment

Ruby Walsh believes that Next Destination, the current second favourite for the RSA Chase, could be the horse to land him another success in the race.

Speaking about the two-time Grade 1 winner, he admits: “We think he could be a really smart novice chaser and you have to dream. He has the potential to be top class and he’s got a great attitude.
                            The only thing stopping me backing Next Destination is the price. He isn't in my ante-post plans at all at the moment because there just seems absolutely no juice in the price whatsoever.

Has anybody been brave enough to take 10/1?

The fact he's in Ireland means he's almost forced to take on other good horses before too long. You'd be staggered if Gigginstown didn't run a couple against him wherever he starts to try and get a line on him...

Just thinking (and looking) back at last year I was SO keen on Next Destination to go for the Albert BArtlett, but even more keen on Cracking Smart in it, because of their runs. I was convinced CS would get the better of ND over 3m and Cracking Smart is 20/1 - Next Destination is 10/1.

Purely based on my thoughts last season I'd have to have CS 20/1 at this stage if I was ever going to back ND at 10/1

Cracking Smart is available at 17.5/1 with WH any race, so obviously that IS a bet for me at this stage looking at this race and market.

Comment

At this stage this race is surely the most competitive and open, unless Santini lives up to his price. Proper dart throwing at this time.
                              I've only backed Kilbricken in a single as 33-1 is too big. And for some reason I really like the Albert Bartlett form.

Comment

The only thing stopping me backing Next Destination is the price. He isn't in my ante-post plans at all at the moment because there just seems absolutely no juice in the price whatsoever.

Has anybody been brave enough to take 10/1?

The fact he's in Ireland means he's almost forced to take on other good horses before too long. You'd be staggered if Gigginstown didn't run a couple against him wherever he starts to try and get a line on him...

Just thinking (and looking) back at last year I was SO keen on Next Destination to go for the Albert BArtlett, but even more keen on Cracking Smart in it, because of their runs. I was convinced CS would get the better of ND over 3m and Cracking Smart is 20/1 - Next Destination is 10/1.

Purely based on my thoughts last season I'd have to have CS 20/1 at this stage if I was ever going to back ND at 10/1

Cracking Smart is available at 17.5/1 with WH any race, so obviously that IS a bet for me at this stage looking at this race and market.
                                Iv been backing him at 10/1 with lads free bets. Haven't had the account long and had nearly £200 of free bets and nothing iv backed has even ran yet.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X