Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Have to admit I do like Delta Works and has the advantage of a top top jock.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      It isn't as if Kempton perfectly suits Topofthegame either.

He finished ahead of Santini fair and square and is 4 times the price.
      Travelled all over him and got in a fight with la bague au roi which diddnt help either in terms of santini's finishing position. Take her out he'd have won very easily.
      Take him out so would she.

How close will santini be at chelt going to the last?
      He won't be upsides that's for sure
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

It isn't as if Kempton perfectly suits Topofthegame either.

He finished ahead of Santini fair and square and is 4 times the price.
        4 times the price? He is best price 9/1 for this.

Personally, I'd rather take the 4/1 Santini than 9/1 TOTG. I'm not convinced that 3 miles will suit TOTG*

* At Cheltenham.
        Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 3 January 2019, 11:25 AM.

Comment

• On the face of it, Santini ran better at Aintree than at Cheltenham. It may just have been getting better with practice but I wouldn't be looking for that much improvement on the basis that Cheltenham is much more suited to him than Kempton. Right-handed might have been an issue but flat tracks certainly aren't.

Comment

• Cheltenham is totally different track to Kempton. The fences are close together, tight turns and does not suit a real powerful galloper. Bit like Native River he was allways fighting in the KG and my view will finish ahead of the KG field in the GC.
            Topofthegame is a lovely big horse, has never won over 3 miles and I believe that Nicholls said that he was still weak and will come into his own next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cooldaddy View Post
              Cheltenham is totally different track to Kempton. The fences are close together, tight turns and does not suit a real powerful galloper. Bit like Native River he was allways fighting in the KG and my view will finish ahead of the KG field in the GC.
              Topofthegame is a lovely big horse, has never won over 3 miles and I believe that Nicholls said that he was still weak and will come into his own next year.
              There's something in that, it seems strange given the distance travelled, but history shows some horses do better on different tracks, given the different formations.
              It's working out which that's the difficult part.

Comment

• Topofthegame travelled powerfully and outpaced Santini. I'm on Santini 14/1 but the current odds are just wrong.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                  Topofthegame travelled powerfully and outpaced Santini. I'm on Santini 14/1 but the current odds are just wrong.
                  Fully agree about him being outpaced.

Going to aftertime here (sorry), as I completely forgot to put this up about Santini at the time, but I had concerns he'd get outpaced on a flat track like Kempton, so to see the way he did stay on at the end was really encouraging IMO. Cheltenham will be another story, I think he reverses that Kempton form myself, and notably, despite the 'wrong' price, he is still being backed for the race rather than drifting.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    4 times the price? He is best price 9/1 for this.

Personally, I'd rather take the 4/1 Santini than 9/1 TOTG. I'm not convinced that 3 miles will suit TOTG*

* At Cheltenham.
                    Second time I've done that in two days. Not checked the markets daily like normal.

Even so, 3 times the price is enough to sway me towards TOTG.

As in most of these debates I get into, I'm on both at bigger prices anyway so it's hard to know how exactly if play it if I was starting fresh today.

Comment

Second time I've done that in two days. Not checked the markets daily like normal.

Even so, 3 times the price is enough to sway me towards TOTG.

As in most of these debates I get into, I'm on both at bigger prices anyway so it's hard to know how exactly if play it if I was starting fresh today.
                      I'm on both too Kev, and would win more off TOTG, but I'll be surprised if he can't turn the form round. Santini never travelled round Kempton and Nico was niggling away in the first mile. I think he'll gallop them into the ground at Cheltenham.

Comment

• Do you think they'll male more use of him then?

I win more for Santini - why are we backwards haha

Comment

Do you think they'll male more use of him then?

I win more for Santini - why are we backwards haha
                          swap bets ?

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                            swap bets ?
                            Of course not haha.

If they were the other way around in price Santini would be a great bet too

They should be closer in the betting is my poorly made point

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                              swap bets ?
                              Yes please

Kev can have my 28/1 TOTG as long as I can have his 16/1 Santini

Kev - they should make much more use of him and take it up at the top of the hill. Denman and Don Poli used similar tactics in this race and I think Santini is in a similar mould.

Comment

• Top of the hill take it up would be perfect and they would not see him.

Comment

Working...
                                X