Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

RSA Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    And it's got no chance
    Santini ?

By the way PP have cocked up on Santini. He’s 7/1 generally for This but PP going 7s any race. They also gave me a Point boost to 8s

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
      Santini ?

By the way PP have cocked up on Santini. He’s 7/1 generally for This but PP going 7s any race. They also gave me a Point boost to 8s
      not just Santini, never worried about one horse especially this far out, just think theres many others gonna prove better than her

Comment

• Mares rarely run in this and the last winner was 1995.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
          not just Santini, never worried about one horse especially this far out, just think theres many others gonna prove better than her
          wouldn't discount her for four miler though,
          The amateur jockey the trainer has used McParlan did well with Missed approach two years running.
          can't see her priced up for that but think it would suit and she'd be one of highest rated with allowance.
          Ms Parfois nearly pulled it off last year, off a lower rating
          Last edited by Quevega; 8 November 2018, 02:11 PM.

Comment

• She needs a flat track, id of thought they will take a shot at Aintree

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
              LBAR now 14s for this after impressive performance today
              She was good it would either be this or the jlt, she's far too strong a traveller for the 4 miler as we saw in the mares hurdle where she'd have been placed. (but for clouting the last and losing all momentum) That's very good form going into novice chase company. I won't be doubting her at all.
              Last edited by Scooby91; 8 November 2018, 04:12 PM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                She was good it would either be this or the jlt, she's far too strong a traveller for the 4 miler as we saw in the mares hurdle where she'd have been placed. (but for clouting the last and losing all momentum) That's very good form going into novice chase company. I won't be doubting her at all.
                She'll ultimately come up short in any race against the boys in my opinion. She isn't a standout mare, she's a very good and likeable mare... plenty of races she'll do well in but I wouldn't have a win bet on her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  She'll ultimately come up short in any race against the boys in my opinion. She isn't a standout mare, she's a very good and likeable mare... plenty of races she'll do well in but I wouldn't have a win bet on her.
                  Who's the standout novices 2 1/2m? she's just beat the one convincingly that alot of people were backing.
                  Last edited by Scooby91; 8 November 2018, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Who's the standout novices 2 1/2m? she's just beat the one convincingly that alot of people were backing.
                    That isn't how it works... the 'standouts' haven't run yet.

People backing Loistintranslation aren't expecting him to be at his best today are they?

I'd consider all of her back form and profile - I'd happily lay 14/1 for her to win any race at all at Cheltenham. (Unless they make a Mares Chase over 2m4f this season and I'd not bother laying it)

Comment

• I’ve backed Lostintranslation and although I’d much rather he’d have won, I’m not giving up just yet either. He progressed as the season went on last year and I don’t think he’s the first horse to have an average debut this season, partly due to the weather. La Bague Au Roi on the other hand always goes well fresh and is certainly no mug.

Comment

That isn't how it works... the 'standouts' haven't run yet.

People backing Loistintranslation aren't expecting him to be at his best today are they?

I'd consider all of her back form and profile - I'd happily lay 14/1 for her to win any race at all at Cheltenham. (Unless they make a Mares Chase over 2m4f this season and I'd not bother laying it)
                        She's not 14/1 that was the 1st one to introduce her to the market. Tizzard dosent leave them spare of work. I genuinely don't know who the standout novices for the JLT are who haven't ran yet. Black op who's very beatable. Claimantakinforgan (ran) who I like but nobody else would have said he's a standout I wouldn't have thought. Getabird is 2nd in the betting. I'll be suprised if he's not operating over 2m . Messire des obeaux (should be 50s) he's no chance imo and he's a 3 miler anyway. Then you've got lostintranlation whos shes just beat, on the blind side (could be good) vision des flos(ran/ fell) And voix de reve etc...

I'm not backing her but
                        She has a credible chance.
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 8 November 2018, 05:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                          I’ve backed Lostintranslation and although I’d much rather he’d have won, I’m not giving up just yet either. He progressed as the season went on last year and I don’t think he’s the first horse to have an average debut this season, partly due to the weather. La Bague Au Roi on the other hand always goes well fresh and is certainly no mug.
                          Hed have bolted up last year against dynamite dollars on debut but for a horrendous mistake at the last where he was lucky to stay up.
                          I certainly wouldn't give up, hes a nice horse, he ran very credibly., they might even go different races. But a month down the line have that race again id be suprised if she diddnt beat him the same. My only point is I think she's a valid contender for the big races
                          Last edited by Scooby91; 8 November 2018, 05:20 PM.

Comment

She's not 14/1 that was the 1st one to introduce her to the market. Tizzard dosent leave them spare of work. I genuinely don't know who the standout novices for the JLT are who haven't ran yet. Black op who's very beatable. Claimantakinforgan (ran) who I like but nobody else would have said he's a standout I wouldn't have thought. Getabird is 2nd in the betting. I'll be suprised if he's not operating over 2m . Messire des obeaux (should be 50s) he's no chance imo and he's a 3 miler anyway. Then you've got lostintranlation whos shes just beat, on the blind side (could be good) vision des flos(ran/ fell) And voix de reve etc...

I'm not backing her but
                            She has a credible chance.
                            Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Mullins.

Voix du reve
                            Cilaos emery (2m to me)
                            Getabird
                            Draconien
                            Coquin mans
                            Fabulous saga (Probably needs a drop in trip)
                            Next destination ( likely 3 miler)
                            Robin des foret (not good enough)
                            Bleu berry ?
                            Duc des genievre?
                            Plenty from your own mind there?

La Bague Au Roi won't be winning the JLT or RSA - she's not good enough.

If she ends up being better than Lostintranslation, then Lostintranslation won't be winning a JLT or RSA either.

Comment

Plenty from your own mind there?

La Bague Au Roi won't be winning the JLT or RSA - she's not good enough.

If she ends up being better than Lostintranslation, then Lostintranslation won't be winning a JLT or RSA either.
                              Mullins.*

Voix du reve
                              Cilaos emery (2m to me)
                              Getabird*
                              Draconien*
                              Coquin mans
                              Fabulous saga (Probably needs a drop in trip)*
                              Next destination ( likely 3 miler)
                              Robin des foret (not good enough)
                              Bleu berry ?
                              Duc des genievre?

Don't rate any of them personally apart from getabird/ cilaos emery (who in my mind are 2 milers)

And next destination (3 miler)
                              Last edited by Scooby91; 8 November 2018, 06:19 PM.

Comment

• If I may butt in. And repeat myself from earlier.
                                La Bague Au Roi has no chance in the JLT or RSA,
                                Gordon & Willie have at least half a dozen who will prove better, And then there's the other Irish Trainers on top of that. Not to mention Mr Henderson over here.
                                If they insist on going to cheltenham then she would have a better chance in the four miler IMO as the big gun trainers will tend not to send there strongest horses to that race.
                                She would have a good proven amateur jockey available I think - and the travelling thing can only ever be a positive, irrespective of the distance IMO. If you're of the opinion she won't relax and is a bit keen then it'll cost her over any distance, the trainer should be able to deal with that anyhow.

Comment

Working...
                                X