Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It was probably his most consistent round of jumping over fences but that doesn't say much - he's not fluent and does lose ground at a lot of his fences. Connections could decide to revert back over hurdles after that as on the face of it - it was a poor run especially if you went by his odds but I was relatively happy with it actually. Much happier than when I saw the 7th place finish and reaction on twitter but having just watched the reply - importantly he got the clear round.

3 out he dropped right back but we've seen that multiple times with this horse around that same point where the pace usually quickens, the difference this time being he never rallied. If you watch Townend he barely pushes the horse at that point though to get involved. It did appear like it was a case of just get him round without any errors.

I wouldn't be backing him off that but if they stay chasing i'm still happy all roads could lead here and he'll be a player

Comment

cheers .
      Thought number one priority would be not to fall. Which makes sense.
      couple more runs, one with patrick and all systems go I reckon.
      That doesn't sound like the performance of a horse they expect to go RSA or JLT with.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
        cheers .
        That doesn't sound like the performance of a horse they expect to go RSA or JLT with.
        No definitely not.... Iwas thinking this morning but didn't post it that "if he puts in a really good performance, is he an sneaky one for the RSA" ....but absolutely not.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
          cheers .
          No not at all. Slowly build his confidence up with a couple more low key runs then yes, get Patrick onboard February time for another sighter and it's all systems go

Comment

I think the winner is one to keep an eye on, beat everything bar Blow by Blow in the Martin Pipe last year...

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
              I think the winner is one to keep an eye on, beat everything bar Blow by Blow in the Martin Pipe last year...
              Yeah Rory Delargy keeps giving him as a horse to follow and I left him today thinking it wouldn't be his day!

He is the horse that beat Blow By Blow on BBB's hurdles debut isn't he. I fear I've missed the boat though now.

A little nod to Blow By Blow for this race though perhaps?

Would Any Second Now be the JP runner?

The winner of this race last year was the ill-fated Mossback who was well supportied into 6/1 on the day of the 4 miler this year.

Burren Life 3rd today but ran well ish? - not quoted

Discorama inserted at 25/1
              Last edited by Kevloaf; 10 November 2018, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Yeah Rory Delargy keeps giving him as a horse to follow and I left him today thinking it wouldn't be his day!

He is the horse that beat Blow By Blow on BBB's hurdles debut isn't he. I fear I've missed the boat though now.

A little nod to Blow By Blow for this race though perhaps?

Would Any Second Now be the JP runner?

The winner of this race last year was the ill-fated Mossback who was well supportied into 6/1 on the day of the 4 miler this year.

Burren Life 3rd today but ran well ish? - not quoted

Discorama inserted at 25/1
                Very fair... Rory also mentions the sires excellent record at Cheltenham (Saddler Maker).

I've asked Hills for an any race price.

Comment

Im keen on Discorama too lads, I was on Blow By Blow when Discorama chinned him on the line at Fairyhouse last December, have kept an eye on him since he's a genuine hardy buck of a horse, I'd like to get an any race price as his target could be anything from the Brown Plate to the 4miler.

Had a few bob on today as I know Paul's horses always come on for the big obstacles, one to watch with interest this season for sure!

Comment

discorama will only be a 6yo????? can't see him going for this race.

Comment

Hills have put him in at 20's Any Race.

Comment

Id like to see him in the Plate personally Cooper had one eye on his mark today.

Comment

Won with ease didn't he?

They were talking Drinmore next....

22's with a boost enough to tempt you in?

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                            discorama will only be a 6yo????? can't see him going for this race.
                            Hence the any race discussion, just hope they don't aim for the RSA!

Comment

Won with ease didn't he?

They were talking Drinmore next....

22's with a boost enough to tempt you in?
                              I'll probably sit tight till his next outing Innoko, his connections mean he'll probably be given a bit of reign by the bookies.

Comment

I like that bey Innoko

Comment

Working...
                                X