Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
    Connections state intended aim for Count Meribel is RSA. Mr.Whipped OR will be too high for the Ultima, so out of Fridays race I take White Moon & Le Breuil for the Ultima.
    Cant see any of the above coming here. AIMHO
    Why Mr Whipped too high ??

Comment

• White Moon looked the best horse from that race and I'd imagine they'll go RSA.
      Mr Whipped looked slow (again) only race he'll win is a national or four miler.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
        Why Mr Whipped too high ??
        Q,
        He's already on 146. He could come here but I think the stable thinks he's better than that.
        Last edited by doctorwu; 21 November 2018, 04:22 PM.

Comment

• Someone has added White Moon to the Ultima betting today. It must have been someone on here, or a lurker!

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
            Q,
            He's already on 146. He could come here but I think the stable thinks he's better than that.
            Can't see which races he can improve that mark in as there won't be many 4 mile races for novices, he's as one paced a horse as I've seen, absolutely made for Nationals

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
              Can't see which races he can improve that mark in as there won't be many 4 mile races for novices, he's as one paced a horse as I've seen, absolutely made for Nationals
              Q,
              I think they have the RSA in mind for him?

Comment

• Can't remember which podcast from this week but they stated Robbie Power was fuming coming back in and was adamant he had the race won before falling at the last.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  Native River ran here for the same connections so I don't see why not. CT is a higher profile trainer than he was two or three seasons ago so I'm sure they could secure a top amateur if this is the road they go down.
                  An intersting point.

He did quite publically ask for top amatuers to approach him too that year.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                    Can't remember which podcast from this week but they stated Robbie Power was fuming coming back in and was adamant he had the race won before falling at the last.
                    Yeah, it was *hmmmmm -
                    They said someone close to Puppy had said it diodn't they? Adam Webb MNR?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      I noticed, that despite Tizzard moaning about having the top jockeys for the race etc... he still ran Sizing Tennessee in it last season, and that horse ran a great race in 3rd. Not sure the jockey would have made much difference in his case as was beaten a long way.
                      It's actually ironic that Tizzard did in fact get a good jockey for the race in the end. Not yet to the level of Jamie Codd or Derek O'Connor but Barry O'Neill took the ride of Sizing Tennessee. Elliott had secured him for Fagan but he got pulled at the last minute. He was Champion Point-to-Pointer last year. First time Codd or O'Connor failed to win it in 13 years.

Will more than likely be a rider for Elliott again who he rides for occasionally (won on Commander of Fleet in April). Certainly another one to consider and imagine his stock will rise over the next few seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                        Can't remember which podcast from this week but they stated Robbie Power was fuming coming back in and was adamant he had the race won before falling at the last.
                        Whoever the pundit was on ATR tonight gave it as his bet for the festival, excluding the obvious shorties. He confirmed Power thought it would have won last time & that the 4 miler was, in his opinion, most likely!

Comment

• Originally posted by Cashew King View Post
                          Whoever the pundit was on ATR tonight gave it as his bet for the festival, excluding the obvious shorties. He confirmed Power thought it would have won last time & that the 4 miler was, in his opinion, most likely!
                          Wow.

So in general are people favouring 22/1 any race or 33/1 (365) here?

Comment

• Joe Tizzard said 2m4 is perfect for White Moon.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Wow.

I'd probably go RSA 44-1 W Hill with boost.
                              Not sure what else R Power will have to potentially ride in RSA but he'll be persuasive if he thinks this is his best bet. Pretty sure he won't be suggesting four miler as most professionals wouldn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                Wow.

Most of my bet is any race but had a smaller bet on the 4 miler which is what I hope will be his target.

Comment

Working...
                                X