Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I said somewhere towards the start of this thread that my biggest issue with PP was the trainers way of prepping him. In my opinion PP won last years RSA despite being given some ridiculous prep races including a hurdle race and a trip clearly too short against a Gold Cup contender in our duke.

And now this shambles this year. If he goes straight there, he absolutely must be taken on.

If he goes Stayers Hurdle, it’s poor.

Comment

• Just spoke to Philip Reynolds. "Presenting Percy schooled this morning, 100pc, we just felt we didn't need to go this week. Very happy with him." More to follow on the42.ie shortly.

Comment

• He don’t need a prep
        What difference would it make
        A clear round and blow out aint gonna guarantee a good run in gold cup or make much difference to his chances

Comment

• There's often a fine line between a genius and a fool. Pat Kelly will be labeled one or the other after the Gold Cup

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
            He don’t need a prep
            What difference would it make
            A clear round and blow out aint gonna guarantee a good run in gold cup or make much difference to his chances
            There’s no way going straight to a Gold Cup with no chase run in open company can be considered a good idea.

It’s madness.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
              I said somewhere towards the start of this thread that my biggest issue with PP was the trainers way of prepping him. In my opinion PP won last years RSA despite being given some ridiculous prep races including a hurdle race and a trip clearly too short against a Gold Cup contender in our duke.

And now this shambles this year. If he goes straight there, he absolutely must be taken on.

If he goes Stayers Hurdle, it’s poor.
              Essentially he could win the Gold Cup 'despite being given the ridiculous prep'

My opinion on your theory is you're way off, it's about getting a race 100% on the day.

There is no set way of doing it ... native river last year ... bobs worth, best mate, kauto star

All different ways. All worked.

Too much made of it all perhaps?

Comment

• Tizzard the Gold Cup revolutionary giving Native River 1 prep in Feb. They're all doing it now

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Essentially he could win the Gold Cup 'despite being given the ridiculous prep'

My opinion on your theory is you're way off, it's about getting a race 100% on the day.

There is no set way of doing it ... native river last year ... bobs worth, best mate, kauto star

All different ways. All worked.

Too much made of it all perhaps?
                  But he’s giving the horse his first chase run in open company, and his first chase run in a year in the Gold Cup.

I find that incredible.

Surely everyone on him would’ve preferred to see him run over fences at some point before the race.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    There's often a fine line between a genius and a fool. Pat Kelly will be labeled one or the other after the Gold Cup
                    Yes, for sure. He was a genius last season, and hoping he replicates that this time around.

Comment

But he’s giving the horse his first chase run in open company, and his first chase run in a year in the Gold Cup.

I find that incredible.

Surely everyone on him would’ve preferred to see him run over fences at some point before the race.
                      Its not his first run in open company, he ran against Our Duke last year.

I'm not disagreeing that is have preferred it, and you won't be alone in ruling him out because of it, but equally its probably not as big a deal as you think

Comment

• Reported by @mickfitzg ....Presenting Percy's owner Philip Reynolds says he's 100% but Pat Kelly said we didn't need to run at Gowran so we didn't. Will get an entry in the Bobbyjo at Fairyhouse next weekend. Life never dull for Percy fans.

Comment

• The trends will NOT like that.

Does it now look like he's running scared?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            There's often a fine line between a genius and a fool. Pat Kelly will be labeled one or the other after the Gold Cup
                            That's how i see it too Faugheen.

Comment

There’s no way going straight to a Gold Cup with no chase run in open company can be considered a good idea.

It’s madness.
                              Not good for punters
                              But makes no difference to the horse, aside from extra practice

Comment

• May get entry in the Bobby Jo Next weekend (PP that is)

Sorry Kev, you beat me to it!

Comment

Working...
                                X