Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a HUGE amount of love for Terrefort, so at the same price another one I am keen on (and I think Scooby even keener) is Al Boum Photo -

I thought he was perhaps one for the Ryanair but:

I imagine he’ll go down the Cheltenham Gold Cup route. We’ll send him down that road and if he tells us he wants to come back to shorter trips, we’ll do that, but I’d be surprised if that transpires.

Has to turn form around with Presenting Percy, has had a few non completions and isn't in the 'right colours' to ever really capture the imagintion but he's a belting horse.

Mullins has had the 2nd in the Gold Cup 6 times - surely this year.....

His other well fancied horse is Bellshill.... the right handed comment is interesting!

Bellshill has come back in looking good and strong. He did particularly well out a grass. I’m very happy with him and he’ll run in Grade 1 staying chases. He has a better record going right-handed than left-handed and there could well be something in that. That said, it won’t stop me running him left-handed, as some of the biggest races there are for him are that way around. In terms of right-handed targets, the King George VI Chase could potentially be considered for him.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 17 October 2018, 08:31 PM.

Comment

Is it me or is Might Bite looking weak on the exchanges?

Comment

Gigginstown benefit race

(2:30) 315D JNwine.com Champion S'chase (Grade 1)
        €82,600.00 ( 3m - 5yo+ )[MAX 16]
        FIRST FORFEIT: 30-OCT-18
        SUPPLEMENTARY ENTRY: 30-OCT-18
        NHFrm
        6-46f 1 Alpha Des Obeaux (FR)(154) (GElliott) - . ......................... 11,10
        32-14 2 Balko Des Flos (FR)(169) (Hde Bromhead) - ....................... 11,10
        3 Black Corton (FR) (PNicholls (in GB)) - . ................................ 11,10
        4 Clan des Obeaux (FR) (PNicholls (in GB)) - . ................................ 11,10
        -2-3- 5 Coneygree (GB) (MBradstock (in GB)) - . ................................ 11,10
        p2-3- 6 Don Poli (GElliott) - . .......................... 11,10
        -1182 7 Monbeg Notorious(151) (GElliott) - . . 11,10
        -2pp8 8 Outlander(161) (GElliott) - . ................ 11,10
        5-002 9 Sandymount Duke(153) (MrsJHarrington) - . ............ 11,10
        45451 10 Sub Lieutenant(158) (Hde Bromhead) - ....................... 11,10
        37151 11 The Storyteller(155) (GElliott) - . ........ 11,10
        29111 12 Woodland Opera(154) (MrsJHarrington) - . ............ 11,10
        1-125 13 Shattered Love(153) (GElliott) - . ....... 11,03

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
          Gigginstown benefit race

(2:30) 315D JNwine.com Champion S'chase (Grade 1)
          €82,600.00 ( 3m - 5yo+ )[MAX 16]
          FIRST FORFEIT: 30-OCT-18
          SUPPLEMENTARY ENTRY: 30-OCT-18
          NHFrm
          6-46f 1 Alpha Des Obeaux (FR)(154) (GElliott) - . ......................... 11,10
          32-14 2 Balko Des Flos (FR)(169) (Hde Bromhead) - ....................... 11,10
          3 Black Corton (FR) (PNicholls (in GB)) - . ................................ 11,10
          4 Clan des Obeaux (FR) (PNicholls (in GB)) - . ................................ 11,10
          -2-3- 5 Coneygree (GB) (MBradstock (in GB)) - . ................................ 11,10
          p2-3- 6 Don Poli (GElliott) - . .......................... 11,10
          -1182 7 Monbeg Notorious(151) (GElliott) - . . 11,10
          -2pp8 8 Outlander(161) (GElliott) - . ................ 11,10
          5-002 9 Sandymount Duke(153) (MrsJHarrington) - . ............ 11,10
          45451 10 Sub Lieutenant(158) (Hde Bromhead) - ....................... 11,10
          37151 11 The Storyteller(155) (GElliott) - . ........ 11,10
          29111 12 Woodland Opera(154) (MrsJHarrington) - . ............ 11,10
          1-125 13 Shattered Love(153) (GElliott) - . ....... 11,03
          Like Balko Des Flos for this Mayo. Think he will be the top Gigginstown horse for the GC.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Like Balko Des Flos for this Mayo. Think he will be the top Gigginstown horse for the GC.
            Nicholls has done a great job pot hunting at this meeting in the past but if its the plan for BDF will be informative. Rachel and Byrony battling it out after last

Comment

Originally posted by mayo View Post
              Nicholls has done a great job pot hunting at this meeting in the past but if its the plan for BDF will be informative. Rachel and Byrony battling it out after last
              An interesting entry for Clan Des Obeaux. They were planning on going to Wetherby but it looks like being fast ground at the moment so maybe a change of plan

Comment

A nice spin out for the Grand National winner 2019 too.

Interesting if The Storyteller gets his chance too?

Comment

Rumpurs floating around on twitter that theres a strong possibiloty Footpad will be aimed at the King George this year? Whats peoples thoughts on this and do we think he will end up being a GC horse this year too? Big step up in one season from 2m to GC distance

Comment

Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                    Rumpurs floating around on twitter that theres a strong possibiloty Footpad will be aimed at the King George this year? Whats peoples thoughts on this and do we think he will end up being a GC horse this year too? Big step up in one season from 2m to GC distance
                    I believe they came from the Mullins in the Racing Post saying he's a poissible for the King George.

If he won a King George you'd be safe in assuming he'd go for a Gold Cup but it seems a little unlikely to me - he's made no secret that he personally wants the horse to step up in trip but the owners make the final decision and until I heard their views I'd probably assume he'll stay at 2 miles.

I'd like to see him tried at 3m, but I'd prefer to see him up against Altior...

Comment

Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                      Willie said after he won the Arkle that he would step him up and sees him as a gold cup horse so not sure why everyone seems so surprised. It’s a big step but doable #sizingjohn

Comment

Not just Sizing John. Best Mate, Kicking King, Kauto Star and War of Attrition were all two miler novice chasers that went on to win a gold cup.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          Not just Sizing John. Best Mate, Kicking King, Kauto Star and War of Attrition were all two miler novice chasers that went on to win a gold cup.
                          But isnt Paul N on record saying he messed up at running Kauto at 2 miles?

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                            Made a right mess of winning tingle creek as well

Comment

Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                              Not a quote I've ever seen Somer. I'd be surprised if he said that given how he won two Tingle Creek's and went off fav for the Champion Chase.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                Made a right mess of winning tingle creek as well
                                2 x Tingle Creeks

Comment

Working...
                                X