Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
    Yeah - I think that 25-1 at a quarter the odds when he's as short as 12's with some must be an each way angle. I think he's more likely to go to the 'Lexus' which could cut up - and if he performed well there? Don't get me wrong, I'm more than aware of the Cheltenham factor and the left handed question, but still...
    Watch the RSA. Bellshill was held up. Travelled and jumped nicely through the race before Might Bite quickened from the front. Bellshill didn't have much of a chance. The track is not a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
      Bellshill wont be running in the KG if the exchange is anything to go by? I'd be amazed if it doesn't run in the Gold Cup though. This is his year to have a crack at it.

Patrick Mullins put forward the RH theory. Ruby doesn't agree.
      Pretty sure they've specifically stated it's going to gold cup from memory.

Comment

Watch the RSA. Bellshill was held up. Travelled and jumped nicely through the race before Might Bite quickened from the front. Bellshill didn't have much of a chance. The track is not a problem.
        Might Bite is though. Just a far superior animal that day.

2 years on from their RSA, they're careers can't be going in complete opposite directions can they?

(Of course they CAN, obviously) but Bellshill still takes a leap of faith. I think I under rate his more recent form still though

Comment

• Wylie definitely stated Gold cup also for Bellshill.
          In this article Willie also mentioned ABP being aimed at one of the gold cups, Leopardstown or Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Might Bite is though. Just a far superior animal that day.

2 years on from their RSA, they're careers can't be going in complete opposite directions can they?

(Of course they CAN, obviously) but Bellshill still takes a leap of faith. I think I under rate his more recent form still though
            Bellshill is a year younger and only had 7 chase runs. I'd much rather be on Bellshill at the prices. Might Bite had his chance last season. Wouldn't back him with stolen money.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
              https://www.skysports.com/racing/new...enham-gold-cup

Wylie definitely stated Gold cup also for Bellshill.
              In this article Willie also mentioned ABP being aimed at one of the gold cups, Leopardstown or Cheltenham.
              Bellshill was the first Ruby mentioned when asked about the Gold Cup as well. He said he has a few lbs to find but this is his year to do it. Couldn't argue with that. Of course this could change if ABP or Kemboy win the Lexus but Bellshill would still run with Townend on.

Comment

• I personally don't fancy Bellshill or Might Bite for the GC, but have looked at the 25-1 Bellshill B365 more than once

As if season goes reasonably to plan then it should run and be a lot shorter, at least on the day, even if it don't win before march, as long as it runs placed sort of form.

Comment

Bellshill was the first Ruby mentioned when asked about the Gold Cup as well. He said he has a few lbs to find but this is his year to do it. Couldn't argue with that. Of course this could change if ABP or Kemboy win the Lexus but Bellshill would still run with Townend on.
                  Yorkhill was the first he mentioned last year

Comment

• Bellshill wasn't targeted at the Gold Cup last season. He was by far the best horse in the Irish National then won at Punchestown. I believe the plan was always to develop him and target the Gold Cup this season.

Comment

• No horse has won the Savills Chase since it's been a G1 on his seasonal reappearance...trends there to be broken of course...

Comment

• Just watched JLT again, and Shattered Love had a right look at the false tape rail on the run in.
                        Loved the hill though, she did.

Comment

• She is some mare alright. Meade reports all fine with Road to Respect + Savills very much the plan as long as ground isn't too "good".

4-1 out there wouldn't be bad in my eyes....Presenting Percy no certainty to run, and would be some effort on first run of season.

Then there's Bellshill who i love, but needs to prove he can go that way round.

Sizing John off a layoff would be some achievement.

Then we get down to Monalee, ABP et al.

I think 4s is pretty generous.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                            She is some mare alright. Meade reports all fine with Road to Respect + Savills very much the plan as long as ground isn't too "good".

4-1 out there wouldn't be bad in my eyes....Presenting Percy no certainty to run, and would be some effort on first run of season.

Then there's Bellshill who i love, but needs to prove he can go that way round.

Sizing John off a layoff would be some achievement.

Then we get down to Monalee, ABP et al.

I think 4s is pretty generous.
                            Might get that on the day with better place terms though ?

Comment

• Couldn't see beyond Shattered Love, Monalee, Road To Respect and, of course, Kemboy.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                                Couldn't see beyond Shattered Love, Monalee, Road To Respect and, of course, Kemboy.
                                No love for the Boum?

Comment

Working...
                                X