Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    What happens if waiting patiently wins the king George. He's every chance om form. And the gold cup comes up good ground?
    Took 25/1 on WP, much rather have that and risk a KG flop than take the 9/2 now for KG

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      Trainer talks bollocks for weeks before and it ends up not running.
      This. She seems very reluctant to run there.

Comment

• “The King George is the main target at the moment, but if we don’t make it we could always drop back to two miles and he’ll run in the Clarence House. He’ll have an entry in Ireland as well. It’s all ground dependent as well,” owner Richard Collins said *

He summered very well, we’ve taken our time with him to get him freshened up. We’ve picked him up the last week or so, but being ground dependent, we’ll take it one step at a time.

He's an antepost nightmare. But atleast they're open with it. Need to be a bit clearer where they draw the line
        Gd to soft? Soft?
        Last edited by Scooby91; 26 November 2018, 04:33 PM.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• She's had enough time to get him ready for the King George unless there's been a setback. Can see why other owners have moved their horses on.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
            She's had enough time to get him ready for the King George unless there's been a setback. Can see why other owners have moved their horses on.
            Why did they move their horses?

It hasn't really worked out so far. Cloudy Dreams and Cyrius Darius have hardly shown huge improvement in their races this season.
            Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 26 November 2018, 05:09 PM.

Comment

• We could look at the Fortria or Christmas with him or maybe the Durkan and miss Christmas, I don’t know. We’ll see.”

Any news on sizing John? . He's not in the John durkan.

Just seen he's had a wind op.

Comment

• Dated 5th November;
                Sizing John will miss his intended seasonal reappearance in the Fortria Chase at Navan this weekend having had a small wind procedure on Monday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

It hasn't really worked out so far. Cloudy Dreams and Cyrius Darius have hardly shown huge improvement in their races this season.
                  Owners know best

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                    Thank you.
                    it's only a year ago since he bolted up in the John durkan and went 4/1 for the gold cup. Legitimate excuse for his run since. However Won't be easy for him after a pelvic injury. Where hes been off and put on in excess of 40kg. Probably best watched for a couple of runs

Comment

• Ruth says WP needs soft ground. It has won well on good to soft. She says it wouldn't be suited to Cheltenham with no evidence to back it up. She has had 3-4 months to get it ready for the King George and now she says they might drop back to 2m. I think she's waiting a little too patiently with Waiting Patiently. You can't wrap them up in cotton wool.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post

Didn't move them cos they were delighted though did they ?

Bit too early to judge horses that've moved on.

Comment

• It can take a while for them to settle in. They've only had one run.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                            Didn't move them cos they were delighted though did they ?

Bit too early to judge horses that've moved on.
                            Obviously not but Boopa said he could see why they had moved their horses on. I was interested to know what the reason was.

Comment

• It's by Flemensfirth and she's considering dropping it back to 2m. Everyone can see it does its best work late. The ground was soft at Cheltenham, she swerved it for Aintree then it suffered an injury. Perfect example of why you can't wrap them up in cotton wool. If I was the owner I would say stop messing about and run my horse, but that's me.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                                It's by Flemensfirth and she's considering dropping it back to 2m. Everyone can see it does its best work late. The ground was soft at Cheltenham, she swerved it for Aintree then it suffered an injury. Perfect example of why you can't wrap them up in cotton wool. If I was the owner I would say stop messing about and run my horse, but that's me.
                                Tbf That quote your referring to is the owner himself being quoted.

“The King George is the main target at the moment, but if we don’t make it we could always drop back to two miles and he’ll run in the Clarence House. He’ll have an entry in Ireland as well. It’s all ground dependent as well,” owner Richard Collins said

Comment

Working...
                                X