Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Gold Cup - 2019.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
    Agree, unsure why he is 25/1 to be perfectly honest. Interested to see where he ends up first time out, entered in John Durkan & King George currently.
    Not sure if a run before but King George looking at the odds.

He'll have a huge test of his jumping at pace in that.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Not sure if a run before but King George looking at the odds.

He'll have a huge test of his jumping at pace in that.
      Yeah, a fast paced King George would not be how I think we'd see him at his best, a stiff test like Cheltenham would be more to his liking IMHO.

Comment

• I've backed Bellshill and Al Boum Photo.

Comment

• Totally agree ComplyorDie. Many have him marked for the King George because they are going along with this right handed theory.

Comment

• Willie also mentioned the King George a while back because of his record going right handed

Comment

Too early to taint him with that brush. Hed had 7 runs in his life going into the rsa . He's a serious engine. When it comes together don't be suprised If he lines up single figures in the gold cup with ruby on his back.
              If ABP comes out over Xmas and New Year and his jumping has improved then I may reconsider, but at current prices there are 25/1 shots I definitely prefer at this stage.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                If ABP comes out over Xmas and New Year and his jumping has improved then I may reconsider, but at current prices there are 25/1 shots I definitely prefer at this stage.
                I took 33/1. Which do you prefer?

Comment

• ABP left in the Ladbrokes on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                    I took 33/1. Which do you prefer?
                    I was looking at Hills @ 25's. I'd prefer Balko, Monalee or Shattered Love @ 25's than ABP. As Scooby pointed out, he's only had 7 runs in his life going into the rsa and fallen twice, and his jumping may improve. Having just watched the RSA and Growise back to make sure I'm not seeing things, it will need to significantly improve and hence why 25's doesn't interest me at this stage

Comment

• What the new Race of the Hennesy Gold cup called and is that this weekend thanks guys?

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                        What the new Race of the Hennesy Gold cup called and is that this weekend thanks guys?
                        Its called the Ladbroke Trophy, and yes its this Saturday.

Comment

• Thanks CCM

Comment

• I was interested in the number of runs angle that Scooby & Boopa have both been mentioning so thought I'd have a look at what Chase run number the GC was for the winners over the last 10 years:

2009 - Kauto Star - 20th
                            2010 - Imperial Commander - 10th
                            2011- Long Run - 10th
                            2012 - Synchronised - 9th
                            2013 - Bobs Worth - 6th
                            2014 - Lord Windermere - 10th
                            2015 - Coneygree - 4th
                            2016 - Don Cossack - 19th
                            2017 - Sizing John - 10th
                            2018 - Native River - 13th

Certainly interesting how many times 10th run comes up, more coincidence I think then anything. It's a slightly different angle then I tend to come off for my anteposts but just thought was worth a look to see who would likely roughly fit this mean of 9/10th run trend (ignoring some of those who seem to be aimed elsewhere or just out of reckoning and based upon chasing alone you are roughly left with; Presenting Percy, Bellshill, Al Boum Photo, Monalee & Shattered Love, so no real shock second season chasers.

I am starting to believe though that the mark a Gold Cup campaign leaves can be rather long lasting and am inclined to watch Bellshill a bit closer out of all those as 20s may be just a touch too high come March especially as we all know Willie will be dying to get his hands on the GC. But I certainly get Scoobys angle in terms of general rules run as Al Boum & Monalee are way behind the others in those numbers, however Al Boum I'm just a bit reluctant to go near as I am not sure about him and can't quite put my finger on a logical reason why! Already have Percy covered in many multiples and do think he is the best staying novice by a way from last year, issue being his price is a bit low for me to go into with singles so just exploring any other possible options really.

Not really sure what this is getting at but thought I would share this in case it is of interest to others and besides killed off a bit of my Monday afternoon at work!

Comment

• What happens if waiting patiently wins the king George. He's every chance om form. And the gold cup comes up good ground?
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

What happens if waiting patiently wins the king George. He's every chance om form. And the gold cup comes up good ground?
                                Trainer talks bollocks for weeks before and it ends up not running.

Comment

Working...
                                X