Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Mares Novice Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gypsy Island - best horse on the race today, ill judged ride by Walsh

Comment

• You beat me to it quevega! Absolutely shocking ride. Just no need to allow them an easy ten length lead. Should have won the race comfortably.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
        You beat me to it quevega! Absolutely shocking ride. Just no need to allow them an easy ten length lead. Should have won the race comfortably.
        Different trip etc, but Mister Blue Sky (not a mare) gave the winner 12lbs and won easy last time out.

Comment

• Agreed. Poor ride. The front two were the dangers so why he laid up sixth makes no sense. Might leave it a couple of days before speaking to the trainer!

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
            Agreed. Poor ride. The front two were the dangers so why he laid up sixth makes no sense. Might leave it a couple of days before speaking to the trainer!

Comment

• Fahey definitely wont be happy with Walsh on Gypsy Island. Way too much to do, definitely to keep on right side of when ridden properly

Comment

• Walsh was at Gypsy Island from a long way out. It's a hell of a long straight at Navan and she didn't properly pick up until they hit the rising ground. Maybe up in trip the next time.

Comment

• Stewards review:
                  'The Stewards enquired into the running and riding of Gypsy Island, ridden by M.P. Walsh, and trained by Peter Fahey.

Evidence was heard from the rider and trainer concerned.

M.P. Walsh, stated that his instructions were to take his time, settle his mount early on and do the best he could.

He said his mount got very free passing the stands and as he tried to get cover and settle her, felt he was further back than he would have of liked.

He said he was afraid his mount would do too much down the back and as a consequence not get home.

Peter Fahey, confirmed the instruction giving and expressed his satisfaction with the ride.

He also added that his charge can be very free and needed settling in her races.

The Stewards also received a report from the Irish Horseracing Regulatory Board Veterinary Officer who stated that Gypsy Island was post race normal.

Having viewed the recording of the race and considered the evidence, the Stewards noted the explanations offered.'

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                    Different trip etc, but Mister Blue Sky (not a mare) gave the winner 12lbs and won easy last time out.
                    and already flagged by Archie as one in WPM with most speed ( in his opinion)

Comment

• Evidence de Thaix could be one to note in the last at Lingfield today. She's on my list of horses from France to follow and her AQPS form is similar if not slightly better than that of Epatante.

Will be hovering over the 33/1 with bet365 anyway.

Edit: Betting suggests today won't be the day.

Job done for connections there... Pretty rancid stuff.
                      Last edited by Can't Catch Me; 27 November 2018, 02:39 PM.

Comment

• Added Relegate to my list of bets for this @ 15.3/1 boosted with WH, going against using the cash out option myself on this one. Have 3 others covered already so won't be worried if she doesn't turn up but do feel she would hit a place at the very least if she does go.

Comment

• Colreevy entered up over 2m. Iv huge hopes for her over an obstacle. Add to that posh Trish has massively franked her form, she was tanking all over the back of her when she fell at the last in her ptp.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Nicky Henderson says Mares Novice the plan for Epatante

Comment

• Colreevy with a few entry- would one take 20/1 with 365 or opt with the bigger 25s without cashout?

Comment

• Id definitely take the 20's with cashout myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X