Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

To Win 'Any Race' 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    Cheers - just backed her.
    Good stuff. I backed Altior and Laurina. The best part is if they win on debut and get injured, that counts as winning bet

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
      Didn’t know where to put this but Hills have a ‘To Remain Unbeaten In The 2018/19 UK & Irish National Hunt Season’ market

Altior 4/1
      Footpad 7/1
      Buveur d’air 7/1
      Laurina 10/1

Going in on Altior
      Footpad has already been beaten?

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        Yeh I meant to leave him out

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Cracking bet

Comment

Yeh I meant to leave him out
            Hills still quoting Footpad though ?
            Annamix 16-1 for this if anyone not on for supreme.
            wouldn't surprise me if Willie only runs Annamix once before march.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
              Hills still quoting Footpad though ?
              Annamix 16-1 for this if anyone not on for supreme.
              wouldn't surprise me if Willie only runs Annamix once before march.
              Yeh it’s a mistake. Having missed the price on Annamix I’m half tempted but will hold fire for now. Very happy with Laurina and Altior positions (as long as Laurina goes the Mares route and Altior sticks to 2m)

Comment

• Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                I’ve just gone in on The Storyteller in this market at 18/1 (boosted with Ladbrokes). I think he wins the Coral Cup!

Two important reasons behind this bet:
                - A festival winner already, GE will surely want him to be part of his squad again this year
                - I believe Gordon will have him in the race he has the best chance of winning which means he will not go off anywhere near 18/1 because either:

a) He’ll be running in the Ryanair after having proved himself good enough in this sphere by winning something like the John Durkan. If he does so, he becomes one of the favourites for the Ryanair being a C&D winner and Grade 1 performer.
                b) He’ll be running in the Coral Cup after not quite proving himself in the big league over fences. If this happens he becomes one of the hot pots of the festival and goes off at 4/1.

GE in his stable tour: “Don’t be surprised if he ends up back over hurdles, as he looks well-handicapped and could have a big one in him.”

I just can’t imagine there’s anywhere he’d rather exploit that mark than at the Festival.
                I agree as well although he is one of my favourite horses in training, a cliff horse for me. I have asked PP for a price but taken 17.5/1 with Hills with a boost.

Comment

• Right, La Bague Au Roi - 14/1 (15.3/1) WH Any Race

Pro's -
                  She gets 7 lbs
                  Has very solid form so far (beating Lostintranslation 'easily' twice
                  Front runner (may well be hard to beg back in a JLT/MAy well have some horses in trouble in an RSA)
                  A better horse over fences
                  Dickie Johnson building up a rapport
                  Thought of highly enough to go for the Kauto Star on Boxing Day

Negatives -
                  Rubbish Spring Form
                  Not grade 1 class over hurdles

I've knocked LBAR more than once, every horse has it's price. She is best price 20/1 RSA and 16/1 JLT (generally shorter JLT).

Am I completely mad, in thinking I should back her in this market? My "point" has been she can't win at Cheltenham, but this JLT has absolutely nothing taking my eye AT ALL. If she ended up RSA I wouldn't fancy her but it's not like he's a HORRID price?

Interested to know what people think, although I feel people's minds are already made up before they start

Comment

• 16s for the JLT.

Though I seenwhy you’d go any race for a fraction less odds. Though she hasn’t a chance against an rsa field of Santini, next Destination, Delta work and Cracking Smart.

Comment

• The fact she's going for the Kauto Star, it isn't inconcievable that she won that, and therefore was an RSA player... there is only really Santini in the UK that she'd be thumped by?

I certainly wouldn't back Kilbricken Storm over her now for example...

The Irish may be ahead again though, I like all 3 of them.

Comment

• The Ladbrokes market is back up.

Comment

Added Vinndication & Defi De Seuil both @ 20/1
                          So happy with Defi De Seuil

Comment

Didn’t know where to put this but Hills have a ‘To Remain Unbeaten In The 2018/19 UK & Irish National Hunt Season’ market

Altior 4/1
                            Footpad 7/1
                            Buveur d’air 7/1
                            Laurina 10/1

Going in on Altior
                            Who took 4/1 on Altior to have an unbeaten season?

Comment

Who took 4/1 on Altior to have an unbeaten season?
                              Me Sir.
                              And pressed at 7/2....

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Me Sir.
                                And pressed at 7/2....
                                Well played Ista. 7/2 decent IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X