Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Vision des flos.

We are trying to work out just how good this horse can be and this race will be a really good test of that. He lead over the last in the Supreme last season, was second at both Aintree and Punchestown and on that form he has a chance.

It’s a high quality race and hopefully he can keep up with them. If he doesn’t, we may look to go chasing with him, but we are hopeful that he will go well here.

"Hopefully he can keep up with them" and he ran in the ballymore.

he'll travel better than samcro and summerville boy, the only question is what he finds at the end.
    Who led over the last in the Supreme? VDF certainly didn't.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      According to Joe tizzard he did. They genuinely think he might not be able to keep up too.

He'll travel like a dream today iv no doubt of that.
      I do doubt what he'll find of the bridle in this company but he's in the right race.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I thought that, what's he talking bout, does he think his horse is Kalashnikov, does he think he came second in the supreme and no one's told him

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
          I thought that, what's he talking bout, does he think his horse is Kalashnikov, does he think he came second in the supreme and no one's told him
          Tbf he travelled like the best horse imo over the wrong trip and led to the last in the ballymore.

Comment

• makes more sense now

Comment

• Just hope VDF settles. Was keen at Punchestown over 2m.

Comment

Thanks Scooby. That will be huge by 2:10 tomorrow.
                It is hard not to see that as value isn't it?

If he wins today (with race fitness on his side) then he goes fav and never goes bigger (so you can't back him to win today then roll the winnings over).

If he loses today, he won't win in March anyway and everybody that is on should tear up their slips OR he'll drift out to a decent enough price anyway?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  It is hard not to see that as value isn't it?

If he wins today (with race fitness on his side) then he goes fav and never goes bigger (so you can't back him to win today then roll the winnings over).

If he loses today, he won't win in March anyway and everybody that is on should tear up their slips OR he'll drift out to a decent enough price anyway?
                  If you think he's going to win then it's huge value as it's far greater value than rolling the money over.

Then again if you've backed samcro to win today , you shouldn't have controll of your own finances.

Comment

If you think he's going to win then it's huge value as it's far greater value than rolling the money over.

Then again if you've backed samcro to win today , you shouldn't have controll of your own finances.
                    My wife holds the purse strings in our house but she's a huge Samcro fan too

Comment

Haha

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      My wife holds the purse strings in our house but she's a huge Samcro fan too
                      Haha

I'm still on my fence.

Comment

• Which ever way the race pans out, the connections of all the horses need to be applauded for giving us such a quality race this early in the season. It would have been so easy for any of them to swerve it and look for an easier option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Haha

Haha

I'm still on my fence.
                          I diddnt want to comment and spam the other thread. But about the summerville boy point. He could easily be 20s After the race with 365.

Comment

Which ever way the race pans out, the connections of all the horses need to be applauded for giving us such a quality race this early in the season. It would have been so easy for any of them to swerve it and look for an easier option.
                            Yeah absolutely agree. I'm leaning towards the Samcro 9/1 for 2 pts (if it loses, doesn't count as a Cheltenham loss as I'll just suck it up today as part of the 52 pts I've already staked

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            I diddnt want to comment and spam the other thread. But about the summerville boy point. He could easily be 20s After the race with 365.
                            Yeah that was my thinking, I'd consider taking that because he almost certainly needs the run as (I think someone pointed out earlier this week)

Comment

• Ive had a small bet on BD for this and the CH at 9/2 but nothing else. Slightly worried about the form of some of NJH's... particularly first time out.

Comment

• Catching Pigeons column picks SB - column seems to have a good insight into Seven Barrows - now totally confused about this race

George’s stable star Summerville Boy can take some mighty scalps and win the Grade One BetVictor Fighting Fifth Hurdle. So often far from a true Champion Hurdle test, this race looks sure to be a thriller this time around with the reigning title holder Buveur D’Air attempting to see off a high-class field. Although Samcro is also preferred in the betting, Summerville Boy showed an impressive turn of foot to mow down Betfair Hurdle winner Kalashnikov to win the Sky Bet Supreme at the Festival, and may be able to out-speed the Irish invader, who was classy enough in landing the Ballymore over two and half miles. However, he was given a race by another of George's high-class performers, Black Op, and he is seen much more of a stayer than the selection, with an inferior turn of foot. Much work has been done to improve Summerville Boy's Achilles heel, his jumping, and he has looked very good in his preparatory schools. Buveur D'Air will also be a tough nut to crack, but he may be short of a gallop or two, and this may be the time of the season when he is at his most vulnerable.

Comment

Working...
                                X