Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someones probably mentioned this before, but
    Just been watching videos of festival races and didn't realise Laurina's time was quicker than the triumph, and she was carrying 7lb more.
    Both races seemed to be at a good gallop but when you consider how easily she did it compared to Farclas, and how the midfield and front end runners in the mares novice hurdle faded badly, meaning cap soleil stayed on from way back to get second. Means only one thing.
    Scooby, you need to back her now.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      Someones probably mentioned this before, but
      Just been watching videos of festival races and didn't realise Laurina's time was quicker than the triumph, and she was carrying 7lb more.
      Both races seemed to be at a good gallop but when you consider how easily she did it compared to Farclas, and how the midfield and front end runners in the mares novice hurdle faded badly, meaning cap soleil stayed on from way back to get second. Means only one thing.
      Scooby, you need to back her now.

Different day though ... veeeeeery hard to get too bullish on times for different days?

Comment

• Ground probably worse on Thursday from memory,
        Not a big lover of the timings angle myself, especially over the full distance, but nothing like and evening of self fulfilment.

Comment

• True enough

My CH position as of tonight (4.7 pts staked in total) and a lot of free bets (selection all in orange means no stake, just "free")

Laurina 12/1 = 92.5 pts
          Samcro 6/1 = 18 pts
          Min 15/1
          = 15 pts
          Supasundae 20/1 = 40 pts
          Summerville Boy 16/1 = 10.6 pts
          Labaik 40/1 = 46.7 pts
          If The Cap Fits 40/1 = 86.2 pts

4.7 pts staked is really small relative to the rest of the festival for me. If the race jumped up on me tomorrow, I'd be backing Buveur D'air on the day.

No real strong opinion yet, leaning towards the Buveur D'air camp but not dead against anything.

I'm pretty dull on this race to be fair at the moment.
          Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 November 2018, 08:57 PM.

Comment

• You’ve got 309 points worth of free bets on the Champion Hurdle?

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
              You’ve got 309 points worth of free bets on the Champion Hurdle?
              That's his returns. You've added up.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Right, makes a lot more sense. It’s been a long day...

Comment

• Originally posted by bobbyvalentino View Post
                  You’ve got 309 points worth of free bets on the Champion Hurdle?
                  No, 18 pts in free bets on the CH.

the points next to each is win only return.

Sorry it's not clear

Comment

• Kev, a small query, what do you do to get these free bets? I mean i don't remember seeing these presented to me very often ?

Comment

• Henderson Saturday horses not really firing yet - very tempted to back Summerville Boy this weekend

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                        Henderson Saturday horses not really firing yet - very tempted to back Summerville Boy this weekend
                        I was thinking the same myself Mayo but Summerville Boy needs a good testing course imo and might find Newcastle a bit on the sharp side. I’ve gone for a very speculative e/w bet on Vision Des Flos.

Comment

• I've convinced myself into a small e/w play on Bedrock at 14s. I'll be somewhat surprised if both Samcro and BDA both turn up (for all that would be a great race). Vibes are BDA has come back big and will need the run.

Flyer on the chance that the WKD form will be upheld on a similar, speed favouring track that should really suit Bedrock with fitness on side.

Comment

• Originally posted by SeanRock View Post
                            I was thinking the same myself Mayo but Summerville Boy needs a good testing course imo and might find Newcastle a bit on the sharp side. I’ve gone for a very speculative e/w bet on Vision Des Flos.
                            yep. Just looking for something to take the top 2 on with

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                              On Summerville Boy (and also for Black Op over fences) - for anyone interested in backing him at his current odds of 16/1 it could be worth holding fire and waiting until after his seasonal debut.

If you look back at some of the higher profile Tom George horses of recent years they've almost always needed their first run (he has often made this comment during interviews at the time)...

Summerville Boy
                              17/18 : Beaten 0.75 lengths 2nd at Stratford at 5/4 2Fav and also 5.75 lengths 3rd at 9/4 2Fav on his third run (did finish 2nd at 16/1 between these races). Followed up by winning the Tolworth and Supreme

Black Op
                              17/18 : Beaten 7 lengths 4th in his Maiden Hurdle at Newbury at 3/1 2Fav. Followed up 1221

Sir Valentino
                              14/15 : Beaten 19 lengths 5th at 4/1 at Chepstow. Followed up 231F
                              15/16 : Beaten 12 lengths 8th at 25/1 at Cheltenham. Followed up 111525
                              16/17 : WON 8 lengths at 9/1 at Market Rasan. Followed up 48152
                              17/18 : PU at Exeter at 16/1. Followed up 1F

The Worlds End
                              16/17 : Beaten 9 lengths 3rd at Ffos Las in his Maiden Hurdle at 11/8 Fav. Followed up 111F1
                              17/18 : Beaten 33 lengths 8th at Haydock at 5/1 Fav. Did travel well through the race but weakened very quickly. Improved slowly as season went on despite ground against him

Singlefarmpayment
                              14/15 : Fell at 100/1 at Exeter. Followed up 22442
                              15/16 : Beaten 2 lengths at 16/1 at Ascot. Followed up 11P
                              16/17 : Beaten 4.5 lengths at 3/1 2Fav at Worcester. Followed up 21B2
                              17/18 : Beaten 4 lengths at 11/2 2Fav at Cheltenham. Followed up F5P52

Double Shuffle
                              15/16 : Beaten 8 lengths 2nd at 20/1. Followed up 4135
                              16/17 : Beaten a head at 7/2 2Fav. Followed up P512P
                              17/18 : Beaten 7 lengths at 7/1. Followed up 8174
                              Thought I'd bump this excellent post in regards to SB.

Comment

• 365 40/1 VDF. Had some of that. Will play Bedrock when it drifts too.

Comment

Working...
                                X