Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    All,

Give me the 4 winners of these hypotheticals...

Match races:

2 miles Cheltenham - Buveur D'air versus Apple's Jade = ?
    2.5 miles at Aintree - Buveur D'air versus Apple's Jade = ?
    2 miles Cheltenham - Apple's Jade versus Laurina = ?
    2.5 miles at Aintree - Apple's Jade versus Laurina = ?

People seem confident AJ would win a CH, yet others aren't convinced she's a good bet in the Mares and Laurina is a factor in one yet discarded in the other....

I'll be interested to hear people'#s pecking orders of the 3 over the trips (which might be a better question)

2 miles:
    1? 2? 3?

2.5 miles:
    1? 2? 3?
    I'd be with Apple's Jade, both trips, but it's a close call,
    and I'm assuming they're all the same price in this hypothesis - as price is everything in this context.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      and I'm assuming they're all the same price in this hypothesis - as price is everything in this context.
      I like that answer. She gets beat sat. So your basically saying laurina would be beat also.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        All,

Give me the 4 winners of these hypotheticals...

Match races:

2 miles Cheltenham - Buveur D'air versus Apple's Jade = ?
        2.5 miles at Aintree - Buveur D'air versus Apple's Jade = ?
        2 miles Cheltenham - Apple's Jade versus Laurina = ?
        2.5 miles at Aintree - Apple's Jade versus Laurina = ?

People seem confident AJ would win a CH, yet others aren't convinced she's a good bet in the Mares and Laurina is a factor in one yet discarded in the other....

I'll be interested to hear people'#s pecking orders of the 3 over the trips (which might be a better question)

2 miles:
        1? 2? 3?

2.5 miles:
        1? 2? 3?
        Common sense buveur dair wins both trips. Long odds on to do so.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          I like that answer. She gets beat sat. So your basically saying laurina would be beat also.
          don't understand ?

Comment

don't understand ?
            get it now with the o

Comment

don't understand ?
              Apple's jade gets done on Saturday by melon imo.

Oh shit I misread. You'd be with Apple's jade over buveur dair at the same price?
              Jesus.

Comment

• I think a lot of people still remember AJ going right in the mares, same thinking should apply in the champ, maybe the thinking is the shorter distance and faster pace would keep her mind focussed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                  I think a lot of people still remember AJ going right in the mares, same thinking should apply in the champ, maybe the thinking is the shorter distance and faster pace would keep her mind focussed.
                  Not a hope in hell Apple's jade could win a champion hurdle. She dosent have the pace she loses ground at every hurdle jumping out to the right.

Comment

Not a hope in hell Apple's jade could win a champion hurdle. She dosent have the pace she loses ground at every hurdle jumping out to the right.
                    One of us will learn something this weekend I reckon. One way or another.

Comment

Another one for you then, if Buveur D'air wasn't running, you have AJ or Laurina in the CH
                      (No Sharjah for you - just the match bet)

Comment

• I think Buveur would beat Apples Jade at both trips and I think Laurina would beat Apples Jade both trips. I don't think Laurina or Apples Jade are best at 2m,2and a half is their ideal trip in my opinion,that why I think Laurina and Apples should be in mares race.After Sunday I expect Melon to be Mullins no 1 horse for Champion Hurdle and Laurina to be diverted to Mares.

Comment

One of us will learn something this weekend I reckon. One way or another.
                          DRF is left handed. All he has to do is sit on the tail. She'll go violently out to the right on the bend I think it's 3 out where Nichols canyon did against faugheen. Melon slips up the inside. Game over .

Comment

Yeah all 10/11 shots

I think BVD would beat AJ at 2 miles
                            and
                            AJ would reverse it over 2 and a half.

I think. I think, I think that.

Comment

• Originally posted by iainmcf View Post
                              I think Buveur would beat Apples Jade at both trips and I think Laurina would beat Apples Jade both trips. I don't think Laurina or Apples Jade are best at 2m,2and a half is their ideal trip in my opinion,that why I think Laurina and Apples should be in mares race.After Sunday I expect Melon to be Mullins no 1 horse for Champion Hurdle and Laurina to be diverted to Mares.
                              Out of interst. What piece of laurinas form makes you think she'd beat Apple's jade.?

Comment

• I totally agree with Scooby,re Apples Jade

Comment

Working...
                                X