Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    You really think so?

Champion hurdle will have Buveur in it?
    I've corrected your post Kev....

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
      Had a bit of 160-1 betfair on cilaos for this, just in case, they've not entered in irish champion hurdle and this for nothing.
      If fences gets binned for some reason he may run here.
      Or The Coral Cup

Comment

• 2️⃣7️⃣ champion hurdle entries

apple's jade (fr)
        brain power (ire)
        buveur d'air (fr)
        call me lord (fr)
        charli parcs (fr)
        ch'tibello (fr)
        cilaos emery (fr)
        espoir d'allen (fr)
        farclas (fr)
        global citizen (ire)
        laurina (fr)
        man of plenty
        melon
        mohaayed
        petit mouchoir (fr)
        pingshou (ire)
        saldier (fr)
        samcro (ire)
        sharjah (fr)
        silver streak (ire)
        supasundae
        tombstone (ire)
        verdana blue (ire)
        vision des flos (fr)
        we have a dream (fr)
        western ryder (ire)
        wholestone (ire)

Comment

• No Summerville Boy, but not too surprised in all honesty

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
            I've corrected your post Kev....
            Haha ... maybe.

Which do you think is an easier task?

Buveur over 2m

Apples and Benie over 2m4f?

On let's say 'soft'?
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 January 2019, 03:36 PM.

Comment

• I watched Gordon today being asked about Samcro, he said he will start work again next week if vets give him the all clear. I realise that Im completely talking from my pocket, but.... if hes ok then why not run him at the festival, nothing to lose? And I might have an outside chance of getting the rest of my antepost CH stake back!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by billymag View Post
                I watched Gordon today being asked about Samcro, he said he will start work again next week if vets give him the all clear. I realise that Im completely talking from my pocket, but.... if hes ok then why not run him at the festival, nothing to lose? And I might have an outside chance of getting the rest of my antepost CH stake back!!!!
                No point risking it. Bought and bred to win over fences in time and being just ok won’t be enough. Will have to show them he is absolutely flying at home to even be considered for this now, and even that might not be enough to convince MOL

Comment

• Small Twitter murmurs that Buveur D'air could go straight to Cheltenham now. I think that's probably for the best as I think he runs his best races fresh.

Comment

• Comment

• Ah, there you go, hadn't seen the story too.

Comment

• Fair enough Charlie but why is going back into work next week? I did say i might be pocket talking and theres a good chance i am, but they must be giving him ago, and thinking about the spring festivals, otherwise he wouldnt be going back into work, they would just draw stumps. I accept that if he doesnt sparkle then they are probably going to give him an early summer holiday, Im just clinging on to the small hope it actually was a lung infection holding him back.

Comment

• Willie might enter Laurina for the contenders now and see if the race looks suitable nearer the time.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Haha ... maybe.

Which do you think is an easier task?

Buveur over 2m

Apples and Benie over 2m4f?

On let's say 'soft'?
                            She has so little ‘racing’ experience I don’t see her as a champion hurdler, not convinced she’s ever jumped a flight at full racing speed and 2m on the Old Course will be too sharp against a proven champion like Buveur D’Air.
                            AJ and Benie obviously no mugs and will make her work but I personally think they’d be foolish to bypass thr Mares...

Comment

• Article, which pretty much articulates (as an article should) why Laurina is the price she is.
                              I particularly like the last paragraph.

added it here in case you can't be arsed to read full article..

Racing is as simple or as complex as you want it to be, but the simplicity of putting a number on Laurina’s Champion chance contains the complexities of estimation by exemplification, less of the fixed form lines and more reading between them. Like the earth, the Flat approach makes Laurina more rounded.
                              Last edited by Quevega; 18 January 2019, 07:31 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                                https://www.timeform.com/horse-racin...ormula-1712019

Article, which pretty much articulates (as an article should) why Laurina is the price she is.
                                I particularly like the last paragraph.

added it here in case you can't be arsed to read full article..

Racing is as simple or as complex as you want it to be, but the simplicity of putting a number on Laurina’s Champion chance contains the complexities of estimation by exemplification, less of the fixed form lines and more reading between them. Like the earth, the Flat approach makes Laurina more rounded.
                                I really struggle with Lynch's writing style, he seems to use language for the sake of it, but some fair points. I'm starting to come round to the idea that she might indeed manage to win given the likely opposing candidates have by and large fallen by the wayside.

Far too short for me to back at this price, however I do think it would be a great story for the festival that looks to lack many real stars at this stage.

Comment

Working...
                                X