Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Yes, exactly?

I was answering the comment regarding a lung infection.
    Ah sorry, kinda mis-read your post...apologies Kevin.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Ah sorry, kinda mis-read your post...apologies Kevin.
      You had me re-reading my post over and over again to see what I'd done wrong

Comment

• Can’t help think that Laurina more suited to stayers than the CH..

CH is unforgiving..
        Thoughts ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rigga View Post
          Can’t help think that Laurina more suited to stayers than the CH..

CH is unforgiving..
          Thoughts ?
          I was going to wait till she actually runs in the champion, immediately prior to the race. Cos there is still doubts about which race she'll run in.

But if anyone cannot see (with their eyes) a very good horse when they see one then I'm at a loss.
          And a very good horse will be competitive over any trip 2 - 3 miles.

Stuff can go wrong on any given day and race
          and she may well end up over further for most of her remaining career but she's shown enough pace already against nothing, without coming off the bridle.
          It's that question we all need answering, not her best or optimum trip.

Comment

• Totally agree with you..Potential Superstar in my eyes..

Going to chance a small trixie with

laurina CH
            Le richberg Arkle
            Elixir De Nutz Supreme

Comment

• For a horse that has yet to taste defeat, Laurina doesn't half get crabbed!

You would think she chooses the races she runs in not Willie

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                For a horse that has yet to taste defeat, Laurina doesn't half get crabbed!

She's tasted defeat twice.
                And she's ran against nothing here yet.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                  For a horse that has yet to taste defeat, Laurina doesn't half get crabbed!

Yep, when I say 'eyes',
                  I believe it's the best asset we have for this game, it's the biggest edge you have.
                  A computer can work out ratings and judge times, distances and compare relative form, but it's what we can see that gives us our strongest edge IMO.
                  Different punters will be looking for different things/attributes though I suppose. And this will have been formed through their own positive and negative experiences.
                  And we're all wrong more often than right, cos it's not science.

Comment

• And some have blind spots

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      She's tasted defeat twice.
                      And she's ran against nothing here yet.
                      EDIT...this side of the channel.

Comment

• No Labaik in the entries

Comment

• First things first, i don't think Apple's Jade should run in this- but say she does bolt up in the Irish CH. I reckon given the Samcro drop out, Elliot could be tempted.

That makes me tempted to take a NRNB stab on her.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                            First things first, i don't think Apple's Jade should run in this- but say she does bolt up in the Irish CH. I reckon given the Samcro drop out, Elliot could be tempted.

That makes me tempted to take a NRNB stab on her.
                            You really think so?

Mares is a grade 1

2m4f is her trip

Champion hurdle will have Buveur and Laurina in it?

I can't see it at all. Elliott has been pretty clear about putting horses into races that are easiest to win... and I can't imagine them switching even with am impressive 2m win (she also has an impressive 3m win already)

Obviously you've nothing to lose other than tying up stake. I pretty much agree and have had thoughts about what related multiple might work, but no luck yet so feel is just be wasting my time a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              You really think so?

Mares is a grade 1

2m4f is her trip

Champion hurdle will have Buveur and Laurina in it?

I can't see it at all. Elliott has been pretty clear about putting horses into races that are easiest to win... and I can't imagine them switching even with am impressive 2m win (she also has an impressive 3m win already)

Obviously you've nothing to lose other than tying up stake. I pretty much agree and have had thoughts about what related multiple might work, but no luck yet so feel is just be wasting my time a bit
                              Ah i wouldn't be mad confident, but if she turns up she wouldn't be 7s for me and that's NRNB. To turn up she'd have to be very impressive, not just win by 2Ls or something and in doing so, she would be much shorter than now....

Happy enough to tie a little bit of coin up on this one i reckon. It's highly unlikely of course as this is really the only race for her.

Comment

• Had a bit of 160-1 betfair on cilaos for this, just in case, they've not entered in irish champion hurdle and this for nothing.
                                If fences gets binned for some reason he may run here.

Comment

Working...
                                X