Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

J.L.T Novices Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Real Steel 5/1 with 365. Mad how a bet on a horse you don't really like can become one of your best singles.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
      Real Steel 5/1 with 365. Mad how a bet on a horse you don't really like can become one of your best singles.
      In the same boat, but a 25-1 loser is no different to a 5-1 loser.

Comment

• It is if you trade. This race looks as poor as the Arkle.

Comment

• Such an empty race. I was about to say 5-1 is bonkers, but not much in there really.

Hopefully he sets it up nicely for LIT.

Comment

• He'd be fav for JLT (as he beat LIT LTO)
            2nd fav for Arkle (as Lalor beat him over C&D)

I'm not sure they'll switch, the JLT is easier to win too isn't it? Only one horse to beat,a nd he's beaten him... the Arkle isn't exactly tough but more unknowns to come up against.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              He'd be fav for JLT (as he beat LIT LTO)
              2nd fav for Arkle (as Lalor beat him over C&D)

I'm not sure they'll switch, the JLT is easier to win too isn't it? Only one horse to beat,a nd he's beaten him... the Arkle isn't exactly tough but more unknowns to come up against.
              Hobbs will want to run in the arkle.
              I'm sure

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                Hobbs will want to run in the arkle.
                I'm sure
                Why?

Is he old school like Tizzard?

I know he said he'd be an Arkle horse moments after the Triumph?

I don't think Phil Hobbs will ahve much to do with the decision anyway though

Comment

Why?

Is he old school like Tizzard?

I know he said he'd be an Arkle horse moments after the Triumph?

I don't think Phil Hobbs will ahve much to do with the decision anyway though
                  old school traditionalist and got soft spot for arkle.
                  and he'll have his input.
                  they're not despots in the mcmanus camp

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                    old school traditionalist and got soft spot for arkle.
                    and he'll have his input.
                    they're not despots in the mcmanus camp
                    Still, you're taking out the FAV for a JLT to be 2nd fav in an Arkle with the horse than slapped you silly over C&D ahead of you in the betting.

If they go for the Arkle it's the wrong decision.

If he wins the Arkle he has to run against Altior next year. JLT / Ryanair is much more his level - the useless mope.

Charli Parcs would thrash him any race, any track, anyday

***Realises why I don't like DDS much*** #TeamCharli

Comment

• You can hardly take DDS's run with Lalor at pure face value surely? Lalor was very good that day, but DDS was rotten, regardless of the trip!

He has beaten LIT but for me both their races have suited DDS perfectly, sit behind him and pounce. Will that happen here in hopefully a bigger field of runners? Not for me....Then there's only one winner (between the two)

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                        You can hardly take DDS's run with Lalor at pure face value surely? Lalor was very good that day, but DDS was rotten, regardless of the trip!

He has beaten LIT but for me both their races have suited DDS perfectly, sit behind him and pounce. Will that happen here in hopefully a bigger field of runners? Not for me....Then there's only one winner (between the two)
                        Where is this big field appearing from?

Single figure field would be odds on in my opinion?

And DDS although has only races in a double figure field once (15 runners) that was his Triumph win?

Hardly a stick to beat him with?

There isn't loads between them whichever way you cut it.

Comment

• Take it at face value or not, the results suggest there is more between DDS & Lalor than there is between DDS & LIT. DDS is not a 2miler anymore IMO. He needs an intermediate trip at the very least. Don't think they will swap.

Caught part of the 'Upping The Ante' video last night and DJ brought up a stat about JP having runners in the Arkle, he's had just 6 in 18 years, now for a mega owner, which he is, that's a little surprising.

Comment

• Originally posted by jack1092 View Post
                            You can hardly take DDS's run with Lalor at pure face value surely? Lalor was very good that day, but DDS was rotten, regardless of the trip!

Still a big ask for DDS if that version of Lalor turned up. Just imo. The one thing I could see moving DDS is Delta Work dropping back to JLT. No indication he will but looks easier than RSA ( again just imo).

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                              Still a big ask for DDS if that version of Lalor turned up. Just imo. The one thing I could see moving DDS is Delta Work dropping back to JLT. No indication he will but looks easier than RSA ( again just imo).
                              I don't really want to think about that Old Vic , D.W. to j.l.t , But I have thought would they do that,
                              on More than one occasion .

Comment

Where is this big field appearing from?

Single figure field would be odds on in my opinion?

And DDS although has only races in a double figure field once (15 runners) that was his Triumph win?

Hardly a stick to beat him with?

There isn't loads between them whichever way you cut it.
                                Bigger field- surely have more than 4 or 5.....even if not, Real Steel likes to go from the front a lot, so there'll be pace, and not mean LIT has to do the dirty work.

It's nothing to do with the size of field not suiting DDS, its the fact, in the small fields the last twice, he's had LIT to sit and track both times- one time he beat him, one he didn't. Will he get it that easy this time? I wouldn't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X