Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
    I think you need to stay 3 miles at a steady pace and then have a gear change for the last circuit. You also need to jump well, remain balanced and have tactical speed to adjust your position where necessary. Above all you need to maintain speed and stay on up that hill like a Tiger!
    You don’t think a horse 4th in an RSA and that Willie repeatedly tried over 4m in the Grand National can stay 3 miles at a steady pace? He did exactly that on trials day, jumped well and cut through the field to finish 5th carrying 11/9. As I’ve said, Ballycasey is no Tiger but if you watched Tiger in the trial last year you would have levelled the same points at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
      You don’t think a horse 4th in an RSA and that Willie repeatedly tried over 4m in the Grand National can stay 3 miles at a steady pace? He did exactly that on trials day, jumped well and cut through the field to finish 5th carrying 11/9. As I’ve said, Ballycasey is no Tiger but if you watched Tiger in the trial last year you would have levelled the same points at him.
      Tiger Roll won a 4 miler. Ballycasey has hit 'the wall' every time he's been over 2 and a half miles - normally around 2 and a half miles.

Comment

Tiger Roll won a 4 miler. Ballycasey has hit 'the wall' every time he's been over 2 and a half miles - normally around 2 and a half miles.
        He didn’t last time out

Comment

• Ballycasey has to be one of the classiest horses to go cross country in recent years. Given that they only canter round for the first couple of circuits, I'd be wary of thinking he won't stay the trip.

14/1 is enough to tempt me. It wouldn't surprise me if he was less than half that price after tomorrow

Comment

He didn’t last time out
            Turned in and just kept on as Josies Orders sailed past and almost caught by Bless The Wings. If you really thought he was staying on strongly he's 7/2 to win over 3 miles in ideal conditions tomorrow. It should be his race for the taking if he's a contender for Cheltenham. Should win - but I wont be backing him.

Comment

Turned in and just kept on as Josies Orders sailed past and almost caught by Bless The Wings. If you really thought he was staying on strongly he's 7/2 to win over 3 miles in ideal conditions tomorrow. It should be his race for the taking if he's a contender for Cheltenham. Should win - but I wont be backing him.
              Was never ridden to win the race. Let’s leave this as agree to disagree cause otherwise we are just gonna hijack the thread.

Comment

Was never ridden to win the race. Let’s leave this as agree to disagree cause otherwise we are just gonna hijack the thread.
                Agreed. Good luck for the XCountry - and tomorrow if you back him

Comment

Agreed. Good luck for the XCountry - and tomorrow if you back him
                  Cheers pal, you too

Comment

He didn’t last time out
                    So, my main bet obvious......but i like Ballycasey for this too and backed him and topped up.....often go slow in these for mile at least and BC has the class, plus its a plot up

Cant rule out French horse either.....one of 3 wins for me.....and he's wearing Giggy colours
                    Fat Jockey Patron (est. Jan 2021)

Comment

• Originally posted by TigerRolllllll View Post
                      So, my main bet obvious......but i like Ballycasey for this too and backed him and topped up.....often go slow in these for mile at least and BC has the class, plus its a plot up

Cant rule out French horse either.....one of 3 wins for me.....and he's wearing Giggy colours
                      Which French horse do you like? Urgent De Gregaine?

He ran a great race in this last season but I can't see a reason for him turning round the form with Tiger Roll.

There were a couple of French runners in this last year, both were big prices in the lead up to the race and ran well. I wonder if we might get some more this season given how those two ran.

Comment

• Ballycasey is not enjoying it so far today. Been pushed and shoved the hole time

Comment

• ballycasey looked like he hated that....

Comment

• Originally posted by sprintersacren View Post
                            ballycasey looked like he hated that....
                            retirement beckons

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Who are we expecting to come 2nd to Bay OF Freedom then today?

Balleycasey fans hoping for a top 3 today? A win? Josies Orders sets a decent standard for this race today.

I only had Tiger Roll 7/1 in this race and have added Balleycasey at 14s e/w last week (still avail today)

Can't imagine me getting to involved other than that...
                              Wish I hadn't bothered.

That was rubbish.

Best chance is him being a non runner so I can have my money back

Comment

• Balleycasey was absolutely rubbish there. Terrible over the banks he jumped well at Cheltenham. Probably have to concede defeat on this one.

Comment

Working...
                                X