Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by quevega View Post
    a good bet isn't always a winning bet, and a winning bet isn't always a good bet.
    Absolutely.
    I spend my life having great cricket bets until some clown bowls 5 wides and series of length balls at the death ruining the unders.
    I still say one of the best bets I ever had in my life was Lord Noellie at 33/1 for the Gold Cup because I'd worked out the travel restrictions for French and Irish horses during the foot and mouth crisis, the rest is history....

Comment

Tiger Roll was my biggest winner last year
      However,not tempted by the price at this stage
      Reason is two fold
      Not sure who will be pitched into this division later in the season particularly as it has become a national prep race
      Secondly,Horses that win the Grand National have an abysmal record of upholding their form
      They rarely ever win another race

Comment

Originally posted by Liammet View Post
        Tiger Roll was my biggest winner last year
        However,not tempted by the price at this stage
        Reason is two fold
        Not sure who will be pitched into this division later in the season particularly as it has become a national prep race
        Secondly,Horses that win the Grand National have an abysmal record of upholding their form
        They rarely ever win another race
        Welcome back Liam. Thanks again for the pass on the Wednesday! What a day to be there!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Welcome back Liam. Thanks again for the pass on the Wednesday! What a day to be there!
          Thanks Kev,it was a brilliant day
          Hopefully can repeat it next March
          It is that time of the year with the big NH horses starting to come out that gets the juices flowing for the festival
          Heading over for Friday and Saturday of November meeting
          Any thoughts on the Betvictor gold cup ?
          Last edited by Liammet; 25 October 2018, 09:20 AM.

Comment

Anyone think minella Rocco could be routed here ?
            Always struck me as a national horse but not the most fluent jumper
            Also,not a nimble horse as suggested winner of this needs to be
            Has a touch of class that could be used to good effect here if ground is not too soft

Comment

Originally posted by Liammet View Post
              Anyone think minella Rocco could be routed here ?
              Always struck me as a national horse but not the most fluent jumper
              Also,not a nimble horse as suggested winner of this needs to be
              Has a touch of class that could be used to good effect here if ground is not too soft
              I don't remember reading about him at all yet... he'd certainly be one of the classier recruits. Not too long until we have some entries for the cross country race though and I'm sure they'll be a surprise or two!

Comment

I wont be going too mad , But i think the 5-1 with W.hills won't get any bigger . even if Tiger runs and 'loses' .
                Gordon Elliot has already said that this is the target , and to me downplaying the G.National.

Comment

Talking of horses coming out of left field for this, did anyone spot GE's comments about Ucello Conti:

"He’ll go hunter chasing and run in cross-country races. He should be a good, fun horse. It’s unbelievable that he has yet to win a race for us"

A few bookies have latched onto this and priced him - standout 10s with Hills. Personally I'd want a bit more than that at this stage but he would be a very interesting one. Clearly not a horse that's been easy to win with but has shown a liking for the National fences and you could really see him taking to this.
                  Last edited by Viking Flagship; 1 November 2018, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Flagship View Post
                    Talking of horses coming out of left field for this, did anyone spot GE's comments about Ucello Conti:

"He’ll go hunter chasing and run in cross-country races. He should be a good, fun horse. It’s unbelievable that he has yet to win a race for us"

A few bookies have latched onto this and priced him - standout 10s with Hills. Personally I'd want a bit more than that at this stage but he would be a very interesting one. Clearly not a horse that's been easy to win with but has shown a liking for the National fences and you could really see him taking to this.
                    Yep, just remembered to look on oddschecker. Love this horse for the National and think it's been unlucky last two years.
                    There's a big one in this horse somewhere along the way.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                      Yep, just remembered to look on oddschecker. Love this horse for the National and think it's been unlucky last two years.
                      There's a big one in this horse somewhere along the way.
                      I'm surprised there are any actualy Ucello Conti fans living..... I assumed they'd all died falling off THE CLIFF

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        I'm surprised there are any actualy Ucello Conti fans living..... I assumed they'd all died falling off THE CLIFF
                        One bet a season, and the views lovely.

Comment

Tiger Roll has an entry in the X Country on Friday, as does Bay of Freedom.

Are you traveling to Prestbury Park BOF?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            Tiger Roll has an entry in the X Country on Friday, as does Bay of Freedom.

Are you traveling to Prestbury Park BOF?
                            Good to see, although if history has taught us anything it's ignore what Elliot's do at Cheltenham XC trials. In fact, I hope he gets smashed, goes on the drift and then I can pile in again at significantly better than 5/1

Comment

Urgent de gregaine has had a pipe opener which is unusual for him, so I'd be expecting him to turn up, hed be hoping for a bit of cut though.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                Urgent de gregaine has had a pipe opener which is unusual for him, so I'd be expecting him to turn up, hed be hoping for a bit of cut though.
                                Do you know if they got much rain this week?

Comment

Working...
                                X