Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amazing Comedy will run again. No Uroquois.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eggs View Post
      ....Ballycasey in this is currently Mick Fitzgerald’s festival nap.
      Surely its a Henderson horse???

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
        Surely its a Henderson horse???
        ...nope, they did a mini-Festival Preview on ATR this afternoon and his best bet was Ballycasey. Kevin Blake went for a Paisley Park.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          If Balleycasey is really your nap of the week I'm not sure I can take your posts seriously haha
          Haha no I just meant for this race. Everyone knows I am heavily invested in TR but I 100% agree with the case he put forward

Comment

...nope, they did a mini-Festival Preview on ATR this afternoon and his best bet was Ballycasey. Kevin Blake went for a Paisley Park.
            Fitzgerald not picking a Henderson horse???

Comment

Entered in the Banks race at Punchestown on Sunday (as is Josie's Orders). However, may be scared off by at least one horse

Comment

• Who are we expecting to come 2nd to Bay OF Freedom then today?

Balleycasey fans hoping for a top 3 today? A win? Josies Orders sets a decent standard for this race today.

I only had Tiger Roll 7/1 in this race and have added Balleycasey at 14s e/w last week (still avail today)

Can't imagine me getting to involved other than that...

Comment

Who are we expecting to come 2nd to Bay OF Freedom then today?

Balleycasey fans hoping for a top 3 today? A win? Josies Orders sets a decent standard for this race today.

I only had Tiger Roll 7/1 in this race and have added Balleycasey at 14s e/w last week (still avail today)

Can't imagine me getting to involved other than that...
                  Josies orders wins even thought the trips too sharp and suits ballycasey . What ever bally Casey has you'll see the very best of it today over this trip. As he runs into a brick wall over further and dosent get home every single try.
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Josies orders wins even thought the trips too sharp and suits ballycasey . What ever bally Casey has you'll see the very best of it today over this trip. As he runs into a brick wall over further and dosent get home every single try.
                    Completely agree (for once!) non stayer up that hill all day long. If he is to have his day over banks, then tomorrow is that day. Cheltenham price based purely on Mullins doing a Tiger Roll and popping over for a practice. That doesn't make him Tiger Roll lads

Comment

• I still think they go such a crawl in the Cross Country race at the festvial that staying isn't as important as it is in any other chase of the literal distance would be.

Still A factor, but not as important.

Balleycasey is a 2.5 miler, no doubt - but I don't think that means stamina will get him beat in the Cross Country.

I still think Tiger Roll wins it, I just want a 2nd string at bigger than SP.

I agree with the last sentence Delsie, have made that point myself numerous times. (Caveat that I also made it about Tiger Roll not being Cause of Causes)

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
                        Completely agree (for once!) non stayer up that hill all day long. If he is to have his day over banks, then tomorrow is that day. Cheltenham price based purely on Mullins doing a Tiger Roll and popping over for a practice. That doesn't make him Tiger Roll lads
                        As someone who is heavily invested in Tiger Roll but also a backer of Ballycasey, I am under no illusion Ballycasey is no Tiger Roll, that is obvious. Last week Tiger Roll was 2/1 and Ballycasey was ten times that price at 20/1. Based on how he ran on trials day I would be confident off levels he can do one better and run into a place.

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          As someone who is heavily invested in Tiger Roll but also a backer of Ballycasey, I am under no illusion Ballycasey is no Tiger Roll, that is obvious. Last week Tiger Roll was 2/1 and Ballycasey was ten times that price at 20/1. Based on how he ran on trials day I would be confident off levels he can do one better and run into a place.
                          … in a horse box maybe

Comment

• Originally posted by delsie777 View Post
                            … in a horse box maybe
                            Do you think the Cross Country race is a test of stamina?

We aren't jsut looking for THE strongest stayer?

Last two winners have been very strong stayers but not sure that's the case all the way through?

Ultimately Tiger Roll wins but need something to discuss don't we

Comment

Last two winners have been very strong stayers but not sure that's the case all the way through?

If Willie targets a horse for something then you'd expect it to go close, barring accidents. Ballycasey is a real threat to Tiger and is value at the prices, will probably go off 5-1 on the day.
                              Will hinge on how he shapes tomorrow.

Comment

I think you need to stay 3 miles at a steady pace and then have a gear change for the last circuit. You also need to jump well, remain balanced and have tactical speed to adjust your position where necessary. Above all you need to maintain speed and stay on up that hill like a Tiger!

Comment

Working...
                                X