Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope they do, not a mission though! Laurina won't be going and i'd doubt Faugheen?

Comment

• Anyone any thoughts on the Henderson horse 'soul emotion' for the Stayers this year?

Comment

• Originally posted by Nwfb89 View Post
        Anyone any thoughts on the Henderson horse 'soul emotion' for the Stayers this year?
        Only that it's a good shout, not sure it's worthy of a 152 rating just yet, but NH doesn't seem to want to go chasing and thinks it'ss improve for further, so assuming he's seen the mark of 152 then I'd say this is the only race for it, so that's half the job done.
        Unless they don't fancy cheltenham at all that is.
        Looks like it's entered up at haydock 3 miler as well, so if it wins that off top weight or close to top weight then I'd say it shortens dramatically.
        Last edited by Quevega; 13 November 2018, 08:41 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
          Only that it's a good shout, not sure it's worthy of a 152 rating just yet, but NH doesn't seem to want to go chasing and thinks it'ss improve for further, so assuming he's seen the mark of 152 then I'd say this is the only race for it, so that's half the job done.
          Unless they don't fancy cheltenham at all that is.
          Looks like it's entered up at haydock 3 miler as well, so if it wins that off top weight or close to top weight then I'd say it shortens dramatically.
          I noticed it in the ante post market earlier best price 33s I think I'm gunna stick my next free bet on him I think, went back and watched his 2 runs at Sandown from last season and the second race I thought was pretty impressive all be it off a mark off 137 but I couldn't help but be impressed with it considering he was kept wide jumped left at most hurdles and won pretty comfortable in the end

Comment

• Originally posted by Nwfb89 View Post
            I noticed it in the ante post market earlier best price 33s I think I'm gunna stick my next free bet on him I think, went back and watched his 2 runs at Sandown from last season and the second race I thought was pretty impressive all be it off a mark off 137 but I couldn't help but be impressed with it considering he was kept wide jumped left at most hurdles and won pretty comfortable in the end
            Nice spot - gone into my tracker.

Probably needs to improve the same amount again for me to be really impressed but if a step up in trip brings out improvement then he may become a player.

PErhaps some strong market support for the race at HAydock would tempt me in before it happened.

Comment

• The bookies have pushed Faugheen out to a best priced 12/1 today after being beaten over 2 miles in the Morgiana. What did they expect him to do? Willie did say on ATR he expected him to perform better than that today and gave Tombstone's proximity to him with no hurdles down the back as an explaination.

Personally I thought he was too short before today for the Stayers Hurdle, and I don't think Faugheen is a candidate for an ante post bet with anyones 'hard-earned' - but 12/1 is much more like it, as on his best day, he has the beating on Penhill.

I bet that price will tempt somebody in though...? Has to be too big now?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                The bookies have pushed Faugheen out to a best priced 12/1 today after being beaten over 2 miles in the Morgiana. What did they expect him to do? Willie did say on ATR he expected him to perform better than that today and gave Tombstone's proximity to him with no hurdles down the back as an explaination.

Personally I thought he was too short before today for the Stayers Hurdle, and I don't think Faugheen is a candidate for an ante post bet with anyones 'hard-earned' - but 12/1 is much more like it, as on his best day, he has the beating on Penhill.

I bet that price will tempt somebody in though...? Has to be too big now?
                His best days are surely behind him so I don't think 12's it too big. If anything not big enough. If neither ran between now and Cheltenham Penhill @ 7's would carry my money vs Faugheen @ 12 and todays race did little to influence that opinion. Yes Faugheen beat Penhill at Punchestown but that was surely a bounce after his exploits in the stayers having been off for so long. At 7 going on 8 I'd have Penhill to beat an 11 year old Faugheen. I'm not saying I don't think Faugheen will be competitive over further because he will, I was just really impressed with Penhill and think he'll be campaigned lightly and make it 3/3 at the festival.

Comment

• The only thing I'd slightly disagree with, is the bounce. Mullins was pretty open about the fact Penhill would come on for the run at Cheltenham and be better at Punchestown, and without Faugheen he beat the rest of the field very easily.

I've made my case a few times earlier in these pages about Penhill so won't do it again - the only negative seems to be that he's won two slowly run races and therefore his stamina isn't assured (I know Kevin Blake has flirted with this idea) or maybe his 'flat speed' has won him his two races at the festival - but I'm happy enough to chance that at the price he is.

Comment

• Took the 25/1 if the cap fits with 365. You'd have you step him up in trip now surely. Ran a huge race but hed be outpaced in the CH.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      Took the 25/1 if the cap fits with 365. You'd have you step him up in trip now surely. Ran a huge race but hed be outpaced in the CH.
                      You were quicker than me only got 20s

Comment

• Doubt very much if he's good enough for either

Comment

• Either that or they switch to fences. I took 20 stayers, 25 went in seconds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            Took the 25/1 if the cap fits with 365. You'd have you step him up in trip now surely. Ran a huge race but hed be outpaced in the CH.
                            I’m on him from last season at 33s for the CH so I hope he takes his chance there.

Comment

• Originally posted by boopa View Post
                              Either that or they switch to fences. I took 20 stayers, 25 went in seconds.
                              They'll never switch this season. He's full of potential as a staying hurdler.

Comment

• Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
                                I’m on him from last season at 33s for the CH so I hope he takes his chance there.
                                That would be a shock. He's just been out paced by rayvin black and old guard. , but was a lovely run for a staying prospect.

Comment

Working...
                                X