Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by archie View Post
    16/1 any race still available with Hills and boosted to 17.52/1.
    I'm surprised it's still that high really. I think when you look at his form lines there's a lot of good things in there. I think the big issue with DW is placement, I would think he certainly needs 3 miles! Everytime I look at it the RSA just looks red hot this year, hopefully it could be a cracker come March!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Entry on Sunday in a 3m Listed Novice Hurdle @ Cork. Gigginstown have 4 entered but this one is Elliotts only entry.

Surprised they will be starting life off in a 3m listed race but he has experience from 2 hurdle runs in France already so likely not a problem, and Cracking Smart won the same race last season, for same connections.
      Kennedy jocked up. Looks a tasty little race as a starting point, so they must think high enough of him, although a few defeats and he could end up with a nice handicap mark too!

Comment

I took the boosted 22 today’s pre race

Comment

Delta Work was impressive for me. Jumped well in the main and adjusted naturally when he wasn't right at a fence. Won a touch cosily over a distance well short of his best.
          Originally posted by Middle_Of_March View Post
          I agree 100%
          Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Agree Archie. Not a bad start over fences from him at all.
          Originally posted by archie View Post
          Originally posted by Native River View Post
          I'm surprised it's still that high really. I think when you look at his form lines there's a lot of good things in there. I think the big issue with DW is placement, I would think he certainly needs 3 miles! Everytime I look at it the RSA just looks red hot this year, hopefully it could be a cracker come March!
          Did I watch a different race to you guys? I would be horrified if he was cut based on that debut.

What did we learn today? He can jump a fence (okay fair enough big tick but he is a Gigginstown Chaser that they'vve always said would be a chaser...)

Other than that, we saw him beat inferior horses over a trip too short in 'workmanlike' style at odds on?

Having backed him pre-race anyway, I don't feel any better or worse than I did before the race... all the points made about why he'll have a good chance in March are all valid...but they were valid before his debut.

Unless you were worried he couldn't jump, that was just an okay debut - I think he'll come on LOADS from that, and my God he will need to, to be winning a race at Cheltenham.
          Last edited by Kevloaf; 2 November 2018, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Delta Work was impressive for me. Jumped well in the main and adjusted naturally when he wasn't right at a fence. Won a touch cosily over a distance well short of his best.
            I agree with this too , when Gordon Elliott has said , Delta work needs to be kept busy over the winter,
            To win first time out over a shorter than ideal trip is ok by me.

Comment

• I think we all need to remember ., it was a Beginner's chase , and Whatever race these horses end up in ,
              It's the second week of March where it count's .

Comment

• Does anyone have any ideas why Bryan Cooper would be riding the favourite of three Gordon Elliott horses when Giggingstown don't have a runner and both Jack and Davy are available?

My Triumph Hurdle pick, Coeur Sublime, runs today in the first at Down Royal. He's owned by Chris Jones but as far as I'm aware, Bryan Cooper is not retained by him. Both Davy and Jack are riding other Elliot horses in the race but Coeur Sublime is the favourite. I'm confused and a little worried at the same time

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                  Does anyone have any ideas why Bryan Cooper would be riding the favourite of three Gordon Elliott horses when Giggingstown don't have a runner and both Jack and Davy are available?

My Triumph Hurdle pick, Coeur Sublime, runs today in the first at Down Royal. He's owned by Chris Jones but as far as I'm aware, Bryan Cooper is not retained by him. Both Davy and Jack are riding other Elliot horses in the race but Coeur Sublime is the favourite. I'm confused and a little worried at the same time
                  Funny one that. No idea
                  Only thing I could think of is he wants the other two to be ridden in a specific way !

Comment

• Just placed

Claimantakinforgan - JLT
                    Monalee - Ryanair
                    Draconien - Arkle
                    Presenting percy - GC

Comment

• Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                      Does anyone have any ideas why Bryan Cooper would be riding the favourite of three Gordon Elliott horses when Giggingstown don't have a runner and both Jack and Davy are available?

If Russell and Kennedy are going to be on "the majority" of Gigginstown runners, perhaps Elliott is trying to get Cooper to stay with him for a good number of rides this year. Cooper seems to be getting back on track, and he'll have plenty of winners. He's a really good jockey still, so maybe he'll bounce back this year and it'll be the start of a new chapter for him?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        If Russell and Kennedy are going to be on "the majority" of Gigginstown runners, perhaps Elliott is trying to get Cooper to stay with him for a good number of rides this year. Cooper seems to be getting back on track, and he'll have plenty of winners. He's a really good jockey still, so maybe he'll bounce back this year and it'll be the start of a new chapter for him?
                        I’ll cling to that for now

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Did I watch a different race to you guys? I would be horrified if he was cut based on that debut.

What did we learn today? He can jump a fence (okay fair enough big tick but he is a Gigginstown Chaser that they'vve always said would be a chaser...)

Other than that, we saw him beat inferior horses over a trip too short in 'workmanlike' style at odds on?

Having backed him pre-race anyway, I don't feel any better or worse than I did before the race... all the points made about why he'll have a good chance in March are all valid...but they were valid before his debut.

Unless you were worried he couldn't jump, that was just an okay debut - I think he'll come on LOADS from that, and my God he will need to, to be winning a race at Cheltenham.
                          I can't speak for the others but jumping style is all I really care about in a beginners chase. Cheltenham races are almost always won by low, economic jumpers rather than high, careful types. The latter waste too much time in the air which over a race equates to more lengths than I like. It's why I was so against Finians Oscar this time last year. Sure, the low jumpers sometimes come a cropper (eg UDS) but that's the risk you take.
                          Delta Work was really efficient over his fences. Far more than, say, Blow By Blow and it will take a good one to lower his colours over 3 miles.

Comment

I can't speak for the others but jumping style is all I really care about in a beginners chase. Cheltenham races are almost always won by low, economic jumpers rather than high, careful types. The latter waste too much time in the air which over a race equates to more lengths than I like. It's why I was so against Finians Oscar this time last year. Sure, the low jumpers sometimes come a cropper (eg UDS) but that's the risk you take.
                            Delta Work was really efficient over his fences. Far more than, say, Blow By Blow and it will take a good one to lower his colours over 3 miles.
                            fair comment archie , if you get a chance rewatch monalees race today. just watch Snow Falcon how fast , low and economical he was. Not sure if he had problems in past , certainly no cheltenham form but thats two impressive wins on the bounce now , something he rarely achieved previously.

Comment

• Coeur Sublime ... given any chance for a race at Chelt ?

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                                Kennedy jocked up. Looks a tasty little race as a starting point, so they must think high enough of him, although a few defeats and he could end up with a nice handicap mark too!
                                Not without hope for this one still.

Obviously he fell, but for a first run over here I don't think he ran a bad race.

The winner won nicely, and looks a solid Albert Bartlett prospect.

I suspect Elliott and Co. will work on Elwood's rating so he can appear in either the Martin Pipe or possibly the Coral Cup as don't think he is a 3m horse myself.

Comment

Working...
                                X