Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haha...fair point as I appreciate it doesn't take much to move a price, but as an indicator we could just say been cut across the board by all leading bookmakers. For reference:

Kalshnikov 14s into 8s
    Santnini 12 into 8s
    Samcro 8s into 4s

Comment

• One £2m bet a week

No.1

Lalor @ 34.00 Arkle
      Hollowgraphic @ 34.00 BM
      Sam Spinner @ 21.00 ST
      Kemboy @ 51.00 GC
      Santini @ 8.00 RSA
      Lucky 31, 31 bets * £0.50 E/W £2mill

Comment

• Bookies have the backbone of a slug (plus many other characteristics). Those cuts are probably just a few hundred based on trainer comments. I'd have thought Betfair turnover might be a better indicator.

Comment

• The Forum's Buzzing today !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
            Bookies have the backbone of a slug (plus many other characteristics). Those cuts are probably just a few hundred based on trainer comments. I'd have thought Betfair turnover might be a better indicator.
            Fair points Archie. I know there has been money queuing up on Betfair at the biggest highstreet bookie price available for both Kalshnikov and Santini since their initial price cut.

The Kalshnikov Arkle price in particular dropped very quickly over a couple of days, which makes me think that one was more than just trainer comments as at that stage nothing was made public about what Kalashnikov's likely destination might be.

Comment

• Melon is a shorter price on Betfair for the Arkle than he is for the Champion Hurdle now...

9/1 for the Arkle with PP (12s available elsewhere) and PP have him 8/1 (joint top price with loads) for the CH.

That interest anyone? Melon going chasing would be a BIG dent in the Kalashnikov bandwagon

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Melon is a shorter price on Betfair for the Arkle than he is for the Champion Hurdle now...

9/1 for the Arkle with PP (12s available elsewhere) and PP have him 8/1 (joint top price with loads) for the CH.

That interest anyone? Melon going chasing would be a BIG dent in the Kalashnikov bandwagon
                The only horse and market I check daily. Dosent look like he's going novice chasing yet to me. I think that lay was a mistake and meant to be on the back side.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  The only horse and market I check daily. Dosent look like he's going novice chasing yet to me. I think that lay was a mistake and meant to be on the back side.
                  I haven't looked but has there always been a bigger price to back Melon CH than Arkle?

I'm ready to get all jiggy with a Melon.

Comment

I haven't looked but has there always been a bigger price to back Melon CH than Arkle?

I'm ready to get all jiggy with a Melon.
                    Yes he was cut by powers to 9s about 2 weeks ago. But not pushed out at all for the champion. Id have wanted to see him pushed out for me to take the risk. He's the one I want in the arkle, It looks possible but it also dosent make too much sense with how close he went in the champion and he's not the finished article.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      Yes he was cut by powers to 9s about 2 weeks ago. But not pushed out at all for the champion. Id have wanted to see him pushed out for me to take the risk. He's the one I want in the arkle, It looks possible but it also dosent make too much sense with how close he went in the champion and he's not the finished article.
                      Yeah absolutely. Melon looks quite clearly the best Mullins (and more importantly Ruby ride) for the CH at this stage... so if they start backing Laurina I think that "free's up" Melon. I'd have a related double on them as soon as it looked like he was going chasing.

Comment

• Could add Benie Des Deux for a 'domino' treble as I like to call them. Seriously though can there not only be two options for these 3 horses:

Option 1. BBD (Mares); Laurina (CH); Melon (Arkle) - 539/1 BFSB
                        Option 2. Laurina (Mares); Melon (CH); BBD (Ryanair) - 611/1 Coral

Option 1 leaves Willie with no obvious horse for the CH and option 2 the same for the Arkle. Any value in either treble?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                          Could add Benie Des Deux for a 'domino' treble as I like to call them. Seriously though can there not only be two options for these 3 horses:

Option 1. BBD (Mares); Laurina (CH); Melon (Arkle) - 539/1 BFSB
                          Option 2. Laurina (Mares); Melon (CH); BBD (Ryanair) - 611/1 Coral

Option 1 leaves Willie with no obvious horse for the CH and option 2 the same for the Arkle. Any value in either treble?
                          You'd need to have a possible BDD to the Gold Cup albeit unlikely...

THe problem is injury .... one of them gets injured, and Laurina could go from CH target to Mares?

I also give Melon no chance in the CH so would put me off that one

I do however have a yankee on Annamix (supreme), Laurina (Mares), BDD (Ryanair) and Presenting Percy which was placed on 16th of March, which was Gold Cup day this year ... so I clearly like parts of option 2
                          Last edited by Kevloaf; 15 October 2018, 10:04 PM.

Comment

• Well if one of them gets injured your treble is down anyway. I agree option 1 is more attractive but seems to be plenty of talk of BDD going chasing, could obviously come back for the Mares but just about enough to put me off a speculative punt at the moment

Comment

Melon is a shorter price on Betfair for the Arkle than he is for the Champion Hurdle now...

It’s an interesting market comparison, I actually had a response written out about how Melon at 8/1 behind Samcro and BDA for the CH is really quite skinny and suggests he’s staying over hurdles.

However I’ve looked back and this time last year I was backing Petit Mouchir at 12/1 and we knew he was chasing and in a similar position as one of the favourites.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                                Well if one of them gets injured your treble is down anyway. I agree option 1 is more attractive but seems to be plenty of talk of BDD going chasing, could obviously come back for the Mares but just about enough to be off a speculative punt at the moment
                                Good point I am almost always a trixie man over a treble though!

I imagine you didn't see my edited post before you replied.... I sort of have already done option 2, I just don't see any situation where Melon reverses form with BVD and especially now Samcro may run...

Comment

Working...
                                X