Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any news yet on where Laurina is headed next year?

Comment

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
      Any news yet on where Laurina is headed next year?
      No. I don't expect we will until around September.

We didn't hear about the plans for Yorkhill until much November and I highly doubt a decision has been made yet.

Comment

• Cheers; was just wondering whether to speculate and chuck a few quid on her for the Arkle

Comment

• I would assume her & Melon would be split up? one goes chasing, other champion hurdle bid?

Comment

• Melon and Laurina have different owners so tricky one to call

Comment

• Does anyone follow Gary Nuttings antepost bets on ATR? He seems to bang in a few winners at good prices? Last saturday he had 2 bets up. I did the 14/1 bet that lost and the other bet (16/1) wins for him !!!

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
                Does anyone follow Gary Nuttings antepost bets on ATR? He seems to bang in a few winners at good prices? Last saturday he had 2 bets up. I did the 14/1 bet that lost and the other bet (16/1) wins for him !!!
                I did some analysis on his Cheltenham ante post record and he was down for the last two years HOWEVER... I do read his columns and believe he's profitable to follow in the long term. (I do know he does a paid tipping line though) so the 'free' one on ATR worries me slightly

Comment

• Does anybody have a burning desire to start the Gold Cup, Champion Hurdle or Champion Chase 2019 threads? I've already done the Stayers Hurdle one and I'm happy to do the others over the next couple of weeks but the floor is open for anybody else who wants to do a bit of a preview....

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    Does anybody have a burning desire to start the Gold Cup, Champion Hurdle or Champion Chase 2019 threads? I've already done the Stayers Hurdle one and I'm happy to do the others over the next couple of weeks but the floor is open for anybody else who wants to do a bit of a preview....
                    Go on then Kev, I’ll have a stab at starting a Champion Hurdle thread this week, big shoes to fill though!

Comment

• Not sure if it’s been mentioned yet but it’s the first time I saw it

Sandro and Presenting Percey any race 14/1 skybet

Comment

• Had my free bet come back the other day from Skybet from Spain being knocked out the world cup, decided to get it on Samcro, Laurina & Footpad any race 28/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Native River View Post
                          Had my free bet come back the other day from Skybet from Spain being knocked out the world cup, decided to get it on Samcro, Laurina & Footpad any race 28/1
                          What race are you expecting Footpad to target NR ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Native River View Post
                            Had my free bet come back the other day from Skybet from Spain being knocked out the world cup, decided to get it on Samcro, Laurina & Footpad any race 28/1
                            I’ve seen a few people put Footpad in these bets. Seems one to avoid for me as his four possible targets are:
                            1) Champion Chase
                            2) Ryanair
                            3) Gold Cup
                            4) Champion Hurdle

If he goes for the Champion Chase, which is surely the most likely target, he would be taking on the brilliant Altior. Quite frankly, Footpad wouldn’t finish within five lengths of Altior. You’d need Altior to miss the race for Footpad to win that.

If he goes Ryanair, he’s likely to be involved in one of the best Ryanair’s of the modern era. Even with 8 months to go, it looks like being an absolute corker of a race. I’d have him at about 7/1 at this stage for that if I was a bookie.

If he goes Gold Cup, which is apparently a real possibility, he’s taking on Might Bite on ground better than heavy (you’d expect) which makes MB a high class stayer. And he’d be taking on Presenting Percy who could really be anything. Plus his best asset of being a superb jumper at fast speeds would be gone in a staying test. I’d have him at double figures for the race at this stage.

If he goes back to hurdles in that very weak division (though it’s unlikely that he would), he’d lose his main strength of jumping fences. So again that’s very very unlikely.

For those reasons, i couldn’t have footpad with counterfeit for these any race bets. He just isn’t value imo.

Comment

• It wouldn't surprise me to see Altior step up in trip this season. Took quite a while to get going at both Cheltenham and Sandown and you don't get any quicker as you get older.

Comment

• Originally posted by archie View Post
                                It wouldn't surprise me to see Altior step up in trip this season. Took quite a while to get going at both Cheltenham and Sandown and you don't get any quicker as you get older.
                                Was thinking the same way.Altior will be a 9yo next year so will he have the fight over 2m against Footpad?
                                And Footpads winning time at Cheltenham was almost 5secs quicker than Alitors winning time.

Comment

Working...
                                X