Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham 2019 Ante-Post bets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've had a few small bets.......

Felix Desjy - win single Supreme
    Samcro - win single Arkle
    Buveur D'Air - win single Champion Hurdle
    Some doubles and a treble

Apples Jade and Laurina - added into a few doubles and trebles

Blackbow - win single Ballymore
    Santini & Next Destination - both win singles
    Altior - added to doubles and trebles

Shattered Love - win single RyanAir
    Footpad - win single RyanAir

Presenting Percy - win Gold Cup

Comment

• mostly £1 and £2 win doubles and trebles with a few £10 win singles

Comment

• Free bets going on a combination of:

Buveur D'Air - Champion Hurdle
        Penhill - Stayers
        Presenting Percy - Gold Cup
        Laurina - Mares

Mixed up a couple of each way doubles and trebles...

Comment

• Originally posted by somer1 View Post
          Just throwing one out there but what do we think of Bellshill as a gold cup horse?
          I like it. Have him at 90's which I am very happy with

Comment

• Followed paddy in and backed MIN for the melling chase at 12/1 . Obviously risks attached but I follow my own system.

We all know that altior/ top notch/ balko des flos and douvan don't run.

I DO NOT KNOW THAT MIN RUNS HERE. But pp/bf is my guide. And im happy to take the risk.
            Last edited by Scooby91; 6 April 2018, 03:50 PM.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Followed paddy in and backed MIN for the melling chase at 12/1 . Obviously risks attached but I follow my own system.

I DO NOT KNOW THAT MIN RUNS HERE. But pp/bf is my guide. And im happy to take the risk.
              And more likely if Altior isn't running.

I think they'll keep Min in Ireland but 12/1 is worth a poke

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                And more likely if Altior isn't running.

I think they'll keep Min in Ireland but 12/1 is worth a poke
                Iv gone pretty heavy on min.

They've got great field/ uds/ douvan/ min to split up. And he'd still have the option of running in both.
                Complete punt on PP cutting him from 12s to 4/1 and pushing out the rest of the mullins batallion. The race is so easy to win he'd be evens at best if he does run. And That is an if.

Runners IMO

cloudy dream
                MIN
                God's own
                Frodon
                Lami serge
                Sub lieutenant
                Charbel ?
                Last edited by Scooby91; 6 April 2018, 08:35 PM.

Comment

• Fat Jockey Farewells

A genie in a bottle found dead in the stable. RIP. Mentioned it before but a 'hall of fame' here would be good I think

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                    A genie in a bottle found dead in the stable. RIP. Mentioned it before but a 'hall of fame' here would be good I think
                    Hi

I've created the thread now.

Comment

Iv gone pretty heavy on min.

They've got great field/ uds/ douvan/ min to split up. And he'd still have the option of running in both.
                      Complete punt on PP cutting him from 12s to 4/1 and pushing out the rest of the mullins batallion. The race is so easy to win he'd be evens at best if he does run. And That is an if.

Runners IMO

cloudy dream
                      MIN
                      God's own
                      Frodon
                      Lami serge
                      Sub lieutenant
                      Charbel ?
                      MIN the only mullins horse amongst the 13 confirmations for the melling chase

Comment

MIN the only mullins horse amongst the 13 confirmations for the melling chase
                        Share your tips for the Aintree Grand National Meeting Forum with threads on all big races over the three days including Grand National, Aintree Hurdle, Melling Chase, Betfred Bowl, Sefton Hurdle etc.

Best in there mate.

Comment

Followed paddy in and backed MIN for the melling chase at 12/1 . Obviously risks attached but I follow my own system.

MIN now 11/8 fav

Comment

• If he runs, you’ve absolutely nailed this lads.

Cracking stuff. Unfortunately I didn’t see this but I wish you all luck.

Comment

• I'm inclined at the very least to wait until the National has been run but with the sad news of Cause of Causes retirement today, i'm slightly drawn towards the SkyBet special of

Tiger Roll to win the Cross Country 2019 - 7/1

Which hasn't and may get overlooked on the back of that news. No firm looks to have the race up yet, but I doubt you'll be getting that price by many, especially not with no CoC in there.

The winning distance wasn't as far as CoC in 2017 but he was just as impressive through the race - always in control at the end and they were 11 lengths away from the third.

He would be 9 years old next festival, currently off 150. The Ultima or even Gold Cup could be possibilities but i'd still say it's very very likely he comes back for the same race.

3 times festival winner, reigning champion...
                              Deja vu...?

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post
                                I'm inclined at the very least to wait until the National has been run but with the sad news of Cause of Causes retirement today, i'm slightly drawn towards the SkyBet special of

Tiger Roll to win the Cross Country 2019 - 7/1

Which hasn't and may get overlooked on the back of that news. No firm looks to have the race up yet, but I doubt you'll be getting that price by many, especially not with no CoC in there.

The winning distance wasn't as far as CoC in 2017 but he was just as impressive through the race - always in control at the end and they were 11 lengths away from the third.

He would be 9 years old next festival, currently off 150. The Ultima or even Gold Cup could be possibilities but i'd still say it's very very likely he comes back for the same race.

3 times festival winner, reigning champion...
                                Deja vu...?
                                Two reasons I hadn't backed this so far...

1. Cause of Causes on better ground
                                2. CoC was 10/1 and (mainly 9/1) ... however that doesn't/shouldn't really affect whether TR is value

After the national I'll have a look at it again. No real rush IMO - although point 1 is not relevant so I perhaps should.
                                Last edited by Kevloaf; 9 April 2018, 09:01 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X