Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Grand Annual 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ziggym View Post
    Where did u get this info from?
    Hes 40th on the list ziggy in a max field of 24. Sure it will be fine but thought he might be higher up that's all.

Comment

Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      Hes 40th on the list ziggy in a max field of 24. Sure it will be fine but thought he might be higher up that's all.
      Agreed, doesn't seems great, but a few to come out. Cant see Gigginstown having 7 in. Normally come in with a maximum 2. We can only hope.

Comment

Does anyone rate the chances of Powersbombs 25/1 (33/1 Best Price) in this race?

The Novice Handicap Chase on Day One of last year's festival is looking a hot race and when you look at the horses who finished in the top 5 that day...

1st Tully East (138) Now 148
        2nd Gold Present (137) Now 155
        3rd Two Taffs (137) Now 149
        4th Powersbomb (138) Now 137
        5th Last Goodbye (140) Now 149

On that basis running off 137 looks very attractive. He travelled and made good progress in that race to lead 2 out. Going back to 2 miles (his other 5 runs over fences ranged between 16-18F) should suit the horse.

Powersbomb holds two entries - in this race and in the County however he has no chance getting into the County with his hurdles mark.

There are a few negatives though:

- Yet to be seen since August and that was on the flat. His last run over fences was at the Punchestown Festival in April.
        - Jumping - he is far from a fluent jumper and tends to make a few mistakes in most of his races (made a couple of mistakes in the above race).

The breakneck speed they go in this race, along with the fact he hasn't had a run for so long is surely not ideal.

Off 137 he should sneak into the bottom of the weights here if he were to lineup.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
          Does anyone rate the chances of Powersbombs 25/1 (33/1 Best Price) in this race?

The Novice Handicap Chase on Day One of last year's festival is looking a hot race and when you look at the horses who finished in the top 5 that day...

1st Tully East (138) Now 148
          2nd Gold Present (137) Now 155
          3rd Two Taffs (137) Now 149
          4th Powersbomb (138) Now 137
          5th Last Goodbye (140) Now 149

On that basis running off 137 looks very attractive. He travelled and made good progress in that race to lead 2 out. Going back to 2 miles (his other 5 runs over fences ranged between 16-18F) should suit the horse.

Powersbomb holds two entries - in this race and in the County however he has no chance getting into the County with his hurdles mark.

There are a few negatives though:

- Yet to be seen since August and that was on the flat. His last run over fences was at the Punchestown Festival in April.
          - Jumping - he is far from a fluent jumper and tends to make a few mistakes in most of his races (made a couple of mistakes in the above race).

The breakneck speed they go in this race, along with the fact he hasn't had a run for so long is surely not ideal.

Off 137 he should sneak into the bottom of the weights here if he were to lineup.
          I really want to see the jockey booking for him. Codd rode last year. I want a decent pilot because of the jumping. I watched the race back today and he made a few errrrors and didn't meet the last right... he plugged on for 4th.

The way he moved around the outside to lead was VERY taking.

If I knew he'd get a clean round of jumping at the "likely" faster pace of the Grand Annual I would give him a big chance... I doubt there has been any comments on the likely jockey though

Comment

Not a whole lot of love for Powersbomb jono

I've got another I don't think people will be interested in....

Valdez He's only 25/1 best price...which isn't huge - and only ran once in 3 years... 17L behind Altior last time out!

He was only beaten 6L in "Champange Fever's" Arkle, and only 1L behind Didging Bullets who ended up being a Champion Chaser...

The fact they've carried on with him is somewhat interesting... he must retain some ability?

He is also 11, which I haven't checked but can't imagine is a positive...

I haven't backed him, but King says he goes here and I will see if he drifts to a big price when the market forms...

Comment

Just seen your post Jono (not sure how I missed it)

Powersbomb is my only bet in the race so far for reasons you give. The form of the Novice Handicap worked out really well and he was an eye catcher in that race.

I don't know why he hasn't ran this year but he does need good ground so that may explain it.

Comment

I backed Vanituex 33s, theinval 16s and Ozzie The Oscar 40's for this when they went NRNB,
                the chances of the other two are clearly obvious given the prices now.
                but Ozzie the Oscar is interesting although I don;t expect a gamble on it by any means.
                I also have no idea if this is the likely target, but it's form looks every inch like he wants good ground. If we start the festival on softer ground than normal which is a possibility this year, then he may well come here as the ground is potentially gonna get better as the week progresses (total guesswork really)
                His novice chases were pretty good form and he jumped well enough,considering he was always likely to be aimed at handicaps.
                Nearly won county last year, so big field handicap form at festival is a tick in the box.
                Hobbs not had best of times, but he may well have some well handicapped horses and this horse has been given three months break.
                If anyone has any idea of his potential target then I reckon he'll be of some interest and some value wherever he goes.
                in this
                close bros
                county
                m pipe

Comment

You have convinced me jono.

Had only backed Thienval up to now,

Comment

Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                    You have convinced me jono.

Had only backed Thienval up to now,
                    If I wasn't already on... seeing FM, jono and OV all back a horse is enough to make anyone take note

I did read he was going to have a spin on the all weather but not able to find out if that actually happened or not!

Comment

Glad I took 10/1 on Theinval earlier as Henderson just massively shortened his odds I think..

Comment

Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                        Glad I took 10/1 on Theinval earlier as Henderson just massively shortened his odds I think..
                        What did he say, mate?

I got Theinval at 25s, then again at 16s. VERY influential to my festival if he wins.

Comment

Originally posted by TCH29 View Post
                          What did he say, mate?

I got Theinval at 25s, then again at 16s. VERY influential to my festival if he wins.
                          Asked how Theinval is, Hend said in very good form and training really well, Jess said will he will then (she has 2 in the race) he said yes he will without even thinking about it.. Don't think you can get better than that as a quote..

Comment

Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                            Asked how Theinval is, Hend said in very good form and training really well, Jess said will he will then (she has 2 in the race) he said yes he will without even thinking about it.. Don't think you can get better than that as a quote..
                            What was the quote exactly, Hendo was asked will Theinval win, and he says

"yes he will"?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              What was the quote exactly, Hendo was asked will Theinval win, and he says

"yes he will"?
                              No. Jh replied yes he will get into the race at the weights
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                No. Jh replied yes he will get into the race at the weights
                                That quote sounds much more realistic.

Comment

Working...
                                X