Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Grand Annual 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    No. Jh replied yes he will get into the race at the weights
    Sorry my bad, only caught part of it.. need to get my ears tested, will he Getin Will he Win lol

Comment

Be interesting if the ground doesn't dry out because all the gambles in this look like good ground horses.

Comment

North Hill Harvey backed across the boards. Presumably, that is on the basis of that really promising run at Warwick last time and the fact they don't think he is good enough to even run in the Arkle? At Warwick he couldn't cope with one horse going quickly let alone 20.

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
          North Hill Harvey backed across the boards. Presumably, that is on the basis of that really promising run at Warwick last time and the fact they don't think he is good enough to even run in the Arkle? At Warwick he couldn't cope with one horse going quickly let alone 20.
          most bizarre gamble I've seen for a bit

Comment

Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
            It'll be based on his excellent Cheltenham record I'd say... and this race in winnable, no shame in not thinking you can beat Footpad?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              It'll be based on his excellent Cheltenham record I'd say... and this race in winnable, no shame in not thinking you can beat Footpad?
              more likely people reinvesting their NR money back blindly without really weighing up it's chances in a different race.
              people fall in love

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                more likely people reinvesting their NR money back blindly without really weighing up it's chances in a different race.
                people fall in love
                I made a case and backed him a couple of weeks back. I liked his chances.

Has beaten Modus at Cheltenham who is competing in the JLT
                He has a neck beating of SCeau Royal who was a lively player in the Arkle.

Disappointing last time out, I'd have liked better ground.... but I don't think it is a ridiculous tip by any stretch based on his Cheltenham form

Comment

I've backed NHH for the GA - unfortunately I didn't get the chance to reinvest my money as I backed him for the Arkle in November. His course form is brilliant and I do like a novice in this race.

To my eye, he is a fairly obvious pick in this.

Comment

I made a case and backed him a couple of weeks back. I liked his chances.

Has beaten Modus at Cheltenham who is competing in the JLT
                    He has a neck beating of SCeau Royal who was a lively player in the Arkle.

Disappointing last time out, I'd have liked better ground.... but I don't think it is a ridiculous tip by any stretch based on his Cheltenham form
                    Yep, No major problem with him having a chance in this, although he's probably got a high enough mark for a novice in this, given the overall form of his races, granted the best appear to be at Chelt.
                    But he's no 10 0r 12s shot in a field like this. Novices who have done or ran well in this have generally been very well handicapped 140 or lower.
                    20-1 would be more like it.
                    pretty sure the money today was people shoving it over
                    For him to win off 149 he would have to be almost arkle placing level at least.
                    so i think it's a strange decision

Comment

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Our ambassador <a href="https://twitter.com/DSkeltonRacing?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@DSkeltonRacin g</a> says: “No intention to misinform but after talking to one of his owners at length it is decided North Hill Harvey will run in the grand annual. The Arkle is Red hot.&quot; �� <a href="https://t.co/OLg95BwaPl">pic.twitter.com/OLg95BwaPl</a></p>&mdash; Ladbrokes (@Ladbrokes) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ladbrokes/status/972796843192143874?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 11, 2018</a></blockquote>
                      <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Don't blame them to be honest and to me holds a very strong chance in this race.

Comment

Originally posted by quevega View Post
                        Yep, No major problem with him having a chance in this, although he's probably got a high enough mark for a novice in this, given the overall form of his races, granted the best appear to be at Chelt.
                        But he's no 10 0r 12s shot in a field like this. Novices who have done or ran well in this have generally been very well handicapped 140 or lower.
                        20-1 would be more like it.
                        pretty sure the money today was people shoving it over
                        For him to win off 149 he would have to be almost arkle placing level at least.
                        so i think it's a strange decision
                        To be fair, I am on at 20s and did think he had a good chance of placing in the Arkle at a few stages during the season.

I didn't realise he was quite as short as he is, and I wouldn't argue he's well handicapped but I do think he has a chance, which you did say too.

Comment

NHH will probably get quite a bit shorter, I think he'll go off favourite. Most of those ahead of him in the betting are good ground horses.

Comment

Not a whole lot of love for Powersbomb jono

I've got another I don't think people will be interested in....

Valdez [B]He's only 25/1 best price...which isn't huge - and only ran once in 3 years... 17L behind Altior last time out!

He was only beaten 6L in "Champange Fever's" Arkle, and only 1L behind Didging Bullets who ended up being a Champion Chaser...

The fact they've carried on with him is somewhat interesting... he must retain some ability?

He is also 11, which I haven't checked but can't imagine is a positive...

I haven't backed him, but King says he goes here and I will see if he drifts to a big price when the market forms.../B]
                            Really keen on Valdez now Kev. His age would be of irrelevance to me given his lack of racing in recent years, and also for his age is still relatively lightly raced, just 17 runs in 7 years to be exact.

He could well be chucked in on old form and his run LTO was certainly no bad run taking into account the 1204 days off the track.

Alan King has struggled this festival and also been unlucky in fairness, but he is a trainer who can get one handicapped well too, and it would be some story for Valdez to come back and win this race.

His Cheltenham form is not as bad as the placings sounds, 2 hurdles run finishing 7th & 2nd but only beaten 9 1/2 lengths & 1 1/2 lengths respectively, as you also stated he only finished 6 3/4 lengths behind the winner in the 2014 running of the Arkle, so he is certainly solid at the track if nothing else.

20/1 currently, although it's a price I am happy to take he is one I am willing to wait until tomorrow to back as I am sure there will be many gambles for the final day and final race of the festival but definitely one I am adding to my book.

Comment

Theinval at 12/1 for me. Fancied him for this all year.

But the ground is going against him somewhat so I’ve added Bouvreull in as well at 12s

Comment

Top man sir betalot you deserve that. I was genuinely cheering him on.
                                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Working...
                                X