Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Coral Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keep an eye on djingle for Paul nicholls. For this or martin pipe if he can get in.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
      Had Fixe Le Kap added with Hills at 33/1. Plan is to go back hurdling with Coral Cup as the aim, according to Mark Howard's latest update. Has always looked as though a step up in trip would suit, has some smart form, and off a nice mark at 142
      Where was the update?

I'd be interested for sure, his run behind London Prize was smart enough, given he was never able to actually challenge that day, and always looked to be needing a distance. Is the 33/1 NRNB?

Comment

It’s an email update he sends out to subscribers

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Where was the update?

I'd be interested for sure, his run behind London Prize was smart enough, given he was never able to actually challenge that day, and always looked to be needing a distance. Is the 33/1 NRNB?
          It was an email update. Said the following:

"Sent off 1/5 favourite for his chasing debut at Plumpton in mid December, he jumped slickly during the early stages and looked a natural. However, the whole complexion of the race changed on the final circuit and the Imperial Cup runner-up was ridden along after the third last and raced lazily thereafter. Headed at the last, he had no answer to Not Another Muddle on the run-in and was comfortably beaten by Gary Moore’s charge. Speaking to Anthony Bromley (racing manager for his owners) last week, a decision has been made to revert back to hurdles with a view to aiming him at the Coral Cup at the Festival. Rated 143 and still unexposed over two and a half miles, he is capable of making an impact if back to his best"

Hills are NRNB but only money back if horse not competing at festival. As we can assume this is Fixe Le Kap's aim it's fairly risk free

Comment

Im sure Fixe Le Kap is a Novice which would make him ineligible for this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Denmania View Post
              Im sure Fixe Le Kap is a Novice which would make him ineligible for this ?
              He's a novice chaser but has 3 wins under hurdles. 1 this year and 2 from last season.

Comment

Fixe Le Kap NEEDS soft ground according to those very same connections (and Mark Howard) earlier on this season... couldn't be anywhere NEAR my mind for a good ground festival race.

Getting turned over on HIS ground on chase debut was not forgiveable IMO (although Mark Howard is a better judge than me) haha

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Fixe Le Kap NEEDS soft ground according to those very same connections (and Mark Howard) earlier on this season... couldn't be anywhere NEAR my mind for a good ground festival race.

Getting turned over on HIS ground on chase debut was not forgiveable IMO (although Mark Howard is a better judge than me) haha
                  Fair shout, his form on good ground at Cheltenham wasn’t too bad though, and if they don’t think he’s got a chance (due to the ground or otherwise) he won’t be running and so money back. Looking through my book earlier ‘good to soft, soft in places’ would be my dream scenario I think, certainly where I’d be most confident of the biggest returns

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                    Keep an eye on djingle for Paul nicholls. For this or martin pipe if he can get in.

Do you know who bought him Scooby? €350k

Comment

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
                      Do you know who bought him Scooby? €350k
                      Same owners as act of valour. The McNeil family.
                      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Are they lining up Diamond King for a repeat win after his failed Chase handicap attempt last year?

2016 he won Coral Cup beating Long House Hall, off a mark of 149.

He has twice in his life been entered on soft/heavy and been pulled out, but on his first start this year he ran on soft and got "nicely" beaten by Killultagh Vic...

Doesn't have a hurdle rating at the moment so I will keep my eye out for entries...

Only 14/1 NRNB
                        25/1 WH insurance
                        33/1 with BV

Have I missed any news on him...

Comment

• Any chance The Storyteller has been chasing to preserve his hurdle mark for this?

They tested the water on his seasonal debut, after being given an Irish mark of 142 over hurdles, finishing 2nd that day to Chateau Conti, who has done absolutely nothing for that form since, however I'd suspect he needed the run after nearly 300 days off the track, and it wasn't a terrible performance by any means.

Since that seasonal debut he has been chasing, and whilst being consistent, has probably shown that he can't compete right at the very top, well not yet anyway. I think they could choose worse options for the horse than switching back to hurdles for the festival and this, for me, represents a nice target.

14/1 NRNB with 365 currently, I have had myself some of that.

Comment

• The story teller was all the rage for the Martin pipe in the run up to the festival last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              Any chance The Storyteller has been chasing to preserve his hurdle mark for this?

They tested the water on his seasonal debut, after being given an Irish mark of 142 over hurdles, finishing 2nd that day to Chateau Conti, who has done absolutely nothing for that form since, however I'd suspect he needed the run after nearly 300 days off the track, and it wasn't a terrible performance by any means.

Since that seasonal debut he has been chasing, and whilst being consistent, has probably shown that he can't compete right at the very top, well not yet anyway. I think they could choose worse options for the horse than switching back to hurdles for the festival and this, for me, represents a nice target.

14/1 NRNB with 365 currently, I have had myself some of that.
                              Think that's a good shout CoD. Thought the Novice Handicap Chase was the plan initially but think he will be too high for that race now. He doesn't look up to the Graded Novice Chases, so doesn't seem to have anywhere to go over fences at the Festival now.

Comment

• Elliott also mentioned in his stable tour at the start of the season he would be one for handicap hurdles.

Comment

Working...
                                X