Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Coral Cup 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Still got my beady eye on Le Breuil for this... was pulled out of the race today due to the heavy ground which is only a plus. Goes well fresh, on a good mark, am sure he’s got a big handicap in him and hoping it’s at Cheltenham

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Honest truth if be does come back in a handicap bolts up goes up considerably and goes stayers I would see that as a mistake. Because the stayers is a pretty deep race now to my eye and I really don't think he wants 3 miles at all.
      I have to agree with you there.

He was always running on air in the last furlong of his races and didn’t seem to stay in the AB. He would be beaten by something finishing fast in the stayers in my opinion.

Comment

Robbante has just mentioned Hendo saying Burbank was the one to take out of yesterdays race.... 20/1 NRNB with 365 - not big enough for me to take but interesting horse on his 8L defeat in the Neptune behind Willooughby Court and Neon Wolf....that isn't bad form

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Robbante has just mentioned Hendo saying Burbank was the one to take out of yesterdays race.... 20/1 NRNB with 365 - not big enough for me to take but interesting horse on his 8L defeat in the Neptune behind Willooughby Court and Neon Wolf....that isn't bad form
          Yes can only see Burbank going for the coral cup, one to keep an eye on as that’s smart enough form. Still think Le Breuil beating Benatar 9 lengths is better form though (fancy Benatar to go close to beating Willoughby Court in the JLT). Le Breuil will be going here fresh now hopefully now and is one of my bigger fancies for this race

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
            Yes can only see Burbank going for the coral cup, one to keep an eye on as that’s smart enough form. Still think Le Breuil beating Benatar 9 lengths is better form though (fancy Benatar to go close to beating Willoughby Court in the JLT). Le Breuil will be going here fresh now hopefully now and is one of my bigger fancies for this race
            What do you think about his prep ... Pauling says he "famously needs his first run".... which he had when beaten by Black Ivory (who stepped up and won a pertemps qwualifier after that).... but missed his intended target..... I'd want to see him run between now and the festival....

25/1 NRNB though.... that does seem good..... ? Are you already on?

Comment

What do you think about his prep ... Pauling says he "famously needs his first run".... which he had when beaten by Black Ivory (who stepped up and won a pertemps qwualifier after that).... but missed his intended target..... I'd want to see him run between now and the festival....

25/1 NRNB though.... that does seem good..... ? Are you already on?
              Am on at 25s. I’d be happy with him going there fresh now, his best performance over benatar came in March after two runs in october and November. Has had two runs this season in November and December and think he will come on plenty for those

Comment

Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                Am on at 25s. I’d be happy with him going there fresh now, his best performance over benatar came in March after two runs in october and November. Has had two runs this season in November and December and think he will come on plenty for those
                Yes I can see the case. I like it at 25/1 NRNB BOG 4 places.

Comment

The Storyteller looks very interesting for this race.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                    I would have thought they'd keep him over fences Doc. Agree he would be interesting if they went back over hurdles though.

Comment

Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                      Has there been any indication about going back hurdling?

Seems to have taken well to fences I thought, I see he's been introduced at 12/1 NRNB?

I have backed him NRNB for the novice handicap chase on the first day, but he might be better than that race....

Comment

Seems to have taken well to fences I thought, I see he's been introduced at 12/1 NRNB?

I have backed him NRNB for the novice handicap chase on the first day, but he might be better than that race....
                        He's too high for the Novice Handicap isn't he?

Comment

Hi Kev,
                          I wouldn't be at all surprised to see this reverting back to hurdles. They nearly pulled a similar system off with Taquin du Seuil last year.
                          The fact that he's 12/1 isn't lost on the punters either.

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                            He's too high for the Novice Handicap isn't he?
                            I think he's 147 so before he ran i thought they might try and get that down potentially. Was speculative and NRNB ...

142 hurdles mark does look lenient here ... had anything been mentioned?

Comment

Moulin au vent would have a good mark to my eye. 137 fell over hurdles last time
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Had Fixe Le Kap added with Hills at 33/1. Plan is to go back hurdling with Coral Cup as the aim, according to Mark Howard's latest update. Has always looked as though a step up in trip would suit, has some smart form, and off a nice mark at 142

Comment

Working...
                                X