Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    His two runners as in Hollowgraphic and Blackbow
    Or Blackbow and Minella Encore?
    The latter before the race on Sat. Iv never seen him dismiss another of his so quickly. He dosent say too much but the way he looked and said was very bullish before the race and quite unusual. Almost as if he found it funny that she thought it would be a tough call.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      The latter before the race on Sat. Iv never seen him dismiss another of his so quickly. He dosent say too much but the way he looked and said was very bullish before the race and quite unusual. Almost as if he found it funny that she thought it would be a tough call.
      Proved to be right I suppose. Blackbow defintiely has the best form for me going in to that race.

I think they feel they've got two very good ones on their hands, which obviously bodes well!

In terms of Willie doing similar I remember him saying Baupaume was better than Merie Devie quite bullishly/quickly ... I remember taking that at face value, and that Vautour was better than Faugheen

Comment

• Be topping up on whatever Patrick doesn't ride myself. Ruby a big positive, even in a flat race for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
          Be topping up on whatever Patrick doesn't ride myself. Ruby a big positive, even in a flat race for me.

Year - Ruby/Patrick
          2008 - 6th/1st
          2009 - 4th/16th
          2010 - 2nd*/24th (Ruby rode for Paul Nicholls this season
          2011 - 15th/PU
          2012 - 3rd/1st
          2013 - 1st/9th
          2014 - 2nd/4th
          2015 - 10th/PU
          2016 - 3rd12th
          2017 - 4th/15th

Interesting .... Ruby has also won it in 2005 and 1998 but I don't think it is that fair to go back?

More wins for Patrick than Ruby but Ruby has generally out performed him? PRobably not a surpise.... but Patrick Mullins probably riding better than ever this season? With more confidence than ever?.... absolutely crushing the championship this year, had more high profile rides than any other season (due to Ruby being out) too?

I wouldn't rule one out because Patrick was on it? He has only ever finished ahead of Ruby when winning the race.

"Who is the only jockey to win every race that he's beaten Ruby Walsh in at the Cheltenham Festival"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            Year - Ruby/Patrick
            2008 - 6th/1st
            2009 - 4th/16th
            2010 - 2nd*/24th (Ruby rode for Paul Nicholls this season
            2011 - 15th/PU
            2012 - 3rd/1st
            2013 - 1st/9th
            2014 - 2nd/4th
            2015 - 10th/PU
            2016 - 3rd12th
            2017 - 4th/15th

Interesting .... Ruby has also won it in 2005 and 1998 but I don't think it is that fair to go back?

More wins for Patrick than Ruby but Ruby has generally out performed him? PRobably not a surpise.... but Patrick Mullins probably riding better than ever this season? With more confidence than ever?.... absolutely crushing the championship this year, had more high profile rides than any other season (due to Ruby being out) too?

I wouldn't rule one out because Patrick was on it? He has only ever finished ahead of Ruby when winning the race.

"Who is the only jockey to win every race that he's beaten Ruby Walsh in at the Cheltenham Festival"?
            I'm not ruling it out simply because he's on it Kev. He has first pick after all so should be the man to follow. But I dont think there is much between the two Mullins principals. Personally I don't think he's a very good jockey. Just my opinion.

Comment

• By far my biggest fancy in this race is didtheyleaveuoutto. Think he’d be clear favourite if with a more fashionable stable... don’t think anything will live with his turn of foot and he’s shown a high cruising speed so far also. And talking about jockeys by far my biggest worry about him is geraghty getting too cocky and giving him too much to do

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                By far my biggest fancy in this race is didtheyleaveuoutto. Think he’d be clear favourite if with a more fashionable stable... don’t think anything will live with his turn of foot and he’s shown a high cruising speed so far also. And talking about jockeys by far my biggest worry about him is geraghty getting too cocky and giving him too much to do
                I agree he'd be fav if with a more fashionable stable. But probably because he'd be with a better trainer! Gifford in a Championship race worries me a bit

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                  I agree he'd be fav if with a more fashionable stable. But probably because he'd be with a better trainer! Gifford in a Championship race worries me a bit
                  Same here, especially with him coming off a fair old break and having to be trained for the day. The trainer will be getting the blame if I’ve called this wrong

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                    Same here, especially with him coming off a fair old break and having to be trained for the day. The trainer will be getting the blame if I’ve called this wrong
                    Haha. Absolutely right too

Comment

• I don't think it matters who rides Blackbow as I can see Rhinestone finishing ahead of him next time out anyway, assuming they both meet at the festival of course.

Would prefer Hollowgraphic to make it though.

Comment

• Anyone know what's going on with Downtown Getaway?

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                          Anyone know what's going on with Downtown Getaway?
                          ny chance we will see DOWNTOWN GETAWAY and LUST FOR GLORY any time soon? Have they both pleased you?

Yes, they have both pleased me and will be working tomorrow (Saturday) morning when we’ll learn a lot more about them. Lust For Glory is quite well forward and I have the Mares’ Bumper at Aintree in the back of my mind for her as she’s quite smart. Dowtown Getaway is coming along nicely too and will also probably start off in bumpers. They’re very nice prospects.

(From his Unibet blog)

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                            ny chance we will see DOWNTOWN GETAWAY and LUST FOR GLORY any time soon? Have they both pleased you?

Yes, they have both pleased me and will be working tomorrow (Saturday) morning when we’ll learn a lot more about them. Lust For Glory is quite well forward and I have the Mares’ Bumper at Aintree in the back of my mind for her as she’s quite smart. Dowtown Getaway is coming along nicely too and will also probably start off in bumpers. They’re very nice prospects.

(From his Unibet blog)
                            I'd be shocked if he went champion bumper as soon as he went to henderson and commanded that fee for grech and parkin i personally wrote him of
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Hollowgraphic now 11 to back and nothing on lay side...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Hollowgraphic now 11 to back and nothing on lay side...
                                Earlier today it was £25 to back @ 11 and £27 @ 11.7 to lay... Hopefully Mullins will have him ready in five weeks time, but its looking like last year with Getabird being back off the boards then getting a small injury.. but this time he has not pulled him out..YET

Comment

Working...
                                X