Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cheltenham Bumper 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As good as the performance was, nothing before or after my horses run has me worried they’ll beat Hollowgraphic..

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Back to the bumper, I now only have 2 pts invested.

33/1 Hollowgraphic 1 pt
      25/1 Blackbow 1 pt

Free bets on:
      12/1 Didtheyleaveuoutto
      14/1 Good Boy Bobby

[/U]
      Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Delighted with that, tops of a brilliant day. will keep rhinestone. Which i put on today nrnb to add to my other 2.

Hollow graphic 25/1
      Blackbow 25/1
      Rhinestone 14/1 nrnb bog
      And I'll be going there with confidence
      Originally posted by jono View Post
      Very nice Scooby! Still some 16's around for Rhinestone which I have just taken. Leaves me with:

Stay Humble 33/1 (unlikely)
      Blackbow 25/1
      Rhinestone 16/1

Missed the prices on Hollowgraphic so although i'd like him covered, the price is too short for me now.
      Doubt i'll have another bet in this race now
      Only just watched the race back, happy to see we're all along the same lines

I'll have to add Rhinestone, frustrating I couldn't do anything "live" yesterday... but he was impressive too

Comment

Only just watched the race back, happy to see we're all along the same lines

I'll have to add Rhinestone, frustrating I couldn't do anything "live" yesterday... but he was impressive too
        We all go down together .
        Hollowgraphic has the potential but on what's happened on the track, blackbow should be outright fav for me.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Danny kirwan entered on the 9th Feb. Iv heard an extremely strong word on him for the future. Hopefully he won't go here though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Danny kirwan entered on the 9th Feb. Iv heard an extremely strong word on him for the future. Hopefully he won't go here though.
            Reliable source?

Not heard of it, who's it with (obviously I'll have checked by the time you reply)

Found this...

I’ve been lucky to ride some good horses for Pat Doyle, who is widely recognised as one of the best judges in the business. So when I heard that Pat had described Saturday’s Lisronagh four-year-old maiden winner Danny Kirwan as potentially the best horse he had ever trained in this age group, I can absolutely guarantee we’re talking about a genuinely exciting prospect.

Jamie Codd was on the Scorpion gelding, who was in complete command from the third-last and won as he liked from a pair of horses who had the benefit of previous experience.

I imagine Danny Kirwan’s owner Roddy O’Byrne has already received a few offers over the phone for this fellow. With any luck we will see a lot more of this horse. I’m told he’s named after a man from the town of Kilmacthomas, County Waterford, who celebrated his 100th birthday last year, a very nice touch by the owner.

Danny Kirwan’s French-bred dam Sainte Baronne was placed in all three bumper starts in the 2008/09 season when trained by Matthieu Palussiere. The Frenchman was based in Ireland at the time and also trained a good mare called Tramp Stamp. As followers of Flat racing will know, he is now established back in his home country and brought off a big shock when saddling Different League to win the Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot this year.

I was in action at Dowth Hall on Sunday but I’m afraid I got only a distant view from the rear of the field of another highly impressive four-year-old maiden winner, Good Man Jim.

This grey son of Martaline was sent to the front by Shane Fitzgerald and jumped really well, with the exception of a mistake five out which didn’t seem to take anything out of him.

His handler Mick Goff has produced some very promising youngsters in recent seasons. This fellow could be another very good one.
            Last edited by Kevloaf; 4 February 2018, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Reliable source?

Not heard of it, who's it with (obviously I'll have checked by the time you reply)

Found this...

I’ve been lucky to ride some good horses for Pat Doyle, who is widely recognised as one of the best judges in the business. So when I heard that Pat had described Saturday’s Lisronagh four-year-old maiden winner Danny Kirwan as potentially the best horse he had ever trained in this age group, I can absolutely guarantee we’re talking about a genuinely exciting prospect.

Jamie Codd was on the Scorpion gelding, who was in complete command from the third-last and won as he liked from a pair of horses who had the benefit of previous experience.

I imagine Danny Kirwan’s owner Roddy O’Byrne has already received a few offers over the phone for this fellow. With any luck we will see a lot more of this horse. I’m told he’s named after a man from the town of Kilmacthomas, County Waterford, who celebrated his 100th birthday last year, a very nice touch by the owner.

Danny Kirwan’s French-bred dam Sainte Baronne was placed in all three bumper starts in the 2008/09 season when trained by Matthieu Palussiere. The Frenchman was based in Ireland at the time and also trained a good mare called Tramp Stamp. As followers of Flat racing will know, he is now established back in his home country and brought off a big shock when saddling Different League to win the Albany Stakes at Royal Ascot this year.

I was in action at Dowth Hall on Sunday but I’m afraid I got only a distant view from the rear of the field of another highly impressive four-year-old maiden winner, Good Man Jim.

This grey son of Martaline was sent to the front by Shane Fitzgerald and jumped really well, with the exception of a mistake five out which didn’t seem to take anything out of him.

His handler Mick Goff has produced some very promising youngsters in recent seasons. This fellow could be another very good one.
              He's at Paul nichols and they like him alot.

Comment

• No idea if true as yet but heard Hollowgraphic has had a setback. I wouldn’t panic yet as it needs confirming but thought I’d best bring it up or I’d feel bad for not if it’s true.

Comment

• I noticed the drift and shortening of the principals around him so suspected something, though it is the season for games....

Comment

• What I thought. Could be rumours to boost the price.

Lad who told me is generally straightforward though so time will tell.

Comment

• Originally posted by jonthehammer View Post
                      What I thought. Could be rumours to boost the price.

A £200 lay order at 9 suggests it's a genuine issue and there's a thief with info trying to cash in.

I've just backed Rhinestone each way at 10/1 NRNB, I was taken with his effort on Saturday having previously smashed a Mullins hotpot, he gave me the impression he would improve for a proper racing pace...

Comment

• I’ve gone back in on blackbow and good boy bobby.

Comment

What I thought. Could be rumours to boost the price.

Really disappointing if true. Alhough unless it is something that has only just happened, surely a bit strange of Willie to mention the horse as a 'dark horse' to follow at the weekend in this video below:

Last edited by Rhinestone_Cowboy; 5 February 2018, 02:52 PM.

Comment

• You know what Willie is like. Full Of it

Comment

• Could be someone just laying to cover their bet at bigger prices. Not sure if another run is planned for him? so not likely his odds will come down further.

Comment

You know what Willie is like. Full Of it
                                To be fair I don't think he'd mention a horse who had had a set back and might miss the Festival

Comment

Working...
                                X