Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

National Hunt Chase (4 miler) 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Still hard to know what the opposition will be at this stage. I'm hoping Elegant Escape, Impulsive Star, Fagan and Presenting Percy will be my 4
    True we don't, but looking through those at the head of the market it doesn't look too be the deepest of renewals.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      True we don't, but looking through those at the head of the market it doesn't look too be the deepest of renewals.
      Yeah I agree.

If he is 9/2 I'd consider that a fantastic price anyway... I hope he is a big price.

To be fair, the announcement of a jockey could knock at least 2 pts off!

Comment

• Percy fav for RSA , cant see him coming here at all. His super jumping his is strong suite , more so than his stamina , not that he lacking in that department either. You only need to look at the likely line up in RSA ,either fell or jump to slowly on evidence seen.Just feel Percy will put them all to the sword with his jumping , and one of the bets of the festival for me.

Comment

• You may well be right TB but I'd almost see him as a penalty kick if he came here, providing he got a decent jockey booking. I wouldn't be anywhere near as confident in the RSA
          Last edited by Faugheen_Machine; 9 January 2018, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
            Percy fav for RSA , cant see him coming here at all. His super jumping his is strong suite , more so than his stamina , not that he lacking in that department either. You only need to look at the likely line up in RSA ,either fell or jump to slowly on evidence seen.Just feel Percy will put them all to the sword with his jumping , and one of the bets of the festival for me.
            Which do you think is an easier race to win?

Monalee for me is easily better than any horse in this race... at 5/1 RSA and 9/2 NH Chase - NRNB I trhink one is much easier to win than the other.

Comment

Which do you think is an easier race to win?

Monalee for me is easily better than any horse in this race... at 5/1 RSA and 9/2 NH Chase - NRNB I trhink one is much easier to win than the other.
              Personally Kev , its between the two on what we seen this season. I actually think Percy has better chance here in RSA than the four miler as Davy Russell gets a right tune out of him.

Comment

• I have Mall dini for this , same owner or Trainer as P.P i think. along with Elegant escape and Fagan .

Comment

• Gigginstown could run all available entries bar Thunder And Roses in the Goffs Thyestes Chase on Thursday but the ground may be too heavy for Mall Dini, said owner Philip Reynolds, who has also entered Presenting Percy in the John Mulhern Galmoy Hurdle.

Reynolds said: "I’d like to see some let-up with regard to the rain if they are to run, though I'd like to run them. The ground is testing. The plan is that Presenting Percy will go in the RSA Chase at Cheltenham, Mall Dini the National Hunt Chase as a second-season novice."
                  Mall Dini for the 4 miler. Katie Walsh's ride again?

Comment

• Had a read through this thread last night and I noticed Kev pulled out a horse of Neil Mullholland, Impulsive Star, and I've round to thinking he might be onto something.
                    Owned by Waley-Cohen he's pretty much guaranteed to run here and of course will have his son on board who is one of the best amateurs around.

Some key trends for this:

Must have had at least 3 chase runs
                    Previous Cheltenham experience crucial
                    Securing one of the top pilots equally crucial
                    Focus on 7yo and 8yo (Minella Rocco won at 6 but he since went close in a Gold Cup so exceptionally talented)

All of these strengthen the case for Impulsive Star who was backed into fav in last years Pertemps where he was simply taken off his feet by the pace, that won't happen here.
                    The horse has been crying out for extreme test of stamina from an early age, he got within 8l of Wholestone in his novice hurdle days typically staying on and closest at the line, this race has to suit.
                    50/1 NRNB looks to be exceptional value.

Of course there are trends that that don't fit:

Hasn't competed in G1/G2 chase
                    Hasn't yet won a chase
                    Isn't owned by JP

But 50/1....

Comment

• I think so too Ista. I saw he was pushed out to 50/1 NRNB which I thought was really strange? Have we missed an update on him?

Comment

• Originally posted by cpfcpatriot View Post
                        Mall Dini for the 4 miler. Katie Walsh's ride again?
                        Bit of an over reaction in his price IMO after todays news.... 25/1 in to 12/1?

Not against him but that price is short?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                          Had a read through this thread last night and I noticed Kev pulled out a horse of Neil Mullholland, Impulsive Star, and I've round to thinking he might be onto something.
                          Owned by Waley-Cohen he's pretty much guaranteed to run here and of course will have his son on board who is one of the best amateurs around.

Some key trends for this:

Must have had at least 3 chase runs
                          Previous Cheltenham experience crucial
                          Securing one of the top pilots equally crucial
                          Focus on 7yo and 8yo (Minella Rocco won at 6 but he since went close in a Gold Cup so exceptionally talented)

All of these strengthen the case for Impulsive Star who was backed into fav in last years Pertemps where he was simply taken off his feet by the pace, that won't happen here.
                          The horse has been crying out for extreme test of stamina from an early age, he got within 8l of Wholestone in his novice hurdle days typically staying on and closest at the line, this race has to suit.
                          50/1 NRNB looks to be exceptional value.

Of course there are trends that that don't fit:

Hasn't competed in G1/G2 chase
                          Hasn't yet won a chase
                          Isn't owned by JP

But 50/1....
                          How strong a bet do you think this is? Thinking of putting a few points on without doing any of my own research as you have made a very good sounding case.

Comment

Yeah I saw the news and was like good time to back and it was an absolute blood bath. Managed to find some 16s but was seeing 12 and even 10 at which I wasn't going to bother

Comment

Mall Dini 25-1 with W.Hills still

Comment

• I was thinking mall dini for the Kim
                                Muir.

Comment

Working...
                                X