Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ballymore (Previously Neptune) Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
    just spoke to elliott on phone who told him no matter what samcro goes to ballymore, and they don't care about the ground, and told him he can quote him on it.
    Just seen that all over twitter too.

Good. Puts that boring story to bed .... for the fifth time

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Just seen that all over twitter too.

Good. Puts that boring story to bed .... for the fifth time
      That was getting boring, what is good for me and others is that Getabird stays in the supreme & gets his ground...

Comment

• Something that stuck with me from the preview nights was a couple of the mullins lot saying Next Destination needs good ground to challenge Samcro. Next Destinations best race for me on this ground would be the Supreme

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
          Something that stuck with me from the preview nights was a couple of the mullins lot saying Next Destination needs good ground to challenge Samcro. Next Destinations best race for me on this ground would be the Supreme
          I agree, think they've screwed the owner on this one by taking him out of supreme. Would've had a fav's chance in my book in supreme

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
            Something that stuck with me from the preview nights was a couple of the mullins lot saying Next Destination needs good ground to challenge Samcro. Next Destinations best race for me on this ground would be the Supreme
            He's not entered.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
              I agree, think they've screwed the owner on this one by taking him out of supreme. Would've had a fav's chance in my book in supreme
              Was really surprised they took him out, has to go Ballymore now but he would surely need to be at his peak to give Samcro a race, and connections obviously think he’s at his peak on good ground which he won’t get

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                He's not entered.
                I know but think he should’ve been

Comment

• ND shorter for the Albert Bartlett, may well go there

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                    ND shorter for the Albert Bartlett, may well go there
                    Not on the exchange. Your looking at nrnb prices.
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Worrying the comments about On The Blind Side on other thread. You would think he needs to be somewhere near spot on to put it up to Samcro. I have always harboured doubts about the ride as well. Last time he was at Cheltenham it appeared De Boinville was waiting an age for the horse to pick up. Likely he isn't going to get that luxury again. It won't be a surprise if the favourite goes clear at some stage, probably on the bridle, but if he does start to paddle up the hill then De Boinville will need have got On The Blind Side close enough to mount a serious challenge. No good being 10 lengths off running to the last and then finding 5 lengths up the hill. Has he got that type of forceful ride in the locker?

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                        Worrying the comments about On The Blind Side on other thread. You would think he needs to be somewhere near spot on to put it up to Samcro. I have always harboured doubts about the ride as well. Last time he was at Cheltenham it appeared De Boinville was waiting an age for the horse to pick up. Likely he isn't going to get that luxury again. It won't be a surprise if the favourite goes clear at some stage, probably on the bridle, but if he does start to paddle up the hill then De Boinville will need have got On The Blind Side close enough to mount a serious challenge. No good being 10 lengths off running to the last and then finding 5 lengths up the hill. Has he got that type of forceful ride in the locker?
                        Nico is one of the best in a finish (infact I think the stats are there to prove he wins most often out of any other jockey in a finish).

I'd think that'd mean he could translate it to a forceful ride and it is in his locker...however for me the result won't be affected whether he gets the perfect ride or an average ride...

I used to not be a fan of Nico but I really, really like him now.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Nico is one of the best in a finish (infact I think the stats are there to prove he wins most often out of any other jockey in a finish).

I'd think that'd mean he could translate it to a forceful ride and it is in his locker...however for me the result won't be affected whether he gets the perfect ride or an average ride...

I used to not be a fan of Nico but I really, really like him now.
                          I am not concerned about the finish it is more the requirement to get active enough to be in a position to ride the finish.

Personally, I would have been more confident about Samcro in a Supreme. It is not inconceivable that he might have problems getting home on testing ground. The track will also be a new test for him. He hasn't had to face a battle as yet and who knows how much or little he will find (should he need to) off the bridle.

Comment

• Samcro won a PTP on heavy, I don’t think 2.5 on soft will be an issue

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                              Samcro won a PTP on heavy, I don’t think 2.5 on soft will be an issue
                              It might not be but there are loads of examples of horses who won points but were better at shorter trips. He has already shown far more pace than the average pointer.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                                I am not concerned about the finish it is more the requirement to get active enough to be in a position to ride the finish.

Personally, I would have been more confident about Samcro in a Supreme. It is not inconceivable that he might have problems getting home on testing ground. The track will also be a new test for him. He hasn't had to face a battle as yet and who knows how much or little he will find (should he need to) off the bridle.
                                I wouldn't have any doubts about Nico's ability to get a horse in the right position either KB?

From the very top of my head, the ride he gave Sprinter Sacre to beat UDS was excellent, made his move at the right time.
                                When Douvan won the Arkle, he made a good move on Vaniteux who then fell?

When he rode OTBS he was off the bridle first and went past them, so he seems to be able to react and make a move when he feels he needs to

Comment

Working...
                                X